X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Ralph were there any players detained ?.... Ha kidding ! But seriously, don't we have something like 10 foreign born players ...who of course are ineligible for working for the FBI ?
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

https://rpiathletics.com/roster.aspx?path=hockey
      Roster is posted

Edit: I got exactly 0 of my predictions correct
      Interestingly enough, Klee and Kjellberg were switched from my predictions as were Dubinsky and Mahshie.
      Last edited by sezenack; 08-29-2019, 11:10 AM.

Comment

In honor of Alec Calvaruso, Tuesday was 28 August 2019. There were 38 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          In honor of Jakub Lacka, today is 27 August 2019. There are 39 days until RPI's next game and still no rosters.

Add Maddy Peterson.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
            Well at least someone on the team has made it to the pros. I have to wonder what impact his loss and the time it will take a replacement to get up to speed will have on the team. Clearly he performed his job well enough not only to be noticed but to get hired by a team that is playing at a high level. For a team that needs all the oars in the water to pull together to get the ship moving, this won't help.
            IIRC, it's with the Charlotte Checkers of the AHL.
            Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

FWIW, Cory Babichuk's bio mentions that he billeted with former RPI player Todd Hilditch (RPI '92).
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-30-2019, 12:54 AM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 30 August 2019. There are 36 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                  Roster is posted

Interestingly enough, Klee and Kjellberg were switched from my predictions as were Dubinsky and Mahshie.
                  While we are tracking changes, it appears that Tera Patenaude is no longer the athletic trainer for MIH. Austin Jones is listed on the roster.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                    Roster is posted

After a quick look at the men's roster pictures and descriptions - we are definitely going to be a much bigger team. Can't tell if we are going to win more or lose more but i doubt we will get pushed around much. Some rather determined looking young men on this squad!
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Today is 31 August 2019. There are 35 days (5 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 1 September 2019. There are 34 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 2 September 2019. There are 33 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Happy Labor Day!
                            One day closer to puck drop!

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                              The team RPI will play 48 days hence is Brock University, whose main campus is located in St. Catharines, ON.

Although augenblick.org does not acknowledge that such a game was played, I recollect attending a game between Brock and RPI at the Field House, probably sometime in the 1970’s. As I recall, RPI won handily. Perhaps the game was considered a preseason exhibition rather than an official game.

History lesson (don't worry, you'll find something interesting about this ) - Brock University, which opened in 1964, was named after Maj. Gen. Sir Isaac Brock of the British Army. Despite being given little to work with, Brock successfully organized a defense of Upper Canada against American incursions during the first year of the War of 1812. Brock is credited with capturing Fort Detroit and with a decisive victory at the Battle of Queenston Heights, though Brock himself was killed during the battle. Brock’s efforts during the War of 1812 earned him renown as the “Hero of Upper Canada.”

The commander of the American forces at the Battle of Queenston Heights was a relatively inexperienced militia general. He labored under several handicaps, notably the fact that some of the regular army officers under his command, resenting the fact that a militia officer had been elevated to be their superior, simply refused to cooperate with him. Even worse, when the initial attack faltered and the commander tried to send reinforcements, many of the militia troops under his command refused to obey his order to cross the Niagara River to join in the fray and help the Americans on the other side. Their objection was based on the ground that the Constitution only required them to defend the territory within the boundaries of the United States, not to cross the boundary and take action on the other side.

The American commander, unlike Brock, survived the Battle of Queenston Heights, but when all was said and done, he had to face the fact that he had lost the battle and lost it badly. After the debacle, he wisely concluded that continuing to pursue a military career wouldn’t be a good idea for him. He resigned his commission and went back to civilian life. Twelve years later, he founded an institution of higher learning.

Who was this American commander? None other than our very own Stephen Van Rensselaer.

Early suggestion for the title of this season’s first game thread – “After 207 years, Brock faces Rensselaer again.”
                              It should probably be mentioned that the RPI women play the Brock women on 9/22 and have played them before.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

"After 207 years, Brock's men face Rensselaer's men again."

I'm not sure that has quite the same ring to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X