• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

Jaffe is absolutely tremendous

Comment

To paraphrase Henry II: "Will no one rid of us this meddlesome replay?" Thanks to TC and Billy Jaffe for telling it like it is!!!
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        Since he's likely to be out of his current job soon … how about Daryl Morey for HE Commissioner???

There have been a lot of high-profile frauds unwittingly unmasked in his corner of the world recently.

Fight for Freedom, Stand with Hong Kong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1KCVj_v0ik

Not worth a lick of spit … come on down, frauds:

* Lebron James
        * Gregg Popovich
        * Steve Kerr
        * Adam Silver
        The NBA really is a sad mess with this China business. Just how stupid is Lebron James? His IQ has to be astronomically lower than anyone could have ever imagined.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Jaffe is absolutely tremendous
          Absolutely! A good while ago I used to get the sports package to watch the Western teams like Denver and Minnesota and he was terrific on those broadcasts before coming out to join the Bruins and getting involved in the Hockey East games. He's just really good at what he does.
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            The NBA really is a sad mess with this China business. Just how stupid is Lebron James? His IQ has to be astronomically lower than anyone could have ever imagined.
            He has a $1 billion contract to promote Nike. Aside from the hundreds of millions he gets from promoting other merchandise in China. He is also starring in and executive producer on the Space Jam sequel, which will stand to gain a huge amount of money from a Chinese release. Still question his IQ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              He has a $1 billion contract to promote Nike. Aside from the hundreds of millions he gets from promoting other merchandise in China. He is also starring in and executive producer on the Space Jam sequel, which will stand to gain a huge amount of money from a Chinese release. Still question his IQ?
              You really think he’s struggling for cash? He’d be wildly rich without the money from China. I think for most people with any sort of moral compass spouting Chinese propaganda would be a bridge too far, no matter how much cash in on the table.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Maybe not question his IQ but certainly his "woke" status. More than willing to call things like he seems them in the US but the rest of the woke crew like Steve Kerr are conveniently silent when it comes to an actual awful country/regime in China. That's called being a fraud.

Comment

LOL. Speaking of people that aren't terribly bright...

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  These things:
                  1. Require putting a basketball through a hoop
                  2. Have nothing to do with intelligence.

Originally posted by Lebron James
                  "A lot of people was uneducated"
                  But yea it's great he values his financial interests over the general idea of freedom of speech.

Comment

• Athletes (in general) should stick to sports & not get dragged in without full education. If one still feels strongly about an issue, run for office or support the cause offline / some other way. If you are going to be open about it; be aware that on sensitive issues you are bound to offend one side or another.

Far as Propaganda .. it runs in all media in all countries, (including ours).
                    Let’s not kid ourselves.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      You really think he’s struggling for cash? He’d be wildly rich without the money from China. I think for most people with any sort of moral compass spouting Chinese propaganda would be a bridge too far, no matter how much cash in on the table.
                      "How much cash is enough?"

Let's ask Jeff Bezos or the Walton heirs.

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      LOL. Speaking of people that aren't terribly bright...

These things:
                      1. Require putting a basketball through a hoop
                      2. Have nothing to do with intelligence.

But yea it's great he values his financial interests over the general idea of freedom of speech.
                      You asked how stupid he was and said he had a low IQ. He's actually behaving like a very smart capitalist. I disagree with the content of what he said, but why he said it makes perfect sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                        You asked how stupid he was and said he had a low IQ. He's actually behaving like a very smart capitalist. I disagree with the content of what he said, but why he said it makes perfect sense.
                        It's not so much that he's "stupid" - clearly he knows how to count, and understands what behavior will contribute to his personal bottom line. But what he is, is a flaming not-even-a-close-call hypocrite.

He - and the others I listed earlier - chooses to lecture us on the issues he sees with things in the US, and how we supposedly fall short of our lofty ideals. Yet, when he's actually given an opportunity to truly make a huge impact in the name of freedom where that baseline value is truly under siege … well, nope, not going to wade in, but yeah, I'll kick the guy on our side who dares to give a token of support to that cause, right in the nuts. On top of that, then he accuses THAT guy of being "uneducated".

For those keeping score out there, here's what courage and principle look like:

Muhammad Ali - conscientious objector, nearly jailed, lost untold millions and peak years of his career. 100
                        Lebron James - more "woke" than you, 'til China threatens his further enrichment, bows in submission. -100

I used to be a big Popovich fan, but now he's another pretender. Kerr is mini-Pop, no surprise there.
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Right but the PC-Maine game to start the year was PC announcers.

Good lord these reviews are getting out of hand.
                          Getting back on topic after the NBA segue...
                          PC seems to have learned from what Quinnipiac used to when they got most of their home games on NESN back in the day. Another marketing coup would involved GETTING PEOPLE TO SHOW UP SO THE COFFIN ISN'T MOSTLY EMPTY but that's a different rant.
                          Let's continue before China bans all references to Winny the Pooh in Hockey East.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by jon View Post
                            let's continue before china bans all references to winny the pooh in hockey east.
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                              CBS All-Access sounds attractive on the surface but, speaking only for myself, I draw the line at surrendering whatever shreds of privacy I may have left If I check the checkbox next to the following statement on the sign-up dialog:

"By registering you become a member of the CBS Interactive family of sites and you have read and agree to the Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Video Services Policy. You agree to receive updates, alerts and promotions from CBS and that CBS may share information about you with our marketing partners so that they may contact you by email or otherwise about their products or services.

I have no problem with becoming a retail customer in the usual sense but I'm not inclined to be forced into becoming a member of anything. I don't need any more robocalls, spam, and junk mail than I already get. Looks like I'm relegated to following games via live stats.
                              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                                CBS All-Access sounds attractive on the surface but, speaking only for myself, I draw the line at surrendering whatever shreds of privacy I may have left If I check the checkbox next to the following statement on the sign-up dialog:

"By registering you become a member of the CBS Interactive family of sites and you have read and agree to the Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Video Services Policy. You agree to receive updates, alerts and promotions from CBS and that CBS may share information about you with our marketing partners so that they may contact you by email or otherwise about their products or services.

I have no problem with becoming a retail customer in the usual sense but I'm not inclined to be forced into becoming a member of anything. I don't need any more robocalls, spam, and junk mail than I already get. Looks like I'm relegated to following games via live stats.
                                You might try "unsubscribing" to the email solicitations, getting "NoRobo" or another blocking service for your phone and cancelling your subscription after the game is over. Certainly you must cancel it at the end of the season or you'll be charged the monthly fee through seasons where you have no use for the service.

Comment

Working...
                                X