This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Hard to tell by watching the video as the cameras can mostly show just the opposite side of the rink (which looked deserted with entire sections almost empty). By that view only the attendance looked truly dismal at about 500 so perhaps there were more on the camera side that did not show. In fact, it looked like the HFH used to for the first game of the old Christmas Tournament on a Friday afternoon and two teams we barely ever heard about or saw were playing.
    The student side was worse.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

postgame interviews
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLw0eAzobBg
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
        The student side was worse.
        You’re right. Where were the students? Give them a 3 day weekend and nobody shows up?
        They should be there in full throat tonight with their biggest rival in town. Let’s go RED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
          You’re right. Where were the students? Give them a 3 day weekend and nobody shows up?
          They should be there in full throat tonight with their biggest rival in town. Let’s go RED!!!
          RPI doesn't have a three-day weekend for Veteran's Day. It's going to take more than a 3-3 start to undo the last few years of bad-to-mediocre play.
          RPI Pep Band
          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Perhaps it is the vodka but I swear I just saw RPI leading a powerful Ithaca football team 31-0 at the half!! Worlds are colliding!!
            Last edited by DrDemento; 11-09-2019, 01:31 PM.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

RPI now guaranteed a 6th consecutive winning football season as they defeat Ithaca 38-12. Unfortunately the untimely loss to SLU in a game that they played the worst first half of the season and perhaps of the past several seasons has cost them any chance of an NCAA tournament appearance. of course they would have still needed a victory over undefeated Union next week but at least they could have had a shot. So this will go down as a successful season but an over all disappointment. We went undefeated at home this year but I believe win less in all our road games. Still nice to be considered a Division III football power at least in the east. (especially for those of us old timers who recall RPI football as being a bit less than stellar in the 1960's)

Comment

The team should be motivated tonight to put the country on notice against a top 10 team. Already got the 2 points that were expected, so tonight's game is just house money. Let's Go Red!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  On the way up for the game tonight. Is there a chance to meet the famous (infamous?) Ralph Baer?

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                    On the way up for the game tonight. Is there a chance to meet the famous (infamous?) Ralph Baer?
                    As long as Shirley’s bodyguards don’t kick him out
                    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                      Well, if the attendance is like last night (and I hope it won't be), all you should have to do is stand somewhere in the Field House and holler "Hey, Ralph, where are you?" and he should be able to hear you.

I do think a shout-out is in order for all the students working at RPI-TV. I understand they were going to cover the football game, both semifinals of the Liberty League soccer tournament, and tonight's hockey game. That is a lot of work, especially for those assigned to the outdoor games on a cold day and evening.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                        Of course! Sec 7 H1. I will probably move for the 3rd period.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                          As long as Shirley’s bodyguards don’t kick him out
                          Good point. Is Shirley going to be there?
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Good point. Is Shirley going to be there?
                            Attend a hockey game that is not the Freakout? Surely you jest!

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                              Well, if the attendance is like last night (and I hope it won't be), all you should have to do is stand somewhere in the Field House and holler "Hey, Ralph, where are you?" and he should be able to hear you.

I do think a shout-out is in order for all the students working at RPI-TV. I understand they were going to cover the football game, both semifinals of the Liberty League soccer tournament, and tonight's hockey game. That is a lot of work, especially for those assigned to the outdoor games on a cold day and evening.
                              I would think the second soccer game will conflict with the hockey game so they will only be able to broadcast one. Thankfully we are not playing the second game and will likely have our hands full with Clarkson both on the soccer field and at the HFH.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                Attend a hockey game that is not the Freakout? Surely you jest!
                                youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74
                                Last edited by fr. joe; 11-09-2019, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X