Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

BTW everything is better in Spanish:

"He's gonna shoot from there?"
    "Noooooooooo."
    "Yes."
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      BTW everything is better in Spanish:

"He's gonna shoot from there?"
      "Noooooooooo."
      "Yes."
      Or French.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The President has resigned

It has been an incredible privilege to serve as the President of U.S. Soccer.

My one and only mission has always been to do what is best for our Federation.

After discussions with the Board of Directors, I have decided to step down, effective immediately. My full statement: https://t.co/4B7siuIqcL
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          The President has resigned
          YES! Finally! Only have to deal with Pence for a few months!

It has been an incredible privilege to serve as the President of U.S. Soccer.
          Oh...

Comment

At some point I wish someone at US Soccer would stand up to the WNT and their insane demands.

Today is not that point.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                At some point I wish someone at US Soccer would stand up to the WNT and their insane demands.

Today is not that point.
                They have nothing to stand on...especially when their argument is sexism to start with.
                I know you feel differently...don't want to hear it again.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  They have nothing to stand on...especially when their argument is sexism to start with.
                  Legally, they need to just stand on the fact that they have a collective bargaining agreement that was negotiated in good faith and involves a different pay structure than the men's team at the behest of the women's player's union. I have no clue why they keep trying to argue anything beyond that.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    Legally, they need to just stand on the fact that they have a collective bargaining agreement that was negotiated in good faith and involves a different pay structure than the men's team at the behest of the women's player's union. I have no clue why they keep trying to argue anything beyond that.
                    Was US soccers legal argument actually that the men have more responsibility because men are more skilled? Seems like a terrible argument to me but I’ve not researched this deeply and not sure what is truth vs headlines

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Was US soccers legal argument actually that the men have more responsibility because men are more skilled? Seems like a terrible argument to me but I’ve not researched this deeply and not sure what is truth vs headlines
                      That's the argument that's been reported and it's why the fed president is now gone.

MNT players routinely play matches (important World Cup qualifiers, in particular) throughout Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. The WNT does not,” the USSF said. “Opposing fan hostility encountered in these MNT road environments, especially in Mexico and Central America, is unmatched by anything the WNT must face while trying to qualify for an important tournament. Even the hostility of fans at home crowds for the MNT in some friendlies can be unlike anything the WNT faces. This is all evidence of substantially different jobs under the EPA.”
                      https://www.si.com/soccer/2020/03/10/uswnt-us-soccer-equal-pay-filings-different-jobs-usmnt
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Was US soccers legal argument actually that the men have more responsibility because men are more skilled? Seems like a terrible argument to me
                        It's gonna age really well, too. IIRC in the 20s Harvard defended not admitting Jews before SCOTUS by arguing that although they personally had no animosity towards them, the state of society was such that Jews would not wield power, and Harvard's job was to train America's leadership.

They won the case.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Going to be weird watching my local 2nd Bundesliga team's game tonight with zero fans in attendance. Have season tickets to their games and I'm curious if the fans still congregate outside the arena.

Comment

The Women want the USSF to pay them bonuses for the World Cup wins at the same as the Men’s CBA despite the fact the USSF receives significantly less money for the Women’s World Cup than the Men’s. It’s an amount near $50 million, or about 45% of the USSF’s annual budget. The USSF has offered to settle and pay them equal to what the Men were paid for everything else, per diem, appearance fees, win bonuses etc. except the World Cup bonuses and the Women have refused because they insist on the World Cup bonuses despite the fact that a) the USSF is not responsible for that money and b) the USSF doesn’t have that money without affecting other programs.

This isn’t some moral crusade, it’s a selfish cash grab.

Now, should FIFA pay out equal bonuses for the Men’s and Women’s World Cup? Absolutely, it would do wonders for the Women’s game. But that’s a FIFA problem and not the USSF’s.

Is an organization that has spent hundreds of millions propping up a Women’s program, often to its own detriment, really sexist?
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

That's the argument that's been reported and it's why the fed president is now gone.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2020/03/10/uswnt-us-soccer-equal-pay-filings-different-jobs-usmnt
                              That’s an argument that they have different responsibilities and working conditions. A pretty good one for an equal pay suit. And one that is true.

There’s no way the USSF comes out of this without looking sexist anyway. They tried to settle and the Women refused, the USSF had to defend itself. Here we are.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                They tried to settle and the Women refused, the USSF had to defend itself.
                                Did they, though?
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X