Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

Also, players approved of Guy Fieri's cooking last year during the Futile Four. But those players are in college and have no taste.

I called Lisa Lillien, the "Hungry Girl," and asked if she'd be willing to cook. She's basically a low calorie Sandra Lee, minus the table scapes and cocktail time. She said just give her a time, date, and location, and she'd be willing to do it.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Aunt Sandy and her cocktail time are definitely too haute couture for this tournament. If I can pull off this Baltika sponsorship, whooo boy.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Aunt Sandy and her cocktail time are definitely too haute couture for this tournament. If I can pull off this Baltika sponsorship, whooo boy.
        And you should see Hungry Girl's recipes. Lots of fat free, low calorie, tasteless garbage.

If you can't get the Baltika sponsorship, at least see if you can get the Russians to prevent tournament officials from broadcasting results on their phone.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          Does Marty want to be guest ref this year? I'm leaning toward the East regional being in Mt Washington again, if someone can loan us a Weather Machine.
          My sources tell me that Marty has loved reffing the past two years, and he has had some teeth removed recently, so picking up the puck (and running with it) will be much easier for him now. Just don't call him late for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            My sources tell me that Marty has loved reffing the past two years, and he has had some teeth removed recently, so picking up the puck (and running with it) will be much easier for him now. Just don't call him late for dinner.
            Just pay him in tuna and head scratches, right?

Comment

Fade, I called Lisa Lillien back. I told her to plan on early April, and after perusing her recipes, to bring this for dessert.

https://www.hungry-girl.com/weekly-recipes/pb-j-dip

Comment

As long as we're not expected to sample any of that garbage, we're good.

Comment

Fade, I called Lisa Lillien back. I told her to plan on early April, and after perusing her recipes, to bring this for dessert.

https://www.hungry-girl.com/weekly-recipes/pb-j-dip
                  Oh no, you, I, and possibly John J. MacInnes are going for pizza.

Comment

Oh no, you, I, and possibly John J. MacInnes are going for pizza.
                    JJM will attend.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                      JJM will attend.
                      Also, the Commish rather enjoyed watching the chaos unfold from Point Roberts last season. Wonder if you have another chaotic situation in the West available?

We have bids from the East... we need bids from the West, Midwest, and South, a place for the No Wins midseason classic, and of course, a few more Futile Four bids. Remember, the sadder the location is, the better.

Comment

Of course we're concerned about the Alaska schools. We can't rank them here if they don't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Oh, do I have rink for you in Baltimore City. Mimi DiPietro Rink aka Patterson Park. Little parking, it's a bubble and the ice is a few inches away from the boards.

https://bcrp.baltimorecity.gov/DiPietroIceRink
                          I've been there and can attest to what he said. Best place I know of to blow out a knee and/or break an ankle. And when you're done, there's no guarantee your car will still be where you left it.
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                            I've been there and can attest to what he said. Best place I know of to blow out a knee and/or break an ankle. And when you're done, there's no guarantee your car will still be where you left it.
                            Now it's in the running. We'll keep the nomination process open for a little bit. Besides, I still need West, Midwest, and South regionals.

Comment

Now it's in the running. We'll keep the nomination process open for a little bit. Besides, I still need West, Midwest, and South regionals.
                              If that "other" tournament can consider eastern PA to be the "Midwest", why can't this tournament put Baltimore in the West? or the Midwest? or the South?
                              Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                              Clarkson 1990

Comment

As always, I wish to suggest an outdoor location. On one of the Great Lakes. Water may or may not be frozen. Locations can be found that are only snowmobile accessible. hmm, though that could add to the expense, unless we had willing volunteers. Lakes would have no boards, stands, nets, food and most likely no spectators. Ice conditions, if there is ice, are most likely terrible, bumpy, windrows, possible ice volcanoes, its possible teams could be skating at a slight uphill or downhill. Special penalties in place for breaking through the ice. Granted this would favor smaller players, but who cares? If location has no ice, players would exchange skates for water shoes and play would be in knee deep water. First team with a man down to hypothermia loses. Or is it wins?
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X