Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

And Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays from the "staff" of the Bottom Feeders tournament, including Timcat. We do this because we love you.

Actually, right now, we're in an office right eating all sorts of unhealthy carbs and do not love any of you.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

And we have video of the weather at the Summit of Mt. Washington.

Too bad our tournament wasn't today, Snively.
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        And we have video of the weather at the Summit of Mt. Washington.

Too bad our tournament wasn't today, Snively.
        Marty reports: "No worries. The sleet has frozen into a bumpy sheet of ice on the summit's upper parking lot, albeit lumpy, which should make moving and shooting the puck its usual challenge. But, lots more winter to come up here and end of March is a long ways off, so lots of napping, mousing, and purring to be done over the next several weeks, which will keep me in shape for the Bottom Feeders Northeast Regionals. Please bring us your best (worst?) teams once again. Happy New Year, everyone!"
        Last edited by Snively65; 01-01-2020, 07:12 PM.

Comment

well, yeah, so we got the jet ski guy onboard for this. he thinks (well, he probably doesn't really think much as he tried to ride his jet ski to Isle Royale last summer, ran out of gas, was rescued by the Coast Guard) he's involved in some extreme sporting event. Waino Heikinenen out of Two Harbors will use his pick up to tow jetskiguy to open water. This is Minnesota, the state of hockey, so a few fans might follow along and we would have a flotilla. * em. jetskiguy can't pull a whole bunch of boats so we are going with a 3 on 3 format. players will ride fully dressed, laying on their backs, skates in the air, so they don't puncture the boats. we will tuck Frank and huskyfan and the beer (authorized spending) around the players. we just want to get out there, play the game and get back, so we can say we did. it won't be pretty, but this isn't the NHL.
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

We've got commentators for the games! I've slipped Drew Morgan and Jessica Meir $20 (or so they think) to cover the game. The setUP:

MissThundercat will tweet with a burner account that only huskyfan and JJM can read. JJM will look very disapprovingly at his phone.
            huskyfan will call me with updates on a public pay phone with no windscreen up on Mt. Washington. Our conversations will take four minutes. WHAT?!
            I'll call the ISS Flight Director with updates in their Flight Control Room. "Flight, I will not take no for an answer. YOU MUST TALK TO THE RUSSIANS FOR ME. The fire can wait." "POD, I'm going to have GC put a phone patch for you into Loop 18." "Flight, come on ... it's more fun this way. Like hell it is."
            Flight, while composing a stern email to my management, will call PRP or SRP in Moscow. If it's anything like last night, they won't answer for a while because they've been drinking in Star City.
            Moscow will call the Russian Segment crew on VHF (and the attendant static) to give them the news.
            The RS crew will write the info in Cyrillic and float all the way into Node 2 (seriously, a long way with lots of laptops to avoid). They will pick a USOS crew member that isn't Drew or Jessica, wake them up, and hand them the note.
            The perturbed USOS crew will wake one of our illustrious crew up with the news. The crew then has to translate it into English. Then ...
            "Huntsville, Station on S/G 2 for terrible hockey." "Huntsville's with you on 2, Drew." "Man, your team is playing pretty badly tonight, but somehow they're up 1-0. I think that they scored when a puck hit a stick, deflected into the sky, hit a pigeon, curled around three bottles of vodka, bounced off of the ref's skate, and went in past a bored goaltender doing his homework. I don't know if the vodka was a thing, though."
            "Uhhh, we copy, Station."
            A very annoyed PAYCOM will call me at home with the news. "Is UAH really up 1-0?" "No, they're down 3-2. This comm path is terribly slow." "Why aren't you tweeting it out from the first step?" "OpSec, PAYCOM. OPSEC." "Copy."

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

there's no cellphone coverage on Isle Royale. you are going to have to keep huskyfan and Frank sober. huskyfan anyway.
              Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                there's no cellphone coverage on Isle Royale. you are going to have to keep huskyfan and Frank sober. huskyfan anyway.
                Aw heck.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                  So let's just give jetskiguy the updates on paper, and make him hand deliver them to the Canada Post office in Thunder Bay. That should take sufficient steps to prevent timely updates.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                    So let's just give jetskiguy the updates on paper, and make him hand deliver them to the Canada Post office in Thunder Bay. That should take sufficient steps to prevent timely updates.
                    I don't want him getting lost: 1) with the results 2) without picking us up for the return trip
                    Boosh Factor 4

Comment

I don't want him getting lost: 1) with the results 2) without picking us up for the return trip
                      Come on, we'll triangulate your position with the HAM radio beacon on the ISS, Rudolph the Reindeer's red nose, and the beer permanently stuck in JJM's hand. We have the technology.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                        Come on, we'll triangulate your position with the HAM radio beacon on the ISS, Rudolph the Reindeer's red nose, and the beer permanently stuck in JJM's hand. We have the technology.

GFM
                        Or the coffee in my hand. Can you work something with that.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          Or the coffee in my hand. Can you work something with that.
                          We'll use that as a fail-over point.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
                            JJM drinks that high end beer. Glass bottles are too heavy. We were hoping for an up grade to Grain Belt. In plastic bottles, of course. This is Lake Superior after all, we don't want any casualties. No coffee pot. What does the Commish expect? We were going to gather wood, to build him a nice little campfire, to percolate his coffee over? On the Island, games played, beers emptied, pack up Frank and off the Island in 2 hours.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Comment

JJM drinks that high end beer. Glass bottles are too heavy. We were hoping for an up grade to Grain Belt. In plastic bottles, of course. This is Lake Superior after all, we don't want any casualties. No coffee pot. What does the Commish expect? We were going to gather wood, to build him a nice little campfire, to percolate his coffee over? On the Island, games played, beers emptied, pack up Frank and off the Island in 2 hours.
                              I fly a space station. I can ping off of plastic bottles. See that red dot on the wall above you? You didn't even tell me that you were back from your quick walk outside.

I can do none of those things.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

The commish will not be attending this one. It's up to you and Frank. JJM will be in Oklahoma or Alabama. And huskyfan, you know I love you, but remember it's HER coffee, thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                                X