World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    They likely would if they thought that could be won.
    Would the USSF support them in that endeavor? After their recent legal arguments I would think not.
    So may as well go after a Federation you can beat.
    Ok, so again, how do you expect the Federation to pay for it?

The World Cup has no involvement of the USSF beyond them entering a team. They don’t get to sell the TV rights, they don’t get ticket sales, all they get is the prize money. To determine all of that they get one vote out of 203.

Now mind you, this is a Federation that pays a guaranteed six figure yearly salary (with guaranteed roster spot) to each player, with medical benefits and benefits like maternity leave, plus bonuses for performance and appearance, plus another salary that’s subsidized to their professional club team. A professional club team that plays in a league whose costs are administrated and subsidized by the same Federation. Also, this same Federation organizes two yearly tournaments for the team in lieu of them playing in a historic, long running tournament because it’s financially better for the players. And this is after more than a decade of financial support to these same players after two different professional leagues failed. (edit) And the same Federation that took over hosting a World Cup and likely lost money so that it could be played instead of cancelled.

But no it’s totally the Federation’s responsibility to make up that $50 million plus another $20 million every four years thereafter because their lawyers f-ed up.
    Last edited by Jimjamesak; 03-13-2020, 04:12 PM.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Ok, so again, how do you expect the Federation to pay for it?

The World Cup has no involvement of the USSF beyond them entering a team. They don’t get to sell the TV rights, they don’t get ticket sales, all they get is the prize money. To determine all of that they get one vote out of 203.

Now mind you, this is a Federation that pays a guaranteed six figure yearly salary (with guaranteed roster spot) to each player, with medical benefits and benefits like maternity leave, plus bonuses for performance and appearance, plus another salary that’s subsidized to their professional club team. A professional club team that plays in a league whose costs are administrated and subsidized by the same Federation. Also, this same Federation organizes two yearly tournaments for the team in lieu of them playing in a historic, long running tournament because it’s financially better for the players. And this is after more than a decade of financial support to these same players after two different professional leagues failed. (edit) And the same Federation that took over hosting a World Cup and likely lost money so that it could be played instead of cancelled.

But no it’s totally the Federation’s responsibility to make up that $50 million plus another $20 million every four years thereafter because their lawyers f-ed up.
      So they should just shut up and be grateful?
      Again, they are fighting who they can fight and with the USSF's legal argument, they should continue that fight as it is clear the USSF sees them as lesser than the Men.
      That argument, and clearly your attitude are exactly reasons they should gut the USSF...maybe you'd learn something in the process.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        So they should just shut up and be grateful?
        Again, they are fighting who they can fight and with the USSF's legal argument, they should continue that fight as it is clear the USSF sees them as lesser than the Men.
        That argument, and clearly your attitude are exactly reasons they should gut the USSF...maybe you'd learn something in the process.
        Not shut up and be grateful, but go after the people who are really at fault: FIFA, CONCACAF, the TV Networks, sponsors etc. Stop asking the USSF, and by extension those of us who have stakes in what the USSF does, to foot the bill. Yes, they can go after the USSF, but they’re doing irreparable harm to what they claim they’re fighting for. The USSF isn’t a money tree, that money has to come from somewhere. Here is the budget for the USSF for this year, show where’d you take that $50 million from.

A Reddit post summed up a good chunk of the reality of this situation:
        Yeah I agree. I think there's always potential for a naive athlete to get screwed in terms of compensation by a team (or in this case, a foundation) which has way more power and resources.

But here we're talking about a group of college-educated women, many of them who are millionaires, that formed a union and hired lawyers to help them negotiate the deal they wanted. Now they're trying to claim that what they voluntarily agreed to is sexist.

>But, either way, it’s difficult to argue against equality. You’re arguing against a concept nearly everyone agrees with and believes is an admirable end.

But that's precisely the problem, they've said many times they don't want the same compensation structure as the men. Rhetorically, it's all "we just want equality" in reality it's "we want what the men have plus a steady salary and healthcare." Personally I think each team's pay should be commensurate with the revenue they generate but at the same time that's clearly not what they were bargaining for
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I see no issues in what they are asking for honestly.
          From what I've heard it's a difference of 34 million. That can be negotiated down if need be.
          Honestly the Federation should also be attempting to help them with FIFA but again with their tactics here I don't see that happening.
          But I also don't think it's hurting their cause as much as you may hope.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            I see no issues in what they are asking for honestly.
            From what I've heard it's a difference of 34 million. That can be negotiated down if need be.
            Honestly the Federation should also be attempting to help them with FIFA but again with their tactics here I don't see that happening.
            But I also don't think it's hurting their cause as much as you may hope.
            Link to the $34 million difference? Is it the number quoted by Taylor Twellman? Because that number is pretty suspect.

I'm getting my numbers from here and an actual breakdown of the total from both World Cups here.

Edit: If you want the actual total of what the difference is it's $48,209,525
            Last edited by Jimjamesak; 03-13-2020, 08:16 PM.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Also, from the same writer (Beau Dure): Why Do I Question Women's Soccer Narratives?
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

FB-IMG-1584800760005

Comment

Nice.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    FB-IMG-1584800760005
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

On one hand:

On the other:
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

On the bright side, I don't have to watch Newcastle stink it up every weekend.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                            Sky Sports reported their owner laid off all their employees but the players. He's a real winner.
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Here is my USSF prediction. They will pay every single player the same regardless of gender or what team they are associated with. So the beach players and the futsal will be paid the exact same as the women's teams.

EDIT: I forgot about the PARA 7-A-SIDE NATIONAL TEAM.
                              Last edited by 4four4; 04-01-2020, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Please stop. I assume you aren't but you sound like one of those Limbaugh jackholes who tries to defend paying women doctors and lawyers less than men.

This will not end well for you.
                                Obviously, you are older then 40 because nobody under that age has any idea who you are talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X