Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    He's not. That honor goes to Cheddy Thompson and Thomas Bedecki, who each coached Colorado College to a title. Their enrollment makes them the smallest.

But Frank will probably claim he meant campus size next.
    Frank will probably say he DID coach CC to a title.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
      3/4 of the Futile Four are set: UAH, Varmint, and SLUT. Just waiting for the loser of CC and Onion. Who plays who?
      Wait a minute, did the Atlantic Hockey schools actually win their way out of a Futile Four appearance this year?!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Wait a minute, did the Atlantic Hockey schools actually win their way out of a Futile Four appearance this year?!
        Oui. So did UAA.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          The Commish just got some garbled results back from the Northeast.

Lake Inferior State made sure they got off Mt. Washington in a hurry, beating UAH 19-0. Max Humitz of Inferior scored 9 goals.

Mercyhurst wanted to join the other Lakers going home, as James Anderson of Mercyhurst scored all 4 goals in the game.

Marty got plenty of head scratches.

Regional Final: UAA vs. UAH.

We think UAH may have contracted COVID-19 as a team, because they were coughing, short of breath, and had fevers of 100.6. We made them play UAA anyway, and they were no match for the Seapuppies. That being said, the Seapuppies managed to score 7 goals standing 180 feet away from UAH.

UAH punches their ticket to Baltimore.
          Heard through the grapevine that Marty enjoyed reffing again this year, and the head scratches and tuna, of course, and is already looking ahead to Mt Washington hosting the NE regional again next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            Special favor to ask of JJM and Fade: would you two be willing to take a Futile Four game if I wrote the final?

Coffee for Fade, Upper Hand beer for JJM.
            JJM is happy to oblige. Due to the current travel ban, I'll be watching on security camera links. It's perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
              JJM is happy to oblige. Due to the current travel ban, I'll be watching on security camera links. It's perfect.
              The Commish thanks you!
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Wow! I woke up on Isle Royale at Windigo, in a tent, in a down sleeping bag, with solicitous Bemidji fans bringing me a Bloody Mary. Hair of the dog. Bacon and eggs were cooking, the fans were up and greeting each other cheerfully. The teams were still asleep.

The nice Minnesotans let me use the sat phone.

Two rinks have been set up, completely smooth shoveled ice, dasher boards, scoreboard and bleachers. (having the teams skate in thigh deep snow was a dream of mine, who would have ever found the puck?, this is way better!) Cooking facilities, restrooms and gathering areas are in place. There is even a medical tent! Frank overnighted on the yacht. I think he owns it. He made a lot of money coaching in the ECHL. And he coached both CC and Lake States to NCAA championships! What a guy!

This is the nicest Futile Four ever!! I love it. I just knew I wouldn't let down our fans. Even though Frank is taking all the credit, that's ok. He's man and needs the ego strokes. A few more boats arrived this morning - they were greeted with cheers and people immediately ran down to the harbor to help them dock and leaded them up to the eating area for breakfast.

Almost everyone has on Futile Four sweatshirts and drinking from Futile Four souvenir cups. A freighter went by with a HUGE banner saying "Welcome to the Futile Four Bottom Feeders Bracket". A group headed out on snowshoes this morning to look for sea caves.

The poor Commish drank so much coffee she hallucinated badly. She also may have been adding a little something to the coffee. Maybe a lot something. There never were games held at Lake Desor. That is a two day hike - when the snow is gone. With the Commish's foot... Although I understand this hallucination. Even with my bad knee, I dream of backpacking this trail. There are no park rangers on the Isle during the winter. And no cell phone service. All personnel were pulled off the Island for restocking beer, firearm training and corona virus testing. Our beloved Commish was in such bad shape when we hit Two Harbors, I went through her handbag and found a Futile Four credit card. Wha?? She's been holding out on us. I used it to buy a Glock, ammunition and bottles of vodka. And for a bus ticket to ship get back to Holland. I hope she is doing alright.

This is such a great tournament. Minnesota sure knows how to get it on. And they are so nice! And thanks to the State for letting us use Isle Royale!

That one ref still looks familiar. I've got to talk to him.

I wonder if there is something in these Bloody Marys besides vodka. A little microdose perhaps? I feel so good. Hey, there is Frank! C'mon over here Frank, let's chat!

Signing Off from Camp Bottom Feeders Bracket, Windigo, Isle Royale, Minnesota - the very best to all of you, stay safe, stay healthy, have a great day, fondly, love, peace - huskyfan
                Last edited by huskyfan; 03-22-2020, 11:25 AM.
                Boosh Factor 4

Comment

nice to know that huskyfan lives her own fairy tale world. The tale told by JJM and I is that Frank didn't go to Minnesota, Frank was lecturing moose on how he's the greatest. The commish really wants huskyfan to check in with her next time to figure out what the official story is.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    nice to know that huskyfan lives her own fairy tale world. The tale told by JJM and I is that Frank didn't go to Minnesota, Frank was lecturing moose on how he's the greatest. The commish really wants huskyfan to check in with her next time to figure out what the official story is.
                    I was usurped, I tell you, usurped! I am actually going somewhere with this ...
                    Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Yesterday was a beautiful day on Isle Royale. Spring weather! Am hoping the ice doesn't melt.

The UofMinn fans are running the tournament now. They declared yesterday as a day of practice. So the teams skated and most of the rest us drank.

So many Minnesota fans here! And lots and lots of UMD fans. Of course they are closest to Isle Royale. There is even a fan here that looks like Scott Sandelin. Wait, it was Scott Sandelin!! How cool he would come over for the Bottom Feeders tournament!

The Merrimack players apparently are big UMD fans. Several wore UMD shirts during practice. And they gathered around Sandelin. For autographs, I suppose.

Frank and I hung out and drank together. What an interesting guy! I'm so glad he planned this tournament.

We may play the games tonight. Yes! We have lights. Or maybe not.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Comment

I left Mobile and Portera behind three nights ago. The results from the South Regional Final finally made it up to Michigan after being yelled across multiple backyards to the guy who had a party line shared with the post office. The desk clerk was listening in and sent me a post card at the cost of $0.35.

Long story short, lots of wacky tabbacky was smoked by both CC and Onion. They ended up sitting in a circle at center ice, passing the bongs, and singing Pete Seeger songs together. No one made an attempt to actually play the game as it was deemed too confrontational, violent, and antagonistic. They burned an effigy of Portera labeled "The Man" and demanded free tuition despite the fact they are both expensive private schools. Finally, at 2am the local cops came in and broke up the party for noise and drug violations. While making arrests on the slippery ice surface, one of the cops kicked the puck into the open CC net, and Union was credited with a 1-0 win in 4OT.

CC advances to the Futile Four.

Comment

Amber - check out the business thread in the cafe. I may have found a future futile regional or final site.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Another beautiful day on Isle Royal, although bad weather is moving in. Time is not a factor in games, right. They've been postponed until Friday.

Northern lights viewing party last night. Snowshoe golf on for today. A couple of moose have been shot for the stew pot and squirrels for Brunswick Stew. I thought hunting was illegal in National Parks, but was told "not in Minnesota".

Fans are sitting enthralled at Frank's feet listening to stories of his career.

Have to run! Heading to the medical tent for my microdose.

Peace out.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Comment

What kind of acid is huskyfan on, and why isn't she sharing?

Comment

Futile Four is set:

SLUT vs. Colorado College

UAH vs. Vermont

Comment

Working...
                                X