Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

UAH, to a man, has COVID-19. They're wearing each other's gear. Their plan is to face wash the opponent and wait 14 days for the symptoms to arise.

This may not turn out as planned. Stay tuned ... I'm wearing too much garlic to write more.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
      Just a few suggestions. Of course, my opinion doesn’t matter...
      If you can be paid in coffee, I should bring you in to move teams around for maximum travel pain.

JJM, I'm not confident the boring Miami or CC will advance this weekend in Nacho play.

Let's get everyone to where they need to be and try to get regional results in by Monday or Tuesday, or you know, whenever you're not on the toilet checking social media.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        Shutdowns play into our zero attendance policy. That's a positive. And if we did move it, I can't imagine the Commish would sanction a move to anywhere with quality medical facilities available.
        Nope. If someone gets sick, they see Rusty. He's not a doctor, but he walks around with a tin can asking to listen to your heart.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          If you can be paid in coffee, I should bring you in to move teams around for maximum travel pain.

JJM, I'm not confident the boring Miami or CC will advance this weekend in Nacho play.

Let's get everyone to where they need to be and try to get regional results in by Monday or Tuesday, or you know, whenever you're not on the toilet checking social media.
          You want maximum travel pain? Now, here would be some really maximum travel pain:
          Have the teams who lose their regional semifinals (the teams who advance) have to travel to a different locale for the regional final. For example, the Northeast teams move to the Midwest site and vise-versa and ditto for the West and South teams. Of course, all that extra travel time will make the tournament longer, but who really cares?

Oh, and coffee would be acceptable...

Comment

• We have a special guest ref for Baltimore:

It's the NMU fan who posts nothing but links and gets upset when we try to have a discussion. I'll be in Baltimore to write those results.

Comment

We aren't cancelling the tournament are we? {wait. shakes head. needs coffee.} Of course not. The corona virus plays into this tournament's strengths.

The Commish isn't coming to Isle Royale?
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                We aren't cancelling the tournament are we? {wait. shakes head. needs coffee.} Of course not. The corona virus plays into this tournament's strengths.

The Commish isn't coming to Isle Royale?
                I am. I'm writing that regional.

Comment

• Let's try to get the regionals up by Tuesday.

Also, I would love it if we used RPI Fan's seeding instead of mine. He inflicted maximum travel pain.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    Let's try to get the regionals up by Tuesday.
                    In that case, I need to start flying tonight. Currently on the phone with American, threatening to make United my second choice if they don't change my flights without a fee due to coronavirus. On my third "Hang Up, Call Back" attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      In that case, I need to start flying tonight. Currently on the phone with American, threatening to make United my second choice if they don't change my flights without a fee due to coronavirus. On my third "Hang Up, Call Back" attempt.
                      While you get that figured out, huskyfan, Frank, and I are waiting to get on with Jet Ski Guy in Two Harbors. She's been whining about Frank ever since we got here. Even as I sit here with my Death Wish Coffee, Frank has been telling me Folgers is the greatest because he drinks it.

I wonder how JJM is faring on the way to Oklahoma. GFM may have contracted COVID-19 on the bus. I don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        While you get that figured out, huskyfan, Frank, and I are waiting to get on with Jet Ski Guy in Two Harbors. She's been whining about Frank ever since we got here. Even as I sit here with my Death Wish Coffee, Frank has been telling me Folgers is the greatest because he drinks it.

I wonder how JJM is faring on the way to Oklahoma. GFM may have contracted COVID-19 on the bus. I don't know.
                        Got it sorted out and made it to ORD, but the flight to DFW went mechanical. No budget for me to get a real meal, had to settle for a crappy airport Chicago-style hot dog. Pretty sure I will be regretting that in a couple of hours.

Comment

The El Camino has no muffler, so I'm announcing my presence in every town. It also only maxes out at 49mph before the spoiled food starts falling out, so I'm making my way down historic Route 66.

Might be on the outskirts of Oklahoma City by dark. They can't start without me, I have the only pucks in this state.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Got it sorted out and made it to ORD, but the flight to DFW went mechanical. No budget for me to get a real meal, had to settle for a crappy airport Chicago-style hot dog. Pretty sure I will be regretting that in a couple of hours.
                            Just took my first ever emergency sh*t on an airplane. But I will get to DFW and sleep on the floor there tonight. The regional semis start tomorrow at 10pm, so assuming the flights to CLT and MOB go off, I will be fine.

Comment

In real life, I'm on self-quarantine because a colleague (not sure who, doesn't matter) has tested positive.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Just try to keep Frank out of the beer. He can drink his Folgers.
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X