X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    In honor of Zach Dubinsky and Delaney Weiss, today is 21 September 2019. There are 14 days (2 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
    Starting tomorrow, we're all under 21.
    Scary thought?

Comment

Good to see that Bryan Richardson still has his priorities in order.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In honor of Tommy Lee, today is 22 September 2019. There are 13 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I home that RPI-TV gets the audio at the HFH fixed before the men's team starts.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In honor of Chase Zieky and Aimee Raithby, today is 23 September 2019. There are 12 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I was at the football game Sat. night & just wanted to note the enthusiasm of the Students. I go to 2 maybe 3 games a year & I’ve never heard the crowd as loud as it was Saturday. Night game, coming off a great season or maybe the influx of new students, I don’t know. Would certainly be a welcome sight at HFH if they bring it there as well.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                I was at the football game Sat. night & just wanted to note the enthusiasm of the Students. I go to 2 maybe 3 games a year & I’ve never heard the crowd as loud as it was Saturday. Night game, coming off a great season or maybe the influx of new students, I don’t know. Would certainly be a welcome sight at HFH if they bring it there as well.
                Great to hear Turk. Winning breeds optimism.... agree with you in the hopes that the word "win" becomes frequently used at HFH.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  Agree with you as usual. Also remember that the football team for the past several years has not only been winning, but they have been playing an exciting brand of football to watch. Sort of a run and gun offense. Would like to see that style employed by our boys on the ice. And before anyone mentions that we do not have the talent for that kind of game, I suspect we do and even if not, would rather lose 6-5 than 3-0 since I truly think the boys would be enjoying themselves more playing wide open.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Check out the new Red Army website http://redarmy.union.rpi.edu/
                    Red Army is the official student fan section for those of you who do not know, and as president, I am trying to publicize the club and the team more to increase student support and attendance. I hope the new website and blog will help do that. Check out our first post which is a recruiting preview for the season, and expect posts next week previewing the entire season and breaking down the team's out of conference schedule

Edit: change https to http
                    Last edited by sezenack; 09-23-2019, 06:47 PM.

Comment

In honor of Ottoville Leppänen and MJ Alexander, today is 24 September 2019. There are 11 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                        Red Army is the official student fan section for those of you who do not know, and as president, I am trying to publicize the club and the team more to increase student support and attendance. I hope the new website and blog will help do that. Check out our first post which is a recruiting preview for the season, and expect posts next week previewing the entire season and breaking down the team's out of conference schedule

The comment about Brackett's speed which I heard was from an assistant coach. Not the one who played for Union.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          The comment about Brackett's speed which I heard was from an assistant coach. Not the one who played for Union.
                          We have had some rather speedy players over the years I have followed the team. I always felt Kelly Askew had the most speed but Drew Melanson was also very quick among those who played more recently. Would add Kraig Nienhuis near the top also going bcak a bit. George Servinis was very quick (and in one memorable game, perhaps a step too quick for some). There are a bunch of others i could list going back as far as 1963 but would like to see some others post some names.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post

Outstanding effort Sezenack ! Site looks great -- thanks for getting it up and running !
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              We have had some rather speedy players over the years I have followed the team. I always felt Kelly Askew had the most speed but Drew Melanson was also very quick among those who played more recently. Would add Kraig Nienhuis near the top also going bcak a bit. George Servinis was very quick (and in one memorable game, perhaps a step too quick for some). There are a bunch of others i could list going back as far as 1963 but would like to see some others post some names.
                              How could you forget the Smurfs in context of Kraig and George?
                              Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

For those who are curious, our average height is 6'0 on the dot this season. This is slightly down from 6' 0.1" last season (according to CHN).
                                Our average weight is 187.93 LBs, which is down from 189.1 LBs last season (according to CHN).

However, I do not think this really matters much as there does not appear to be any correlation between size and having a successful team.

Tournament teams that were among the tallest last season were Cornell (2nd), ASU (t-3rd), Quinnipiac (t-5th), AIC (t-16th), Harvard (t-16th), Minnesota-Duluth (t-16th).
                                Tournament teams that were among the shortest last season were Northeastern (t-52nd), UMass (50th), Notre Dame (t-43rd), Minnesota State (t-43rd), Denver (t-43rd).
                                RPI was ranked t-27th in height.

Tournament teams that were among the heaviest last season were Minnesota-Duluth (4th), Arizona State (6th), Clarkson (8th), St. Cloud (9th), Cornell (t-17th), AIC (20th).
                                Tournament teams that were among the lightest last season were Denver (58th), Minnesota State (51st), Northeastern (50th).
                                RPI was ranked 16th in weight.

You can do the same exercise with bad teams being on both ends of the spectrum with height and weight.

Comment

Working...
                                X