Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Is that how we measure compensation for any other sport?

I don't understand what US soccer thinks it is doing with this stupid civil war. Niche sport struggling to gain market share in US has tremendous momentum after world championship and promptly squanders it by degenerating into internecine bickering.

Maybe when the women say they want more money the men should support them? It's a rising tide you morons.
    I'm not against them "getting more" but I am not convinced the pay is significantly disparate especially as it pertains to revenues. Let the numbers bear the opposite out and you'd see far less opposition to the cause.

Comment

USMNT issues statement in support of USWNT

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Why don't they publish total player incomes for the past (4?) years respectively per game played for the men's and women's teams regardless if it was for a friendly, qualifier, cup, Olympics or WC? Leave league earnings out of it. Then they should be able to provide revenues for each for the same time frame as generated solely from NT events. How can there be a true comparison without that?
        Because, as has been stated, the Women have a different pay structure, they get paid a yearly salary on top of game bonuses vs the Men who only get paid game bonuses.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Because, as has been stated, the Women have a different pay structure, they get paid a yearly salary on top of game bonuses vs the Men who only get paid game bonuses.
          List total compensation paid (regardless of type/source) for NT activities only to each respectively, compare against # of games played (regardless of type) for the NT respectively and list total revenues generated from NT activities for each. "Structures" have nothing to do with my question.
          Last edited by Slap Shot; 07-30-2019, 02:05 PM.

Comment

List total compensation paid (regardless of type/source) for NT activities only to each respectively, compare against # of games played (regardless of type) for the NT respectively and list total revenues generated from NT activities for each. "Structures" have nothing to do with my question.
            Except, you can’t even compare revenue generated because the important ones, sponsorships and TV rights, are sold as a bundle.

And yes, the structure is relevant. The USSF paying the NWSL salaries is what is keeping the league afloat, plus the other $18 million they’re paying the NWSL. Also, the benefits, health care, retirement etc., that the WNT players receive is relevant to the discussion.

It is likely possible that a forensic accountant could break those numbers, but the reality is it is almost to do an honest comparison.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Except, you can’t even compare revenue generated because the important ones, sponsorships and TV rights, are sold as a bundle.

And yes, the structure is relevant. The USSF paying the NWSL salaries is what is keeping the league afloat, plus the other $18 million they’re paying the NWSL. Also, the benefits, health care, retirement etc., that the WNT players receive is relevant to the discussion.

It is likely possible that a forensic accountant could break those numbers, but the reality is it is almost to do an honest comparison.
              There's no way they don't know the revenues per team - at the very least viewership and ratings could be used to break it down further.

Also I don't care what the USSF is paying for the NWSL - that's a separately negotiated deal so leave it out.

What was total NT income paid each year - NWSL salaries and how many freaking games did they play.

Comment

There's no way they don't know the revenues per team - at the very least viewership and ratings could be used to break it down further.

Also I don't care what the USSF is paying for the NWSL - that's a separately negotiated deal so leave it out.

What was total NT income paid each year - NWSL salaries and how many freaking games did they play.
                NWSL salaries are relevant because they are part of the CBA!

NWSL salary = NT income.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Is that how we measure compensation for any other sport?

I don't understand what US soccer thinks it is doing with this stupid civil war. Niche sport struggling to gain market share in US has tremendous momentum after world championship and promptly squanders it by degenerating into internecine bickering.

Maybe when the women say they want more money the men should support them? It's a rising tide you morons.
                  Why is all of this going on? Because everybody and their mother is suing the USSF for some reason or other.

NASL anti-trust lawsuit.
                  US Soccer Foundation trademark suit
                  Youth player solidarity compensation suit
                  Hope Solo lawsuit
                  WNT lawsuit
                  Relevant Sports lawsuit (the company wanting to do La Liga games in the US)

The game has grown to a point where people are either going “I’m getting screwed, it’s my money and I want it now!” or “I want a piece, but I don’t play by the rules”.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

The women get $100,000 annual salary for making the NT. PLUS, they get $75,000 for playing in the NWSL (which is double the highest paid NWSL players who do not make the NT) after they make the NT, paid for by the USSF and negotiated in the CBA. So, if a woman makes the USWNT, they get an annual salary of $175,000. And that's before performance bonuses. And we're not even counting the medical and maternity leave benefits, none of which the men get. (Oh, and they also get one heck of a severance package when they are cut.)

You need to factor all that in when the women claim they are not getting equal pay from the USSF.
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

More blowouts!!! Per Sportsnet

FIFA will officially expand the Women's World Cup to 32 teams in 2023.

https://t.co/YlkzIN2kMZ
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

FIFA likes money.

Chinese Taipei is just outside the 32-team limit. Let's get them inside and play the PRC. What could go wrong?
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

FIFA likes money.

Chinese Taipei is just outside the 32-team limit. Let's get them inside and play the PRC. What could go wrong?
                          See Honduras - El Salvador 50 years ago.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

See Honduras - El Salvador 50 years ago.
                            Was that the Soccer War?
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

FIFA will just give most of the slots to UEFA and CONMEBOL.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Was that the Soccer War?
                                Yes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_War
                                Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 07-31-2019, 02:49 PM.
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X