X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Did they include the negative effect of my presence in the odds?
    Not sure but I think the Baer effect is fairly well known at least to those of us who follow the postings. We might think of paying you to stay home.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
      Friday should be interesting. The SLU fans are quite happy with their new coach as the team was competitive in the two games played at Clarkson last weekend (Appleton's renovation is not complete) - losing both in OT. Those were rivalry games and the coach certainly knew Clarkson's strengths and weaknesses so we'll see if the momentum carries over. In the meantime Smith and company better be poring over the tape to get tips, particularly for Saturday. We've had some ugly games versus the Golden Knights in recent years.
      i was a bit surprised that SLU was getting so much respect from those who calculate the odds while Clarkson was getting less than I had expected. Apparently those two close OT games really entered into the equation. As usual, the weekend series with the North Country teams is always a bellweather event for us. The trip up there can make or break our season but our home games are truly just as important. i would feel pretty good if we come out of this weekend with 2 points no matter how we get them. More than that would be a bonus. Would love these two games to be a confidence boost that this young team could really use this early in the season and feed off for the upcoming games.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

......well, that explains who (& why) the mystery player had been in the “yellow” helmet.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              Execellent !! Are we surprised by this ? Didn't many here view Kjellberg as almost an afterthought to this year's incoming class ? I've liked a lot of what I've seen of him so far...has a very quick shot release from the point
              I Agree on the shot. Sometimes he will use a wrist/snap shot without a big wind-up, and keeps it low so it has a good chance of getting deflected.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Relieved to be 3-3. Hopeful for this weekend to get 2 points. Concerned that UConn and Union figured out how to be stronger in second games at RPI. W #4 came in game #10 in 2018. W #4 came in game #23 (with 4 ties) in 2017. W #4 came in game #24 (with 1 tie) in 2016. Looking for W #4 in 2019.

Comment

Here's Red Army's weekend preview http://redarmy.union.rpi.edu/?p=157 (change https to http). If we can find a way to get 3+ points this weekend, that'd be great. Definitely need at least 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      It’s probably not an accident that the “Lemoneer” looks like a Clarkson helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                        It’s probably not an accident that the “Lemoneer” looks like a Clarkson helmet.
                        It least it doesn't look like a Michigan helmet.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• 1831 attendance last night????? On the ice the program actually looks like it's somewhat in an positive direction. Off the ice, all time low.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                            1831 attendance last night????? On the ice the program actually looks like it's somewhat in an positive direction. Off the ice, all time low.
                            Was curious about that attendance number, too. With Clarkson tonight, the attendance will be very different.

Comment

No one has mentioned it, but I can report that indeed there are four Nordic flags in the HFH now,
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                                1831 attendance last night????? On the ice the program actually looks like it's somewhat in an positive direction. Off the ice, all time low.
                                Hard to tell by watching the video as the cameras can mostly show just the opposite side of the rink (which looked deserted with entire sections almost empty). By that view only the attendance looked truly dismal at about 500 so perhaps there were more on the camera side that did not show. In fact, it looked like the HFH used to for the first game of the old Christmas Tournament on a Friday afternoon and two teams we barely ever heard about or saw were playing.

Comment

Working...
                                X