This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    I don't want to get into any kind of a contest with you, we are on the same side.
    We scored 12 goals against UConn (game 1) and Canisius. That is not going to happen in the ECAC unless someone steps up.
    I think our defense is first rate and will allow us to win some low scoring games, but don't look for 5 or 7 goals to often in this league.
    You’ll get more then 2-3 goals in the games as long as your PP is affective. Defense always has and will remain the key to winning in the ECAC IMO. I agree that we need more team toughness. We have smaller guys that seem to do it more effectively then our bigger players. My point about Hallbauer size not withstanding is that’s not his game. He’s a puck mover. He skates well and has good hands. He’s not a hitter. Klee, Kjelberg are more that style of defensemen. So too with Ferner. On the forward side Gornall can do it but is inconsistent.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
      Well said Doc.
      I have no idea what the pay structure is at any level below the NHL, but do you know what the pay scale is in the KHL? I know that Murley spent a couple of years in that league after the NHL. I think we may have sent one or two more Engineers to that league.
      I can't believe what it takes for a skater to make it in the NHL, but it seems almost impossible for a goalie. I have seen too many very talented goalies in college never even get a sniff in the NHL.
      And I have no idea why York didn't get a better chance after he showed that he could play at that level.
      A degree from RPI would certainly help after the disappointment of not making it in hockey.
      Pirri has currently earned $5.4 mill. Sounds good but that’s over 9yrs. Staying 1 or 2 more years at the Tute & maybe he would’ve become a better defender & thus tripled what he’s earned. J’DA has earned just below $1mill. while he played in North America. I don’t know what salaries are in the DEL. I know when Bailen first signed it was for $500K/yr. guaranteed, one of the rare KHL teams that paid players on time. IIRC, Murley was making $1mill/yr. while playing in the SEL. Haggerty has earned $1.525mill so far having never played a game in the NHL.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I love Marello, but like too many of our energetic hard working kids, he can't put the puck in the net.
        We still don't have a reliable goal scorer on this team. And all that great defensive work that held Union to very few shots in the second period in spite of them spending the entire period in our defensive zone will go to waste.
        I don't think that we have given our team defense the recognition it deserves.
        Can you spell ZIEKY? He appears, in his short time with us, to be a first rate sniper from several areas on the ice. I, for one, would have loved to see him here for a full 4 years.
        Last edited by DrDemento; 10-29-2019, 08:54 AM.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          Pirri has currently earned $5.4 mill. Sounds good but that’s over 9yrs. Staying 1 or 2 more years at the Tute & maybe he would’ve become a better defender & thus tripled what he’s earned. J’DA has earned just below $1mill. while he played in North America. I don’t know what salaries are in the DEL. I know when Bailen first signed it was for $500K/yr. guaranteed, one of the rare KHL teams that paid players on time. IIRC, Murley was making $1mill/yr. while playing in the SEL. Haggerty has earned $1.525mill so far having never played a game in the NHL.
          I am sure salaries in the DEL have changed somewhat from the days I knew about. But the salary is often only part of the compensation. One needs to know if the money is taxable here in the US or not (some contracts are structured to avoid taxes both here and in Canada). Also need to know what is provided other than straight monetary benefits such as a new car or a home, etc. Some boys can do vry well there over a few years and certainly seem to risk less chance of injury than playing in the leagues here. I certainly think playing over seas can be quite a good financial life for at least a few years or until the body begins to wear down.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Can you spell ZIEKY? He appears, in his short time with us, to be a first rate sniper from several areas on the ice. I, for one, would have loved to see him here for a full 4 years.
            It's a bit scary he played fewer than 10 games while at PC.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              Murley very quietly managed to have a very profitable and long pro career. So far I think Brian Pothier is likely the high earner of the more recent generations - post Oates and Juneau. I believe his career earnings approached somewhere around $12mil.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                Murley very quietly managed to have a very profitable and long pro career. So far I think Brian Pothier is likely the high earner of the more recent generations - post Oates and Juneau. I believe his career earnings approached somewhere around $12mil.
                You could be correct about Pothier. He earned 10mill. in the NHL before spending his last 4yrs. playing for Geneve-Servette.
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  McPhee too I would think.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I agree that Zieky could be what we are looking for, but it is still a very small sample size. I surely hope he continues. I would love to see a 20 goal scorer on this team.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

I agree that Zieky could be what we are looking for, but it is still a very small sample size. I surely hope he continues. I would love to see a 20 goal scorer on this team.
                      How about 2 twenty goal scorers (last time was 2001-2002 i think) or better still, 3 twenty goal scorers (last time in 1990 when Juneau was still in Troy)? Goal scoring is uniformly down over the past many years so it is less likely than before but perhaps we can hope for multiple double digit goal scorers so that the scoring is coming from everywhere. Honestly just hoping for improvement each year and some tournament appearances in the long term as i believe that achievement will do more to perpetuate improved recruitment of the better prospects.

Comment

too early for a bye week. what are we thinking beat slu and lose to Clarkson? marshall get start Friday savory sat

Comment

How about 2 twenty goal scorers (last time was 2001-2002 i think) or better still, 3 twenty goal scorers (last time in 1990 when Juneau was still in Troy)? Goal scoring is uniformly down over the past many years so it is less likely than before but perhaps we can hope for multiple double digit goal scorers so that the scoring is coming from everywhere. Honestly just hoping for improvement each year and some tournament appearances in the long term as i believe that achievement will do more to perpetuate improved recruitment of the better prospects.
                          Baby steps Doc.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by puckit717 View Post
                            too early for a bye week. what are we thinking beat slu and lose to Clarkson? marshall get start Friday savory sat
                            I don't see any reason to play Marshall at all, especially after long rest.
                            RPI Pep Band
                            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                              I will leave the goalie situation to the coach, but I'd bet Marshall doesn't play in an ECAC game unless Savory is hurt.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                                If you have 2 goalies who can play, it is better to keep them both game ready. Marshall played well his freshman year and then lost the net to Savory. As a coach, you never know when you will need your backup. I think that you should only put all of your eggs in one basket if the other one is really terrible. Just my $0.02

Comment

Working...
                                X