World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    CONCACAF Champions League starts tomorrow (Tuesday), therefore the MLS season starts tomorrow.

Atlanta plays Motagua (Honduras).
    LAFC is in the marquee match versus Mexico’s León.

Wednesday sees Montreal play Saprissa (Costa Rica).

Thursday NYCFC plays San Carlos (Costa Rica) while Seattle plays Olimpia (Honduras).

If you want to see a snuff film Mexico’s Cruz Azul plays Jamaica’s Portmore United.
    Running down the results:
    Cruz Azul beat Portmore 2-1 (and needed 90+5 and 90+9 to do it)
    Atlanta tied Motagua 1-1 (and Atlanta was only able to dress 17 players)
    León beat LAFC 2-0 (and it should’ve been 4 or 5, LAFC looks awful)
    Montreal tied Saprissa 2-2 (surprising result for Montreal)
    Alianza beat Tigres 2-1 (Tigres Equipo Chico lives on)
    Club America tied Comunicaciones 1-1
    NYCFC beat San Carlos 5-3 (!)
    And Seattle tied Olimpia 2-2 (and the two clubs still really don’t like each other).

The lesson from this round? Winning on the road in Central America is f-ing difficult.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

USWNT sues for 66 million.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2020/02/21...kRuxlW4J1wI__8
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        For revelence:
        “Women’s national team players are paid differently because they specifically asked for and negotiated a completely different contract than the men’s national team, despite being offered, and rejecting, a similar pay-to-play agreement during the past negotiations,” U.S. Soccer said in a statement. “Their preference was a contract that provides significant additional benefits that the men’s national team does not have, including guaranteed annual salaries, medical and dental insurance, paid child-care assistance, paid pregnancy and parental leave, severance benefits, salary continuation during periods of injury, access to a retirement plan, multiple bonuses and more.”
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Also, writer Beau Dure makes the (very true) point that WNT demands are hurting the future of the National Teams both Men and Women.

I will admit, I have a bit of skin in this game. As a Regional Referee I’d like it if the Federation could help offset some of my costs for traveling for assessments.
          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            For revelence:
            It's my understanding that some of the benefits, specifically "medical and dental insurance, paid child-care assistance, paid pregnancy and parental leave" isn't really an USSF thing, its because the women's team is the Olympic team and it is benefits provided Olympic athletes...
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              It's my understanding that some of the benefits, specifically "medical and dental insurance, paid child-care assistance, paid pregnancy and parental leave" isn't really an USSF thing, its because the women's team is the Olympic team and it is benefits provided Olympic athletes...
              Here’s the thing: the Men don’t get those benefits. If they don’t play, they don’t get paid.

(Yes they have club contracts but that’s not the USSF’s fault)
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Here’s the thing: the Men don’t get those benefits. If they don’t play, they don’t get paid.

(Yes they have club contracts but that’s not the USSF’s fault)
                Are they on the Olympic team?

Comment

A couple things that I wish would get reported on but won’t because it goes against the “*sniff* Our Brave Gals” narrative:

1. Someone to ask the WNT players what they mean by “equal pay”. They’ve already rejected proposals for CBA’s that exactly mirror the MNT CBA so WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot do they want? (Hint: they want all the money and f- the Men’s, Youth, Futsal, Beach, Para, Referee, and Coaching programs)

2. Why is the WNTPA so restrictive on its membership requirements? It takes a certain number of caps to become a member, but the amount of non-member players that can even be brought into a camp, let alone the lineup, is restricted by the CBA.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    Are they on the Olympic team?
                    Potentially yes. As they’re either under 23 or capable of being named as one of the over 23 aged players allowed.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Potentially yes. As they’re either under 23 or capable of being named as one of the over 23 aged players allowed.
                      Potentially?

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                        Potentially?
                        They still have to qualify (so did the WNT but that was a few weeks ago) and of course the roster rules are more restrictive (can only have 3 players over 23 and clubs are not required to release their players whereas the Women’s tournament is a full FIFA event and clubs are required).
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

They still have to qualify (so did the WNT but that was a few weeks ago) and of course the roster rules are more restrictive (can only have 3 players over 23 and clubs are not required to release their players whereas the Women’s tournament is a full FIFA event and clubs are required).
                          But the point is that some of these benefits that USSF props up are reasons for the different structure have nothing to do with USSF and come from the Olympics part of Women's soccer. I don't disagree with you that the women have disagreed with a similar pay structure to MNT and the biggest issue is them wanting to keep their limited structure which protects players who are in the team while getting paid more too. They can't have it both ways. They need to open it up.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            But the point is that some of these benefits that USSF props up are reasons for the different structure have nothing to do with USSF and come from the Olympics part of Women's soccer. I don't disagree with you that the women have disagreed with a similar pay structure to MNT and the biggest issue is them wanting to keep their limited structure which protects players who are in the team while getting paid more too. They can't have it both ways. They need to open it up.
                            I honestly wonder if they’re required too, they could dump everything off onto the NWSL (and likely Euro) club owners and pay bonuses only.

Reading from reports the biggest claim from the WNT numbers is the bonuses paid out for the World Cup, which is based upon the prize money paid out by FIFA, something the USSF has very little control over (I won’t say zero because they do get one vote).

For an analogy: The WNT is suing their parents because their grandmother shortchanged them on their inheritance.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

West Ham United?

Comment

Buckner would have had that.

2-2

Comment

Working...
                                X