This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

In honor of Ryan Mahshie and Sarah Bukvic, today is 10 September 2019. There are 25 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
      There is a time and place for dealing with things like this and on Twitter is not the place in my opinion. But sadly it seems that is how things are done more often then not today.
      Agreed. I was going to post more, but the truth is I do not know what has transpired between Smith and Graham.

I keep getting the feeling that RPI wants to eliminate the D-I hockey programs. Yesterday, I got my annual letter asking for a donation to the Rensselaer fund. What is unusual about this is that I normally get the letter for Let's Go Red earlier. Last year, I got it at the end of August. It has not arrived yet.
      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-10-2019, 12:56 AM.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
        Wow. I don't know Smith or McElroy and they may be the scum that Graham's message was clearly intended to portray, but I also don't know that his perspective is correct. He claimed he's been ignored for months and years. The latter would be a pretty neat trick since he was only injured 18 months ago and as recently as a year ago he was visiting with the staff in the office before moving out of the country. The sad thing about this matter, regardless of who is correct (and it likely that neither side is completely right), is that it is being played out in an public forum. There is no winner.
        Well said. There are always two sides to every story, and I don't think that either side has been truly honest with this situation.
        I would like to see Nolan be more specific in his charges against "RPI". I would also like to see the AD come out of his office and explain this situation.
        Honestly, I don't believe it was the coach, just going by Susan Smith"s message.
        It is a sad situation all around.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          Well said. There are always two sides to every story, and I don't think that either side has been truly honest with this situation.
          I would like to see Nolan be more specific in his charges against "RPI". I would also like to see the AD come out of his office and explain this situation.
          Honestly, I don't believe it was the coach, just going by Susan Smith"s message.
          It is a sad situation all around.
          I would like to see 100% of the situation dealt with privately. Twitter is the last place this should be hashed out, and frankly, the situation and resolution is none of our business.
          Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Well said. None of this belongs in the public space.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              Well said. None of this belongs in the public space.
              Too late
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

The roster for 2019/20 is posted

Comment

Originally posted by woodenskates View Post
                  The roster for 2019/20 is posted
                  You're about 2 weeks late
                  Now we're pretty much just waiting on captains. Hockey season can't get here soon enough!

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                    You're about 2 weeks late
                    Now we're pretty much just waiting on captains. Hockey season can't get here soon enough!
                    Just changing the channel.

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post

I don't even know what to say about this
                      I finally got around to checking how long Nolan was an assistant coach. Unless I am missing something, NG was a student for 4 years and an employee for 8 for a total of 12. https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...6/nolan-graham Conceivably he was still an employee last year although not coaching. One could then get 15 since he was a student for at least part of 5 calendar years and an assistant coach for at least part of 10, but that is stretching it.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by woodenskates View Post
                        Just changing the channel.
                        I support this.

Comment

In honor of Will Reilly, Emma Hicks, and those who were murdered on 9/11/01, today is 11 September 2019. There are 24 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-11-2019, 12:18 AM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            I keep getting the feeling that RPI wants to eliminate the D-I hockey programs.

Could you explain / expand on this? Obviously you feel this way for reasons much more substantial than the timing of an RPI mailer...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              I keep getting the feeling that RPI wants to eliminate the D-I hockey programs. Yesterday, I got my annual letter asking for a donation to the Rensselaer fund. What is unusual about this is that I normally get the letter for Let's Go Red earlier. Last year, I got it at the end of August. It has not arrived yet.
                              Did Roger Hull migrate a few miles east?
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
                                Could you explain / expand on this? Obviously you feel this way for reasons much more substantial than the timing of an RPI mailer...
                                It's all of the things which we have been in discussing the last few years about Shirley and the athletics admin. "Getting" was in jest since I have been feeling this way for quite a while.
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-11-2019, 11:44 PM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X