Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:56 Biden Memes to Own the Cons!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    I'd say, admit that there are some sh*heads on both sides. Only one side doesn't want to admit it, because the other side is worse (and they are worse). That has been my only stance here, and yet even with documentation, people have ranged from "well, it's not as numerous as the Right!" (which it's not) to completely excusing them for their actions because it's against the Right (which is wrong).

While I completely disagree with the supremacists' views, they still have rights. Some around here equate that with agreeing with or supporting them. That is false. Once they get that through their thick skulls, we can move on in discussion.
    Its not against "The Right". It's against ****ing Nazis.

Once you get around to acknowledging that, then maybe we can start getting somewhere.

Or are these just the not so bad Nazis, since they haven't thrown anyone in ovens yet?

And which is the side you think is worse, anyway? Don't think you've bothered to mention that little detail.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I'd say, admit that there are some sh*heads on both sides. Only one side doesn't want to admit it, because the other side is worse (and they are worse). That has been my only stance here, and yet even with documentation, people have ranged from "well, it's not as numerous as the Right!" (which it's not) to completely excusing them for their actions because it's against the Right (which is wrong).

While I completely disagree with the supremacists' views, they still have rights. Some around here equate that with agreeing with or supporting them. That is false. Once they get that through their thick skulls, we can move on in discussion.
      Do those rights include attacking people with hammers?
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I'd say, admit that there are some sh*heads on both sides. Only one side doesn't want to admit it, because the other side is worse (and they are worse). That has been my only stance here,
        Aww dammit, I thought I made some progress with you.

I'm pretty sure we're all in agreement that there are a**holes on every side (left, right, and center). A few sensible ones (I'd like to think I'm one) just ask that you dont use Fox News' big scary "Antifa" label. Because we're all Anti-fascist. Well, jury is still out on Sicatoka since he's standing at the end of his driveway waiting for a black suburban with Governement plates to hand deliver a manilla envelope.

Like I posted last night:
        Are there a**holes easily goaded into reacting on ALL sides? Yes.
        Are there card carrying fascists? Also Yes.
        Are there card carrying Antifa? No.

I'd also like to caution you that there are lots of proud boys who cry wolf where they instigate sh** then spin the reaction to them as hysterics from the left.

In running the risk to be named a centrist, it's not like there isn't a spin the left does either.

In an effort to explain this better: Fascists are the girl whining on the right, the tall boy in the red shirt are those actively retaliating to the right's physical harm, the four kids on the left are all anti-fascist.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

And that's my whole point from the beginning. There are some on here who believe that all antifa are angels who would never resort to violence. That's horse hockey.

And this video gets more interesting as it plays out. I will concede that. There's a crapton of angles/etc out there right now.
          No one thinks they are angels stop it. We just think people like you have been duped into thinking they are any sort of a problem or terrorists. It ranks up there with people who believe the New Black Panthers are a problem.

Antifa aren't the problem.

Andy Ngo is scum though as are the Righties who support his lies.
          Last edited by Handyman; 08-19-2019, 01:03 AM.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45:56 Biden Memes to Own the Cons!

Did I read that in the latest Faux Poll Trump's disapproval rating hit 56%? Yowzers that is awful. When even the State Media biased polls are showing you ranking that is not a good thing.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Andy Ngo is scum though as are the Righties who support his lies.
              :thumbs up:

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Did I read that in the latest Faux Poll Trump's disapproval rating hit 56%? Yowzers that is awful. When even the State Media biased polls are showing you ranking that is not a good thing.
                Purchase of Greenland will get his approval back up

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Purchase of Greenland will get his approval back up
                  Especially if Mexico pays for it.
                  Last edited by burd; 08-19-2019, 07:28 AM.

Comment

So of course he’s now going after the mooch this morning

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      Furthermore, if you really think I sympathize or support the supremacists' point of view, take your own advice and don't bother with me, because:
                      A: You obviously don't know me
                      B: I'd rather not read your tripe and hypocrisy about rights
                      The thing is, I believe you when you say you don't support the point of view of the white supremacists. I believe you when you say you are not a bigot. But when you always lead that there are bad people on both sides it softens the blows you eventually administer to the bad people on the Nazi side.

Admittedly yours is a better take than trump's fine people on both sides comment, and where he's wrong -- there are no fine people who are white supremacists -- yes, you are correct. There are idiots on both sides. But your message then gets lost, and those out there that DO support the bigots take comments from people like you and run with them.

The fact is, CNN NEVER needs to put half the people they put on the air out there. They peddle lies and when they put trump's talking heads on they peddle racism and division. You don't need to point out all the time that "there are bad people on both sides." Unlike the right and 99% of the republicans, we ADMIT our faults and shortcomings, and condemn someone if they initiate the violence, even from our side. The right makes excuses. Don't carry their water, and I truly hope someday you understand your "whataboutism" and "bothsiderism" is doing just that. When and if the sides become relatively equal in peddling hate or violence, I will be right there with you. Until then, don't fall for one of the haters main points in their playbook.

Comment

There really is a graphic novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          So of course he’s now going after the mooch this morning
                          I feel like Mooch is just pointing out the obvious. Which, kinda needs repeated emphasis. This all seems like stuff even *I* knew about Trump, and I only knew him from The Apprentice, his Wikipedia, and random news blurbs.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            Aww dammit, I thought I made some progress with you.

I'm pretty sure we're all in agreement that there are a**holes on every side (left, right, and center). A few sensible ones (I'd like to think I'm one) just ask that you dont use Fox News' big scary "Antifa" label. Because we're all Anti-fascist. Well, jury is still out on Sicatoka since he's standing at the end of his driveway waiting for a black suburban with Governement plates to hand deliver a manilla envelope.

Like I posted last night:
                            Are there a**holes easily goaded into reacting on ALL sides? Yes.
                            Are there card carrying fascists? Also Yes.
                            Are there card carrying Antifa? No.

I'd also like to caution you that there are lots of proud boys who cry wolf where they instigate sh** then spin the reaction to them as hysterics from the left.

In running the risk to be named a centrist, it's not like there isn't a spin the left does either.

There's anti-fascists, and then there is the small sliver of people ANTI-FA! In greater numbers, there are racists, and then there is the subset The White Nationalists/Supremacists.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              There's anti-fascists, and then there is the small sliver of people ANTI-FA!
                              It's those couple of people/cowards who go out in full burqas swinging crowbars at bystanders who successfully get on the news as being Antifa. Everything I knew about them a couple of weeks ago came from those few images and an interview with Andy Ngo. I was misled.

Antifa (actual) are the good guys. The protest is a worthy cause. The mask-and-crowbar idiots are just bullies and anarchists taking advantage of the chaos to hit people.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                                It's those couple of people/cowards who go out in full burqas swinging crowbars at bystanders who successfully get on the news as being Antifa. Everything I knew about them a couple of weeks ago came from those few images and an interview with Andy Ngo. I was misled.

Antifa (actual) are the good guys. The protest is a worthy cause. The mask-and-crowbar idiots are just bullies and anarchists taking advantage of the chaos to hit people.
                                Correct. The (bad) AntiFa is the label that was stuck on them, and some are now confused with (good) antifa and (bad) Anti-Fa.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X