UMA 26 30 12 2-7
      UML 25 29 10 2-8
      ME 25 29 11 2-9
      BU 23 29 9 2-9
      NU 21 27 10 3-9
      PC 21 25 9 4-9
      UNH 20 26 9 3-9

BC has locked up the title and #1 seed.
      UConn has moved into second and clinched a playoff spot.
      UMass falls to third.
      Lowell clinches a playoff berth and moves into home ice position.
      Maine was moments away from maintaining third in the conference but falls all the way to fifth. The Black Bears still have not clinched a playoff berth.
      Boston University is still in sixth waiting for the big BC game Saturday night.
      Northeastern remains in seventh despite the upset at Vermont.
      Providence remains in eighth. The Friars would have fallen out had UNH held on for the win.
      New Hampshire remains in ninth, but can still finish as high as third.

Comment

• Re: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        I did... huh.
        KRACH ratings:
        13 Massachusetts
        31 Connecticut

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          KRACH ratings:
          13 Massachusetts
          31 Connecticut
          You taking playoff hockey into account?

Comment

You taking playoff hockey into account?
            Those are live rankings.

Comment

Those are live rankings.
              Who knows.. who knows... I bet we should cower and think Maine can’t possibly beat anyone.

Comment

Who knows.. who knows... I bet we should cower and think Maine can’t possibly beat anyone.
                Maine beat the #6 KRACH team in the country twice on their home ice. They also tied a pair against two of the bottom 10 and lost to #40.

Comment

Maine beat the #6 KRACH team in the country twice on their home ice. They also tied a pair against two of the bottom 10 and lost to #40.
                  Yes I know. And it hurts. Let’s hope the real blackbears show up tomorrow. You would think after getting a 7-0 drubbing they could show some spunk. If not, then this team has no heart.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    Team Points Maximum Wins Range
                    BC 30 36 15 1
                    UC 26 30 12 2-7
                    UMA 26 30 12 2-7
                    UML 25 29 10 2-9
                    ME 25 29 11 2-9
                    BU 23 29 9 2-9
                    NU 21 27 10 3-9
                    PC 21 25 9 4-9
                    UNH 20 26 9 3-9

BC has locked up the title and #1 seed.
                    UConn has moved into second and clinched a playoff spot.
                    UMass falls to third.
                    Lowell clinches a playoff berth and moves into home ice position.
                    Maine was moments away from maintaining third in the conference but falls all the way to fifth. The Black Bears still have not clinched a playoff berth.
                    Boston University is still in sixth waiting for the big BC game Saturday night.
                    Northeastern remains in seventh despite the upset at Vermont.
                    Providence remains in eighth. The Friars would have fallen out had UNH held on for the win.
                    New Hampshire remains in ninth, but can still finish as high as third.
                    Correction. I actually found a way to get Lowell out. A six-way tie for 4th at 25 points.

The ties would go:

4 NU
                    5 PC
                    6 ME
                    7 BU
                    8 UNH
                    9 Lowell

So it is incredibly unlikely, but Lowell is still mathematically at risk.

I think we all want to see that happen, if only to see the headline in the Lowell paper the next day...

Comment

I think we all want to see that happen, if only to see the headline in the Lowell paper the next day...
                      Sorry, but I missed why you are obsessed with the Lowell Sun's headlines; could you please post why?

Sean
                      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                        Sorry, but I missed why you are obsessed with the Lowell Sun's headlines; could you please post why?

Sean
                        A few years ago the sports editor wrote a screed when Lowell missed the NCAA tournament. He even admitted in the opening lines that he didn't know how the field was determined (even though it is 100% transparent). And this wasn't some college student disappointed the team missed out, it was the editor. It would have been great for the annual "My team got screwed" thread but was way out of line for a newspaper.

Comment

A few years ago the sports editor wrote a screed when Lowell missed the NCAA tournament. He even admitted in the opening lines that he didn't know how the field was determined (even though it is 100% transparent). And this wasn't some college student disappointed the team missed out, it was the editor. It would have been great for the annual "My team got screwed" thread but was way out of line for a newspaper.
                          So fake news is really a thing? Who knew?
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Every day is a good day to break this article back out.

https://www.lowellsun.com/2015/03/24...m-of-computer/

Comment

Aha I remember that article. Almost as bad as Schlossman’s obsession with BC staying East and losing ‘all the time they go West’ in the “new format” which excludes when BC went West in the old format and took down the #1 seed (both western teams in fact) on the way to the FF in both 1999 and 2000. Not a very bright fellow.

Given BC is looking like a strong possibility for Worcester we should expect similar whining in a few weeks out of Grand Forks.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                                Every day is a good day to break this article back out.

https://www.lowellsun.com/2015/03/24...m-of-computer/
                                Notice that the article was written back in 2015 and "updated" as recently as last summer. I wonder what the "update" was...

Comment

Working...
                                X