Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:56 Biden Memes to Own the Cons!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Isn't influenza weird in that it goes after the young and healthy harder (I guess because they move around more and are exposed)?

I thought I read something about the 1919 (?) epidemic where it was that much worse because it killed off the people who were supporting the old and left the latter destitute. IINM it was the first widespread offering of state assistance to the elderly.
    Good point, I'd lose my bet I suppose. I forgot about influenza's goofiness.

Your post jogged my memory, though. The Spanish Flu hit the young harder because they had never been exposed to any strain related to it before. Older generations had, so their immune systems were able to fend it off with more success.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45:56 Biden Memes to Own the Cons!

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      Good point, I'd lose my bet I suppose. I forgot about influenza's goofiness.

Your post jogged my memory, though. The Spanish Flu hit the young harder because they had never been exposed to any strain related to it before. Older generations had, so their immune systems were able to fend it off with more success.
      I'd say 9 times out of 10 diseases do head right for the poor as the at risk population. Poorer diet, worse clothing and shelter, harder working conditions, harder life in general -- all a welcome mat to contagions. Not to mention access to sh-t or no medical care.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          No talk about the raid on chicken processing plants?
          Sure, the people without paperwork will be shown the border. And likely, they will be treated worse that murderers.

But the companies that provide illegal immigrants work? You know, the reason people come here in the first place- to get work? Are they going to face any actual sanctions? Probably a tiny fine. Between them and how we have favored China over Central America- we've done horrible job of actually preventing people wanting to come to the US.

Sad that the people who gain from cheap and illegal labor will be ok, and it's all on the people who take the jobs that people give them.
          Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Remember, the GOP only cares about "life" when it's a 6 week old fetus. I get food poisoning? That's probably a 2 for 1 direct hit for the GOP.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Thank goodness AI isn't political or anything. 170,000 people get killed in accidents annually in this country and 55,000 (150/day) die from the extremely contagious disease influenza here in the US, but a couple dozen people get shot last week and it's time to erect the 'ol travel ban.
            It's not a ban ******* it's a warning...and people should be warned about white supremacy here.
            Oh wait...according to Tucker Carlson...it's all a hoax anyway.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              It's not a ban ******* it's a warning...and people should be warned about white supremacy here.
              According to the worst rated FOX anchor in the history of FOX News (according to our President) Tucker Carlson is full of sh**.

Which, would explain why Trump ranted against him yesterday. Apparently words hurt, and Shep hit a home run a little too close to Trump's heart.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

What this tells me is SD, WY, OK, AK, KY, and WV are completely beyond hope.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by raceboarder View Post
                  i thought they only issued those warnings for sh*thole countries...

Ohhhhhh
                  maga
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    Yay, now we've moved on to 8th grade insults.
                    You really are approaching Sic levels.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      AR not AK (that's where Jim is from).

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                        https://www.theonion.com/tucker-carl...eri-1837045454

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          AR not AK (that's where Jim is from).
                          He’s right Kep.

(It annoys me that people make that mistake... )
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            He’s right Kep.

(It annoys me that people make that mistake... )
                            AR does make sense, yeah. My bad.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              Remember, the GOP only cares about "life" when it's a 6 week old fetus. I get food poisoning? That's probably a 2 for 1 direct hit for the GOP.
                              I worked in USDA for 30+ years. Relocation has been talked about for years. I'm shocked somebody finally pulled the trigger and looks like they may get away with it.

I wonder how many had a spouse/significant other who was not part of NIFA or ERS?

KC has one of the largest USDA computer centers. It holds the software for the USDA Accounting System and acts as the recovery site if the National Finance Center (New Orleans) goes down.

It's not a hick backwater place. It's just far from the seat of power.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                Neither was your post...
                                One got the coverage it deserved...... the other??
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X