Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Well, UAH did have a commanding 3-goal lead for half the game...
    "Well, we sportsed our best and scored points, but the other team was sportsing too, and they scored even more points."
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Well, UAH did have a commanding 3-goal lead for half the game...
      ... which makes it worse.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Fade, JJM,

I've seen video of the Topsham "community rink."

This year, there is no ice yet, there are no boards, benches, etc. There are some stands, but those are for tournament officials (us) and can also serve as a penalty area. We're creative... what can we do?
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          Fade, JJM,

I've seen video of the Topsham "community rink."

This year, there is no ice yet, there are no boards, benches, etc. There are some stands, but those are for tournament officials (us) and can also serve as a penalty area. We're creative... what can we do?
          We can gleefully say this will be a perfect venue.

Or we can look at going to nearby Brunswick Landing.

https://www.pressherald.com/2019/02/...to-open-first/
          Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 12-09-2019, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
            We can gleefully say this will be a perfect venue.

Or we can look at going to nearby Brunswick Landing.

https://www.pressherald.com/2019/02/...to-open-first/
            I think we'll keep it here.

Rusty's convenience store already said we can have stale decaf coffee and expired bean burritos. We're not eating that; there's enough money in our budget to take us to a nearby IHOP.

Comment

I think we'll keep it here.

Rusty's convenience store already said we can have stale decaf coffee and expired bean burritos. We're not eating that; there's enough money in our budget to take us to a nearby IHOP.
              I'm going to insist on some local fare, so we have to include some tomalley. Maybe a tomalley eating contest at an intermission?

If you're not familiar with tomalley, it's one of the most vile things you can possibly ingest. It's the soft, green substance found in the body cavity of lobsters, that fulfills the functions of both the liver and the pancreas. It can also contain high levels of PCBs which can give a number of negative health effects in large concentrations, so it's perfect for the NoWinS.
              Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 12-11-2019, 07:37 AM.

Comment

I'm going to insist on some local fare, so we have to include some tomalley. Maybe a tomalley eating contest at an intermission?

If you're not familiar with tomalley, it's one of the most vile things you can possibly ingest. It's the soft, green substance found in the body cavity of lobsters, that fulfills the functions of both the liver and the pancreas. It can also contain high levels of PCBs which can give a number of negative health effects in large concentrations, so it's perfect for the NoWinS.
                Can we have a player come down with some negative health effects during the NoWinS?

Comment

And we're going to move Maine at 8-8-3 to the bubble. Given the Lack of Optimism in their thread... I'd say they're desperate and would hire someone who clubs baby seals in their spare time as coach if said coach could get them to the NCAAs.

Comment

Seeing as they would practically be a host school, Maine is mercifully ineligible for the NoWinS this season.

In other NoWinS news, transport for the four teams has now been arranged thanks to some high level maritime negotiation. St. Cloud is now on their way to Thunder Bay, Ontario. They will board the bulk carrier Algoma Spirit there and be bound for Hamilton. UAH will meet that freighter and board it while still in transit in the Detroit River. In Hamilton, those two teams will transfer to the Malta flagged Belasitza, which will pick up both Canisius there. Vermont will board at Cornwall Island in the St. Lawrence Seaway, and the Belasitza will drop all four at Quebec City. They will then be transported by school bus the 244 miles to Topsham, just in time to play on December 21.

Comment

UAH will meet that freighter and board it while still in transit in the Detroit River.
                      They will hold their breath and ride a SpaceX rocket's first stage to the landing. HERE GOES NOTHING

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                        They will hold their breath and ride a SpaceX rocket's first stage to the landing. HERE GOES NOTHING

GFM
                        We can't afford SpaceX. But have fun on the carrier and on the rickety old school bus.

Also, JJM... we can get the teams to Topsham. How they get home is entirely up to them.

Comment

How they get home is entirely up to them.
                          That was a given. However, it's entirely possible that their homes don't want them anymore.

Comment

a big agree with this - it looks, smells and tastes terrible. not fit for human consumption
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Is Isle Royale still on for a site? Food will be a real problem there. Players could set snares for rabbits and beavers (I hear the tails are tasty). Or pick at the remains of wolf killed moose. Or go hungry. Hungry for a win and hungry to get off the island and eat. They may even eat the tomalley.

In interest of full disclosure, my mister would eat almost anything - tongue, brains, liver, kidneys - and yes, he ate tomalley. I had to look away.
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                Is Isle Royale still on for a site? Food will be a real problem there. Players could set snares for rabbits and beavers (I hear the tails are tasty). Or pick at the remains of wolf killed moose. Or go hungry. Hungry for a win and hungry to get off the island and eat. They may even eat the tomalley.

In interest of full disclosure, my mister would eat almost anything - tongue, brains, liver, kidneys - and yes, he ate tomalley. I had to look away.
                                Our regional sites haven't changed. And you are on as guest red for Isle Royale.

Comment

Working...
                                X