No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Reading the BBC Summary, Man City had run afoul of Financial Fair Play rules with their shady “sponsorship” deal with Eithad Airlines.

Don’t know if this will hold up with the CAS but still interesting.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      It should migrate down.
      Might save Spurs. (Might not.)
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Might save Spurs. (Might not.)
        Up the Blades!

Comment

Good breakdown of what has gone on with Man City and UEFA.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Nice defense, Newcastle.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              Nice defense, Newcastle.
              Like mookie and I were expecting anything different?
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Nope
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Nope
                  I'm just grateful NUFC is out of the relegation zone.
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    I'm just grateful NUFC is out of the relegation zone.
                    Inshalla
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      Inshalla
                      And I can't blame any of those 4 goals on Dubravka. Not when the NUFC defense might as well be pylons.

Comment

CONCACAF Champions League starts tomorrow (Tuesday), therefore the MLS season starts tomorrow.

Atlanta plays Motagua (Honduras).
                        LAFC is in the marquee match versus Mexico’s León.

Wednesday sees Montreal play Saprissa (Costa Rica).

Thursday NYCFC plays San Carlos (Costa Rica) while Seattle plays Olimpia (Honduras).

If you want to see a snuff film Mexico’s Cruz Azul plays Jamaica’s Portmore United.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

CONCACAF Champions League starts tomorrow (Tuesday), therefore the MLS season starts tomorrow.

Atlanta plays Motagua (Honduras).
                          LAFC is in the marquee match versus Mexico’s León.

Wednesday sees Montreal play Saprissa (Costa Rica).

Thursday NYCFC plays San Carlos (Costa Rica) while Seattle plays Olimpia (Honduras).

If you want to see a snuff film Mexico’s Cruz Azul plays Jamaica’s Portmore United.
                          Why is Montreal in it?

[edit] nm - just found out the 4th goes to the winner of the US Open Cup. Lame.
                          Last edited by Slap Shot; 02-18-2020, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Why is Montreal in it?

[edit] nm - just found out the 4th goes to the winner of the US Open Cup. Lame.
                            Canada gets one spot that’s awarded to the winner of the Canadian Championship (their own knockout tournament) that Montreal won last year. Canada also gets a spot in the CONCACAF League, a tournament for non-US/Mexico teams where the top 6 qualify for the CCL, for a Canadian Premier League team.

The US Open Cup winners get a spot to a) give the tournament more importance and b) stop the inevitable lawsuits from lower league teams that would have zero chance at qualifying.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Canada gets one spot that’s awarded to the winner of the Canadian Championship (their own knockout tournament) that Montreal won last year. Canada also gets a spot in the CONCACAF League, a tournament for non-US/Mexico teams where the top 6 qualify for the CCL, for a Canadian Premier League team.

The US Open Cup winners get a spot to a) give the tournament more importance and b) stop the inevitable lawsuits from lower league teams that would have zero chance at qualifying.
                              The only part I don't understand is why a Canadian MLS cup winner doesn't get an AQ. I mean I understand the way they've set it up, but why?
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                The only part I don't understand is why a Canadian MLS cup winner doesn't get an AQ. I mean I understand the way they've set it up, but why?
                                Spots are determined by federation, basically CONCACAF says “ok USSF you have four spots, award them how you see fit.” Since the Canadian MLS teams are technically under the CSA, not the USSF, they can’t qualify under a USSF slot.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X