No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

This afternoon the MC Vs Everton game was on NBC. Wow! .MC made them look really bad! I can see why they are where they are in the table. But those uniforms! ugh!. It should be interesting to see how things come out in 2 or 3 months.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      This afternoon the MC Vs Everton game was on NBC. Wow! .MC made them look really bad! I can see why they are where they are in the table. But those uniforms! ugh!. It should be interesting to see how things come out in 2 or 3 months.
      Walcott got subbed out due to injury in what the first minute?
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

So Newcastle plays Leicester today. I hope the Magpies keep it within 2.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          So Newcastle plays Leicester today. I hope the Magpies keep it within 2.
          Have faith!!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Have faith!!

You know, I was pleasantly surprised when Newcastle beat Tottenham. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised today, too.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Mookie was downright shocked!!

Comment

The second half was just painful.

Definitely in the relegation zone now.

Comment

And with my luck today, Chicago Fire won't score a goal either.

Edit: tied at 2, moving neither up or down.
                  Last edited by MissThundercat; 09-29-2019, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    And with my luck today, Chicago Fire won't score a goal either.

Edit: tied at 2, moving neither up or down.
                    Chicago eliminated from the playoffs.

Seattle scores a 94th minute winner to beat San Jose. Seattle and Minnesota tied at 53 points for second in the West and will play on Decision Day.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

So the new Playoff format for MLS is all single elimination games played at the highest seed. To give an idea of how huge home field advantage is in MLS, only two teams have winning records on the road: the top two seeds LAFC and NYCFC. Only DC United is .500 at 6-6-5.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        So the new Playoff format for MLS is all single elimination games played at the highest seed. To give an idea of how huge home field advantage is in MLS, only two teams have winning records on the road: the top two seeds LAFC and NYCFC. Only DC United is .500 at 6-6-5.
                        I prefer this format.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This format is so much better fitting the playoffs in between the october and november international breaks. It will only get better if they're able to keep the format the same as the league grows beyond its current size.

I like that while there are 7 teams in, there are 3 tiers of value, 1 gets a bye, 3-4 get home games, 5-7 get an appearance
                          I'm not much of a fan of the MLS decision to have the conference semifinals and finals on week nights but I get it because of TV.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I prefer this format.
                            Yeah, the previous format, home-home with away goals, negated home field advantage. We’ll probably see an uptick of away teams just trying to tie and win in PKs though.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              This format is so much better fitting the playoffs in between the october and november international breaks. It will only get better if they're able to keep the format the same as the league grows beyond its current size.

I like that while there are 7 teams in, there are 3 tiers of value, 1 gets a bye, 3-4 get home games, 5-7 get an appearance
                              I'm not much of a fan of the MLS decision to have the conference semifinals and finals on week nights but I get it because of TV.
                              Yeah, no more December MLS Cups is a blessing.

It even gives more meaning to regular season matches, like Seattle and Minnesota playing for second in the West this weekend.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Kepler had to decide to become a spurs fan when he learned Harry Kane is a big patsies fan and named his beloved dog Brady

Comment

Working...
                                X