Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I wonder which one of our beloved staff members will lose it first?

JJM with the Alaskan governor?
    huskyfan with Frank?
    Me with a less than social cat?
    Fade with Malcolm Portera?
    The most outwardly insufferable is Francis. I can handle the governor, as long as he doesn't slash the beer budget (then I move up the list).

Comment

Early look at the Edmond, OK West regional site.

The indoor rink is much too nice now. We're moving across the city to the Edmond Ice Rink. It's outdoors for now, but with some threatening negotiation we've procured an old inflatable softball dome which will cover the surface. It's got lots of holes so it will potentially be falling down during play. This will also prevent anyone from seeing the action.
      Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 02-05-2020, 09:37 AM.

Comment

An update on the rink here in Topsham.It still has no ice. The tiny tots are using a slab of ice at the other end of the park as a "learn to skate" area and everyone else is using the arena at Bowdoin College. There is a water fountain the town uses to flood the rink but I have no idea if it is working. Players assigned to this regional may need to bring buckets so they can carry water a half mile or so from the river. Shouldn't take each of them more than 50 trips each with a couple 5 gallon buckets. Will provide them an excellent workout before the games!

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          An update on the rink here in Topsham.It still has no ice. The tiny tots are using a slab of ice at the other end of the park as a "learn to skate" area and everyone else is using the arena at Bowdoin College. There is a water fountain the town uses to flood the rink but I have no idea if it is working. Players assigned to this regional may need to bring buckets so they can carry water a half mile or so from the river. Shouldn't take each of them more than 50 trips each with a couple 5 gallon buckets. Will provide them an excellent workout before the games!
          Just think of their shock and disappointment when the teams find out that Topsham isn't even a regional site. It already hosted the NoWinS.

Comment

I have my worries about Frank. This isn't a "go sit in the car, Frank" kinda deal. Once the jet ski takes off towing the zodiacs full of beer, players, Frank and huskyfan, there is no turning back. In good news, the colder temperatures, while not freezing Lake Superior, will have allowed Washington Harbor to freeze nicely for the tournament. I mean, what's a few windrows and ice volcanoes when good hockey is to be had?
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
              Michigan Tech: Hold my beer.
              30 is still in reach!

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                I have my worries about Frank. This isn't a "go sit in the car, Frank" kinda deal. Once the jet ski takes off towing the zodiacs full of beer, players, Frank and huskyfan, there is no turning back.
                Straightjacket, muzzle, ear plugs. I'll overnight it to ya.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
                  The committee will not pay for any of that.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    The committee will not pay for any of that.
                    I'm a generous soul.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
                      I'll take it!
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

There will be a new MARS by Sunday afternoon, and it appears there's a 3 way race for #1 between Bentley, UAH, and Vermont.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          There will be a new MARS by Sunday afternoon, and it appears there's a 3 way race for #1 between Bentley, UAH, and Vermont.
                          Kevin Sneddon needs a role on this committee. He's not getting off easy by just retiring.

Comment

Kevin Sneddon needs a role on this committee. He's not getting off easy by just retiring.
                            Exactly. Vermont is a fixture in these rankings and we need to get him in here. For the moment, what if I had him come with me to Mt. Washington?
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              Exactly. Vermont is a fixture in these rankings and we need to get him in here. For the moment, what if I had him come with me to Mt. Washington?
                              Only if his team wins and is eliminated from a different regional. Then he has to get to you by some impossible deadline or they get put back in the running.

Comment

Only if his team wins and is eliminated from a different regional. Then he has to get to you by some impossible deadline or they get put back in the running.
                                He could be guest ref for the final in Baltimore City if Vermont doesn't make it that far.

Comment

Working...
                                X