This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    After receiving about 10 tweets from various sources, I figured that this was worth posting. RPI grad and Tri-City broadcaster (including WRPI) Ed Dague passed away.

If you ever attended a Freakout! simulcast, Ed was always there in his red sweater volunteering his time to host it.
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
      Just guessing, but Canisius probably has enough trouble attracting fans to their games without going head-to-head against a Bills home game.
      Good point. RPI gave a lot to schedule the game the way they did especially when Canisius not having a game on Friday. I will go to the Lowell and maybe the Merrimack games.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
        If you ever attended a Freakout! simulcast, Ed was always there in his red sweater volunteering his time to host it.
        Here's Ed hosting the 1994 edition vs. UVM. We didn't know at the time that a couple of Stanley Cup winners were on the ice that night for UVM, but RPI had Neil Little in goal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUDv53rCW6E

Comment

Very early line on the weekend's upcoming games is that we are a 3-2 underdog Friday and a predicted 3-3 tie for Saturday. But we are only a 21% predicted winner fro Friday and 43% for Saturday so far. i suspect some significant weight is put on the advantage of being a home team (and richly deserved if only for the ability to make the last change for match ups of lines) but I am not so sure that the weighting is always justified. No question some teams who draw well at home or for other reasons deserve a bit extra in the odds but when a team plays in a virtually vacant barn I wonder?? In any case i hope to be around to start the scores thread as i am finally on a winning streak (although it took until late in the third period for me to get there).
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Very early line on the weekend's upcoming games is that we are a 3-2 underdog Friday and a predicted 3-3 tie for Saturday. But we are only a 21% predicted winner fro Friday and 43% for Saturday so far. i suspect some significant weight is put on the advantage of being a home team (and richly deserved if only for the ability to make the last change for match ups of lines) but I am not so sure that the weighting is always justified. No question some teams who draw well at home or for other reasons deserve a bit extra in the odds but when a team plays in a virtually vacant barn I wonder?? In any case i hope to be around to start the scores thread as i am finally on a winning streak (although it took until late in the third period for me to get there).
            They clearly don't do their research if we are underdogs against Merrimack. They're absolutely garbage just like Canisius

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
              They clearly don't do their research if we are underdogs against Merrimack. They're absolutely garbage just like Canisius
              We are only the slightest of underdogs in that one (actually predicting a 3-3 tie) but as I mentioned I think they are getting about 1/2 goal advantage due to home ice which I do not think they deserve. As you know the tougher game on paper is the first night and it is quite possible these odds will change by Saturday morning. This source has been very reliable and more often correct than almost any other place I have looked.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Those garbage Merrimack guys played a tie and a one-goal loss against UMass last weekend.

However, home ice has not been kind to them. The UMass tie came in Amherst, the loss at home. Overall, Merrimack is 0-4-1 in home games.

RPI on the road is 3-2-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                  Those garbage Merrimack guys played a tie and a one-goal loss against UMass last weekend.

However, home ice has not been kind to them. The UMass tie came in Amherst, the loss at home. Overall, Merrimack is 0-4-1 in home games.

RPI on the road is 3-2-1.
                  All true and they gave Northeastern all they could handle the week before. Mack has 4 one goal losses and two ties to boot. Knowing our luck, Modry will have a hat trick...
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    All true and they gave Northeastern all they could handle the week before. Mack has 4 one goal losses and two ties to boot. Knowing our luck, Modry will have a hat trick...
                    I could eliminate that possibility by taking him in he PtC.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      I could eliminate that possibility by taking him in he PtC.
                      An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I met Ed Dague while in high school. Excellent journalist, impressive man.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

....and I wasn’t even asked to drop the “Ceremonial Puck”
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              ....and I wasn’t even asked to drop the “Ceremonial Puck”
                              That tweet was the first I heard of the name, but MC and UML are referring to it that way.

BTW, PSU is playing the two MA schools in the opposite order.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

For some reason, UML has scheduled their Turkey Leg Classic game against RPI for Friday afternoon at 4:00 and their game against Penn State for Saturday at 6:00.

Merrimack will play Penn State on Friday and RPI on Saturday, with game time at 7:00 both nights.

Comment

Working...
                                X