No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

So they’re just using MLB’s abandoned AZ/FL plan?

Florida in the summer already sucks. Now you’re stuck there during a pandemic when they’re purposefully not reporting numbers. Sign me up.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      So they’re just using MLB’s abandoned AZ/FL plan?

Florida in the summer already sucks. Now you’re stuck there during a pandemic when they’re purposefully not reporting numbers. Sign me up.
      Not to mention not being able to see your family for months.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Not to mention not being able to see your family for months.
        That’s one of the reasons the MLB plan failed. Players didn’t want to leave their families for months to stay in a hotel.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Not a surprise but sounds like no more Hex round:
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

From Reddit:
            Assuming they go with the most recent FIFA Rankings:

Pot 1

Mexico

USA

Costa Rica

Pot 2

Jamaica

Honduras

El Salvador

Pot 3

Canada

Curacao

Panama

Pot 4

Haiti

Trinidad and Tobago

Antigua and Barbuda
            Nightmare would Honduras, Canada, and TnT.
            Luck would be El Salvador, Curaçao, and Antigua.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Not a surprise but sounds like no more Hex round:
              Haven't they written us in as a permanent finalist? Won't someone think of the merch?!
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Haven't they written us in as a permanent finalist? Won't someone think of the merch?!
                Not anywhere close to what this was talking about.

It’s a disappointment over losing the Hex. The Hex is the most batchit insanity in international soccer (outside of maybe South America). The matches against Mexico and Costa Rica are looked forward to every four years and now we’re being deprived that, possibly for the foreseeable future.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Not anywhere close to what this was talking about.

It’s a disappointment over losing the Hex. The Hex is the most batchit insanity in international soccer (outside of maybe South America). The matches against Mexico and Costa Rica are looked forward to every four years and now we’re being deprived that, possibly for the foreseeable future.
                  Agreed on that part. I had plans to attend both of those home matches wherever they were held. With what the current setup looks to be, I'm not going anywhere but a match in Chicago, Minneapolis, Cleveland, or Nashville.
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                    Agreed on that part. I had plans to attend both of those home matches wherever they were held. With what the current setup looks to be, I'm not going anywhere but a match in Chicago, Minneapolis, Cleveland, or Nashville.
                    Yeah, I may try to go to a match if possible in Seattle or Portland.

The funniest bit is seeing Canadians going "Now we actually have a chance, especially if get the US in our group!" as if they haven't shown an inability to win anywhere on the road in CONCACAF. Heck, they couldn't win or draw in Orlando FFS.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Yeah, I may try to go to a match if possible in Seattle or Portland.

The funniest bit is seeing Canadians going "Now we actually have a chance, especially if get the US in our group!" as if they haven't shown an inability to win anywhere on the road in CONCACAF. Heck, they couldn't win or draw in Orlando FFS.
                      Oh, they will figure out a way to be us in our house in the nightmare scenario you posted. I will admit that the November/March dates could give them some very nice home cooked weather if they are facing anyone other than the US or Mexico...
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                        Oh, they will figure out a way to be us in our house in the nightmare scenario you posted. I will admit that the November/March dates could give them some very nice home cooked weather if they are facing anyone other than the US or Mexico...
                        Canada's MO is they will always choke in big games in CONCACAF. From losing to Guatemala 8-1 to losing to the US 4-1 they will choke.

In the nightmare scenario Honduras is the team I would worry about. Brutally tough road environment and a team capable of taking a result from us at home.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Interesting.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Interesting.
                            Interesting, I wonder if this finally means we’ll start getting answers on what the hell MLS is going to do about all the money they’re holding hostage for tickets.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              Interesting, I wonder if this finally means we’ll start getting answers on what the hell MLS is going to do about all the money they’re holding hostage for tickets.
                              Most likely they’ll be rolled over to next season.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Most likely they’ll be rolled over to next season.
                                For season tickets sure, what about single game?
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X