• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    I see what you did there.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
      Hey now, as much as we bash ourselves for attendance woes, even mediocre Badgers crowds must easily beat the WHL (especially since their biggest draws are in more cavernous venues)!
      Badger crowds, yes. College hockey in general, not so much. I think the majority of WHL teams draw in the 4-6k range. Calgary probably averages the most in the 9-10k range. Winnipeg, being a new team, probably has to get going on building a fanbase yet.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post

We've seen the talent, and it's reasonable to hope for noticeable improvement (even on top of his already high level) as the season goes on for C Caufield.
        I think Caufield has played better without the puck in stretches as we've gone along. He could play much better though, as I think he's a bit underrated as a skater. Obviously his job is to put the puck in the net, but I think because he has good skates and great vision, he should be a guy that causes more turnovers on the forecheck and in the neutral zone at this level. That's the kind of thing he needs to build into his game to play regular shifts in the NHL.
        Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 11-08-2019, 02:23 PM.
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Alrighty then. GAME DAY!!!

So stop with the all the negativity Moriarty! Hope springs eternal on Game Day!

Really lookin' like DPlaya is actually Tony Granato. Achan will be up and Bakes will be down just as DPlaya called for.

I'm personally all over this as arguably Roman Achan has been the best player on the team the last two weeks. That kid wants to win every shift. Hopefully Bakes can get back to doing what he does best, which is disrupt the other guys and cause havoc all over the ice.

Last week was either a wake up call for the boys, or the beginning of the long slow plod through to mediocrity. I'm in favor of the former. Both top Centers are healthy and playing the opener for the first time since the UMD series. Everybody should finally be over the flu. Time to get this season back on track with a Friday road win in the Nacho.

Let's go RED!
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Power play needs some work. Good to have the lead after 1.

Comment

Thought Holloway's line and TPB's line look pretty good with the changes. Turcotte's line looks terrible as does the PP. Lot's of standing around with those guys. Miller has to have 5-6 TO's already.

With the high camera and wide angle, everybody looks a little slow, but I still wonder if that ice isn't kind of soft.

Need to kill this cheapie on Holloway and get a little more jump in our step. Less puck watching more skating.

Omaha has a good forecheck and are hard in the corners. Announcers call it the best period of the season by the Mav's.
              Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 11-08-2019, 07:57 PM.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Good lord, 15 seconds there Goal turned the puck over twice and then followed it up by stepping offside for no reason and killing a 3-2.
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Wow, what a freakin' play by Turcotte.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    Wow, what a freakin' play by Turcotte.
                    Nice move, good shot and followed it up to get his own rebound. Good aggresive NHL caliber play.

Comment

Hey! Got traffic in front of the net and we score! Shocker!
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by druzy192
                        Need to put Miller in front of the net.
                        Has been most of the season until now, but he's been just mostly standing there watching for 6 games. Glad they moved him out if he's not going to get dirty.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Well, we're ahead. I don't think we looked great a lot of this game, just sloppy with the puck a lot of times. Give credit to the Mavs though, as they are getting sticks in the way a lot and playing hard every shift.

Not much flow to the game with all the whistles to be fair. 9 total PP's in the game. Mavs pk is aggressive and our entry is lackadaisical so that makes for a lot of boring ice time skating after pucks.

Pk has been good and The Hammer has been huge. Just have to buckle down now and skate hard for 20 and get the W, boys.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

MSU beat Penn State 2-0...so that's weird.

What else is weird is watching the Gophers play. Saw them tonight and they dont look good. Not the fast and talented Gophers I'm used to seeing. They look slow and clunky.

That's fine by me bc I cant stand goofer hockey... just weird.
                            Last edited by druzy192; 11-08-2019, 09:23 PM.

Comment

You have to win some when you don't have you best stuff.

This game was won in the net and in the face off circle. Especially big defensive draw wins in the third. The individual play by Turcotte to turn the tide with a goal when the Badgers were up against it was huge as well.

Road win is big. Need to be better tomorrow and get the sweep.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Was great to hear a solid finish. When it got to 3-2 I got a little anxious. As WMB mentioned, nice to get a win when you're not at your best.
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X