X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    *heavy sigh*

Just handing points to teams we'll be fighting with for home ice. Excellent strategy.
    Very true.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
      *heavy sigh*

Just handing points to teams we'll be fighting with for home ice. Excellent strategy.
      Bad play under pressure by Kjellberg for the tying goal (or it just rolled off his stick at the wrong time) but we should have scored a couple more. Too many penalties again, which is a concern. Considering we haven't won at Princeton since 14-15, it's not the worst result in the world, but a road win tomorrow will be needed to make it a good weekend. Highlights here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHVsv2s6yV4

Comment

Until last night, I didn't realize the advantage the Quinnipiac and Princeton have in Saturday Night ECAC games.
        As travelling partners, the visiting team has to play a Friday Night game that ends somewhere around 9:30PM.
        By the time they get on the bus to travel, it has to be at least 10:30PM. Getting them into the Saturday opponents area in the middle of the night because of the distance between the two schools.
        And that doesn't account for any stops.
        That would seem to be a big disadvantage for all ECAC visitors to to those venues. JMO
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          Until last night, I didn't realize the advantage the Quinnipiac and Princeton have in Saturday Night ECAC games.
          As travelling partners, the visiting team has to play a Friday Night game that ends somewhere around 9:30PM.
          By the time they get on the bus to travel, it has to be at least 10:30PM. Getting them into the Saturday opponents area in the middle of the night because of the distance between the two schools.
          That would seem to be a big disadvantage for all ECAC visitors to to those venues. JMO
          It most certainly is. Just don't say it too loudly because all of the western posters here think that all eastern travel is short.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good observation, I never internalized it until I checked the difference between DC and HU. It]n fact, it's closer to the distance between RPI and UVM. I've learned my "one new thing" for today. Thanks EHF
            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
              Good observation, I never internalized it until I checked the difference between DC and HU. It]n fact, it's closer to the distance between RPI and UVM. I've learned my "one new thing" for today. Thanks EHF
              You're welcome. Now, look at next weekend. We play at home against Harvard Friday and travel to Buffalo on Saturday.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              Gary Player

Comment

You're welcome. Now, look at next weekend. We play at home against Harvard Friday and travel to Buffalo on Saturday.
                It's at least twice as far, but unless there is snow which causes problems on the Thruway, it won't be the problem of going through or around NYC.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Unfortunately, the disadvantage didn't seem to affect Union as much as it did RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                    Unfortunately, the disadvantage didn't seem to affect Union as much as it did RPI.
                    I didn't post it to make an excuse for RPI. It affects all teams in the ECAC going into those travel partners arenas.
                    And you have to believe that you have a better chance going from Q to Princeton.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    Gary Player

Comment

True enough. Your point is valid.

I see that, based on past history, the ECAC flips the schedule every year, so that if RPI plays at Princeton on Friday and at Quinnipiac on Saturday one year, the next year they will be at Quinnipiac on Friday and at Princeton on Saturday.

So next year's our turn to have the better chance.

Comment

I didn't post it to make an excuse for RPI. It affects all teams in the ECAC going into those travel partners arenas.
                        And you have to believe that you have a better chance going from Q to Princeton.
                        I have always felt that there is a big advantage on this trip. however i also felt it was worse driving down to Princeton than the other way around. Coming into Baker is just not easy as the rink is like coming into a popsicle and getting brain freeze. It just takes time to get your legs working in that cold. Also, in the past, Princeton made sure as you worked your way out of the locker room to the rink, there was always some rubber matting missing so that you had to walk on concrete with your skate blades. not sure if that is still the case as i missed looking for it this year. Years ago the travel pairing was Yale/Princeton which may only be slightly better time wise. But cudos to you for pointing out this kind of thing. Often it can be just this type of little thing that makes a difference.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I see that, based on past history, the ECAC flips the schedule every year, so that if RPI plays at Princeton on Friday and at Quinnipiac on Saturday one year, the next year they will be at Quinnipiac on Friday and at Princeton on Saturday.

Yes, but sometimes Princeton fools you by scheduling the Saturday game at 4PM (ostensibly to avoid conflict with a home basketball game) which can really shorted your rest time between games. Personally I love the 4PM start since there is this fabulous restaurant for us to hit on the way home and getting there around 7PM is perfect!!

Comment

Early line for next weekend is not very encouraging as we are a 4-2 underdog on Friday (largest point spread so far this year against us) with only a 12% chance of a victory. We are a one goal favorite on the road for Saturday with a 62% chance of victory and that is the highest percentage favorite we have been so far.

Comment

So when does Union get its turn to modify its schedule so Harvard doesn't have to play two games the weekend before the Beanpot?
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                So when does Union get its turn to modify its schedule so Harvard doesn't have to play two games the weekend before the Beanpot?
                                Probably when Union stops having trimesters. In other words, not likely.

Comment

Working...
                                X