This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
    A little dramatic, don’t you think? When was the last time a one-and-done class won a championship? Jack Eichel was the only instance I can think of but I think saying he won the championship is a bit belittling of his team.
    Jack Eichel did not win a championship. Providence won that year.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      Get serious. Wisconsin has been a mediocre program for 25 years. 1994 was the final year where you can say they were a year in and year out contender. So yeah, color me jaded or...realistic. Either way I want this program to be a contender in 4 out of every 5 years. This Granato’s 4th season and not only do I NOT see growth from the players from years 1, 2 and 3 I see they load up with talent in year 4 and 5 games into a 32-34 game season I get no sense they’ll be in the FF and let me tell ya, Granato needs that to keep the diehards from calling Barry.
      "This is a recording"

Comment

• Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
        "This is a recording"
        Maybe it is, "You can't handle the truth!" 😉

So what are the glaring problems? Power play last night BUT defense AGAIN this year. Talent or coaching? My opinion, time to look at the coaching defense. Is it Oz or Strobel?
        Last edited by MadCityRich; 10-26-2019, 11:44 AM.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

If the defense doesn’t improve, our cache in recruiting elite prospects or NHL clubs leaving them here to develop is going to disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            Maybe it is, "You can't handle the truth!" 😉

So what are the glaring problems? Power play last night BUT defense AGAIN this year. Talent or coaching? My opinion, time to look at the coaching defense. Is it Oz or Strobel?
            Strobel or Granato. Osiecki has proved otherwise.

Bought BTN+ to watch the women's team and the men's team tonight. Hopefully they both put up FAT W's and prove they are the two best teams on campus (women's team doesn't have to prove it, they are the best team on campus).

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
              Strobel or Granato. Osiecki has proved otherwise.

Bought BTN+ to watch the women's team and the men's team tonight. Hopefully they both put up FAT W's and prove they are the two best teams on campus (women's team doesn't have to prove it, they are the best team on campus).
              I think on both the 2nd and 3rd goals both our defensemen went into the corner and left a shooter in front of the net. I am a hockey coach and have often asked my defensemen when they do that if the other team can score from the corner? The difference is that over the last 4 years I have coached U10 and U12 girls teams.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                I think on both the 2nd and 3rd goals both our defensemen went into the corner and left a shooter in front of the net. I am a hockey coach and have often asked my defensemen when they do that if the other team can score from the corner? The difference is that over the last 4 years I have coached U10 and U12 girls teams.
                Goal 1, Kalynuk decided to press the shooter in a 2-on-1 situation. Result: Backhand top shelf goal
                Goal 2, Mersch turned the puck over right at center ice. Result: Breakaway backhand top shelf goal
                Goal 3, Emberson decided to press the forward, leaving two guys alone out front and Miller nowhere near them. Result: cross crease tap in over Lebedeff
                Goal 4, Was a 4-on-2 down low on a delayed penalty. Result: cross-ice tap in goal.

Two awareness mistakes by defensemen, one horrible turnover, and three forwards who didn't want to play defense on a delayed penalty.

Comment

I think goal 2 was really the key one in the game. Badgers had a PP and a couple of good shifts after getting beat up for the first 10 minutes of the second and it seemed like maybe they were going to get something going again. I feel a little for Mersch there even though it was a terrible turn over. He couldn't go to the wall like you would normally want to there because guys were changing and he didn't want to have the puck get to them and get a too many men penalty... so kind of good thinking, but he misplayed the pass badly and just put it on a tee for the Clarkies.

Goal 3 the puck turned over and Emberson got back in good shape as he and Miller turn at the same time. He is going to play the puck as Miller has the off side and will go to the net. Only problem is Miller trips on the far blue line and falls down, leaving no one at the net. Bad communication obviously, but Emberson clearly has no idea Miller isn't right behind him, he was when they turned.
                  Couple of unfortunate events, in a night full of them.

Just gotta shake it off, shake it off.

Clean up the mental stuff, make some adjustments on the PP, get more bodies at the net 5x5, and they can get the job done in a huge game tonight. Let's Go Red!!!
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Wisko with the Taylor Swift reference! Don't see that every day haha.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                      Wisko with the Taylor Swift reference! Don't see that every day haha.
                      Interesting... Todd hasn't received the lineup sheet yet, so it seems the coaches haven't yet decided which players are gonna play, play, play, play...
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                        Interesting... Todd hasn't received the lineup sheet yet, so it seems the coaches haven't yet decided which players are gonna play, play, play, play...
                        Lol! These lines though...

Weissbach-Baker-S. Dhooghe
                        Ahcan-Holloway-C. Caufield
                        Gorniak-Pelton-Byce-Lindmark
                        Zimmer-Messner-B. Caufield

Miller-Emberson
                        Kalynuk-Inamoto
                        Ess-Vorlicky

Lebedeff
                        Barry

Comment

And finally it's out. Big changes up front!

Linus Bakes Dhooghe

Achan Holloway Goal

Gorniak TPB Lindy

Zimmer Messner Caufield

Zim is in. Let's see if Maxie can get this train chugging down the right track.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Holloway with Caufield is certainly something fans have wanted to see, so fans get their wish.
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              And finally it's out. Big changes up front!

Linus Bakes Dhooghe

Achan Holloway Goal

Gorniak TPB Lindy

Zimmer Messner Caufield

Zim is in. Let's see if Maxie can get this train chugging down the right track.
                              At least Holloway is with Caufield now. Seems like Granato wants to spread out the talent rather than have a true top line.

At some point this year its gonna be Holloway Turcotte and Caufield on the same line. And its gonna be deadly.

I'd put Zimmer with Holloway and Caufield (tonight)
                              Last edited by druzy192; 10-26-2019, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Holloway Caufield Turcotte
                                Lindmark TPB Linus

Then whatever. Mix em up see what works. Will still be good/decent 3rd and 4th lines.

Comment

Working...
                                X