Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    The men's team failed to qualify for the World Cup, and you're upset people rip them for it?
    It shouldn't happen but just on cycle before MEXICO was 7 minutes+ away from being eliminated...then Zusi and Johannsson scored...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      It shouldn't happen but just on cycle before MEXICO was 7 minutes+ away from being eliminated...then Zusi and Johannsson scored...
      And if Panama doesn’t score a late winner or Mexico doesn’t give up an own goal to Honduras the US goes to a playoff against Australia.

At this point it’s been a year and a half since qualifying, there’s a new coach and new players and the Gold Cup has come and gone, people I think need to move on.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Sh-tty way to lose the Africa Cup.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Two things:

1. El Trafico is still the best name for a rivalry game.

2. I don’t know what LAFC did to Zlatan but they should find out because Zlatan really doesn’t like LAFC.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Vancouver Whitecaps lost a two-legged cup tie to a team that literally played its first game ever 3 months ago. Talk about a new low.

EDIT for clarification, they lost 2-1 to Cavalry FC in the Canadian Championship. Drew 0-0 in Calgary, then got beat 2-1 at home. Brutal.
            Last edited by TovarishchLisa; 07-24-2019, 11:57 PM.
            https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
            https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
            NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
            Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Guatemala U-15 players denied Visas to play in CONCACAF tournament in Florida next month.

Numerous players on Guatemala's team for the Concacaf Boys' Under-15 Championship were denied visas to travel to the U.S. for the tournament.

Nine players on Rigoberto Gomez's 18-man squad were denied at the U.S. embassy in Guatemala City on Friday, according to a statement from Fedefutbol, Guatemala's governing body.

"As part of the procedure and preparation of our delegation, today nine players went to their previously scheduled appointment with the respective embassy to go through the visa procedure, presenting all the supporting and required documentation for obtaining [the visas]," Fedefutbol said in the statement, per Goal.com. However, the visa request was not authorized for any of the nine players who are part of the Guatemala U-15 national team.

"FEDEFUT will inform the Concacaf authorities and the organizing committee of the event about this topic." Concacaf did not return Goal.com's request for comment, and Gomez declined to comment when reached by the outlet.

Federation president Gerardo Paiz later told ESPN that 11 players–two more than originally stated–were denied visas. Paiz also said the team plans to play in the Concacaf championship but will have to find different players.
              Another reason we can't host the World Cup in 2026: We'll only allow white players to come.

Comment

I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Maybe if they won as often as the women...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Can't be true...I saw a meme on Facebook that says otherwise.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      Can't be true...I saw a meme on Facebook that says otherwise.
                      The response from the players was basically "that's only because you included the NWSL salaries!" (link), ya know, the salaries that are paid by the USSF.

Alex Morgan getting jabaited on Twitter by Stephen Goff is funny though:

Last edited by Jimjamesak; 07-30-2019, 01:55 AM.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Also, best response I’ve seen to the “apples-to-apples” line:

Actually, I would love to see the WNT have to play in Azteca or Tegucigalpa or Saprissa (if they thought turf in the US was bad...).
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          Also, best response I’ve seen to the “apples-to-apples” line:

Actually, I would love to see the WNT have to play in Azteca or Tegucigalpa or Saprissa (if they thought turf in the US was bad...).
                          These women are really starting to turn me against the women.

If they want the same bonus structure (which was originally offered to them and turned down by them), then they have to forego their salaries -- both of them. It is patently ridiculous what they are spewing.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            These women are really starting to turn me against the women.

If they want the same bonus structure (which was originally offered to them and turned down by them), then they have to forego their salaries -- both of them. It is patently ridiculous what they are spewing.
                            I think the ultimate answer is USSF supporting NWSL with money like $200k per team towards salaries but yes. You can't complain about not getting the same bonuses when you're getting salaries and benefits and the other group isn't. But in the same respect, USSF paying women's salaries in NWSL has a cost but it also requires more work from the women that the men get paid separately for...
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Why don't they publish total player incomes for the past (4?) years respectively per game played for the men's and women's teams regardless if it was for a friendly, qualifier, cup, Olympics or WC? Leave league earnings out of it. Then they should be able to provide revenues for each for the same time frame as generated solely from NT events. How can there be a true comparison without that?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                per game played
                                Is that how we measure compensation for any other sport?

I don't understand what US soccer thinks it is doing with this stupid civil war. Niche sport struggling to gain market share in US has tremendous momentum after world championship and promptly squanders it by degenerating into internecine bickering.

Maybe when the women say they want more money the men should support them? It's a rising tide you morons.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X