This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Ive got to admit, after last weekend I did NOT expect this. NO pop in the minuscule crowd. I had had enough and stood up to fire up the crowd and I got looked at like I was a whore in church. I have a feeling this young team will be like this all year.
    And that’s The crux of the problem. If Granato doesn’t get it done this year with Caufield and Turcotte, it just won’t happen when they’re Gone cause the pipeline doesn’t have a group like that.

So, what’s next then?
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

0-7 on the power play. Ouch. That was a clinic by Clarkson. It's like we had some good pressure in the first didn't go in and we folded.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        And that’s The crux of the problem. If Granato doesn’t get it done this year with Caufield and Turcotte, it just won’t happen when they’re Gone cause the pipeline doesn’t have a group like that.

So, what’s next then?
        Agreed. Fire wagon hockey with crap d isn't going to cut it. Especially once we lose two or three of these freshman.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          On a championship caliber team Baker is a 4th liner and Dhoogie is a 3-4th liner.
          Yeah so put Baker on 4th line, Dhoogie on Third. And have Holloway play with Lindmark and Byce on 2nd line. There you go.

Comment

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
            Granato said bringing Pelton-Byce up to play with Caufield and Linus. Surprised its not Holloway.
            In retrospect, this might have been the best idea!
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
              Yeah so put Baker on 4th line, Dhoogie on Third. And have Holloway play with Lindmark and Byce on 2nd line. There you go.
              Great idea!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                Agreed. Fire wagon hockey with crap d isn't going to cut it. Especially once we lose two or three of these freshman.
                Exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                  In retrospect, this might have been the best idea!
                  Seems pretty obvious to me. Maybe Granato is keeping Baker and Dhoogie on second line bc they are upperclassmen leaders. Well he should get over that. Second line of lindmark, Byce and Holloway would be best second line in country. And Holloway would have someone to pass to after he skates around 5 different people.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                    It's like we had some good pressure in the first didn't go in and we folded.
                    I think this is probably a lot of it tonight. Badgers hit the locker room with some frustration after the first and were probably going "Settle down, these guys aren't much. Just keep doing what we're doing and it'll all be just okie-dokie, fellas."

Meanwhile in Clarkson's locker room they were saying "We're playing like dogs! Let's get out there and kill somebody! Blood on the ice, boys!!!"
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

30 faceoffs won vs 22 faceoffs lost. ****ing positives yo!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

So, what’s next then?
                        A little dramatic, don’t you think? When was the last time a one-and-done class won a championship? Jack Eichel was the only instance I can think of but I think saying he won the championship is a bit belittling of his team.
                        I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                          30 faceoffs won vs 22 faceoffs lost. ****ing positives yo!
                          I think we also won the broken stick battle with at least 4. I wonder what the modern stick record is for a game?
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                            A little dramatic, don’t you think? When was the last time a one-and-done class won a championship? Jack Eichel was the only instance I can think of but I think saying he won the championship is a bit belittling of his team.
                            Get serious. Wisconsin has been a mediocre program for 25 years. 1994 was the final year where you can say they were a year in and year out contender. So yeah, color me jaded or...realistic. Either way I want this program to be a contender in 4 out of every 5 years. This Granato’s 4th season and not only do I NOT see growth from the players from years 1, 2 and 3 I see they load up with talent in year 4 and 5 games into a 32-34 game season I get no sense they’ll be in the FF and let me tell ya, Granato needs that to keep the diehards from calling Barry.
                            Last edited by solovsfett; 10-25-2019, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Also...73, 77, 81, 83, 90 with losses in the championship game in 82 and 92. Then a 14 year drought and now 13 and counting.

The bar was high, now...what are the expectations here really?

Comment

• We will win tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X