This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
    Per Milewski, K'Andre Miller has been suspended for a violation of team rules. Unclear if he will play next weekend. Won't participate in the scrimmage tomorrow.
    I would've given both my nuts to be as good as these guys, and some just **** it up. 😡. I'm not jumping the gun, Im sure the staff made sure he did whatever it was.

Just keep your ****ing noses clean, eh boys?
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      I would've given both my nuts to be as good as these guys, and some just **** it up. 😡. I'm not jumping the gun, Im sure the staff made sure he did whatever it was.

Just keep your ****ing noses clean, eh boys?
      So frustrating.

So can someone translate what happened at the scrimmage today? I was not able to follow live on twitter and all I know is they lads scored 105 goals. I hope they were using folding chairs or some peewee volunteers as goalies.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        So frustrating.

So can someone translate what happened at the scrimmage today? I was not able to follow live on twitter and all I know is they lads scored 105 goals. I hope they were using folding chairs or some peewee volunteers as goalies.
        Milewski's report indicates Ty Pelton-Byce and Lebedeff stood out.

In other somewhat related news, it appears Minnesota went to overtime in an exhibition game vs. Mount Royal last night (hockey club, not the drink) and the game ended in a 2-2 tie.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          So frustrating.

The score is not representational of a regular hockey game. They played two "halves" that consisted of 10 minutes of 5 on 5, five minutes of 4 on 4, then each team took four 1:15 power plays, then five minutes of 3 on 3, then a shootout (first half was just three shooters per team, second half shootout everyone on the bench got a crack) and they just tallied goals through it all.

Per Todd's story, K'Andre didn't play, but he was there. Saw him watching from the tunnel and he participated in the post-game autograph lines, so if I had to guess (and it is totally a guess) it was just what the story said - a team rule infraction (late to practice, or something similar). If you look at it, it actually makes perfect sense. This team has a lot of kids with big talent who have been individually told that they are great. That adds a tough angle for coaching at the amateur level - how do you prevent a sense of studs vs. journeymen when building a team. One way to get that message across without hurting the results that actually count is to let the team know that even the biggest stars aren't above infractions for any and all rules, and to do so on scrimmage weekend before the season starts to hopefully nip it in the butt.

The team looked so fast on the ice, but the most impressive part to me was seeing how that speed and skill has helped the D-squad step up this summer. Everything just looked so much sharper than last year. Lebedeff was facing the potential new scoring studs (particularly C. Caufield and Turcotte) and pretty much shut them down with some pretty great saves. Even better, he was fired up and as animated as ever, giving every chirp right back to the opposition. On the other end, S. Dhooge and Baker were really sharp. The event got me really excited for the real test that starts this weekend. Can't wait for Duluth weekend at the Kohl in two weeks to really see what this team is made of!

Comment

Great eval, S.P.

You mentioned the talent level and how to manage studs vs journeyman.

The coaches build the team, but it's up to the coaches and players alike. "Know your role".

The elite have to keep it real and KNOW they're on a TEAM. The USNTDP really stresses that. Good quality people already know this, and I believe we have quality people and not Prima Donas.

I can't wait to see these guys!

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
              The team looked so fast on the ice, but the most impressive part to me was seeing how that speed and skill has helped the D-squad step up this summer. Everything just looked so much sharper than last year. Lebedeff was facing the potential new scoring studs (particularly C. Caufield and Turcotte) and pretty much shut them down with some pretty great saves. Even better, he was fired up and as animated as ever, giving every chirp right back to the opposition. On the other end, S. Dhooge and Baker were really sharp. The event got me really excited for the real test that starts this weekend. Can't wait for Duluth weekend at the Kohl in two weeks to really see what this team is made of!
              Excellent synopsis. Just what I was looking for.

I hope the Hammer doesn't destroy any of the first rounders' scoring confidence. :O

Comment

Didn't know Pelton-Byce's whole story before but I am really pulling for the kid.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...623a62631.html

Depression is a very challenging to deal with and it is great that he is that open with what he has been dealing with and hope that he continues to get the support that he needs.
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

What a good story to read.

It’s an ongoing process, but happy to see Ty be so upfront about it. That’s strength.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    What a good story to read.

It’s an ongoing process, but happy to see Ty be so upfront about it. That’s strength.
                    I'd be interested in Hawvawd's reasoning for not giving him a pass on the 2 grades that got him kicked out of school when he had a medical diagnosis that could explain what happened with those classes. I'm just glad he's here and hopeful he can keep everything on the rails.

Comment

It looks like the games will be streamed for free on here: https://www.collegesportslive.com/vi...1213730705001/ Both friday and saturday show as Free.
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                        It looks like the games will be streamed for free on here: https://www.collegesportslive.com/vi...1213730705001/ Both friday and saturday show as Free.
                        Nice, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                          Going to be up in Rhinelander this weekend. Hopefully I can find functioning internet up there to watch it.

Thanks for the info!
                          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                            I wish we could post gif's on here. I'd be posting the jacked up toddler in the Penguin's jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              I wish we could post gif's on here. I'd be posting the jacked up toddler in the Penguin's jersey.
                              This kid isn't bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae3fFop9z-4

Comment

Any ideas on how the line chart will shake out? Here's what I see.

F1 Weissbach - Turcotte - C. Caufield
                                F2 Holloway - Baker - S. Dhooghe
                                F3 Gorniak - Lindmark - Pelton-Byce
                                F4 Ahcan - B. Caufield - R. Donovan
                                ES: Zimmer

D1 Miller - Kalynuk
                                D2 Ess - Emberson
                                D3 Inamoto - Vorlicky

PP1
                                Holloway - Turcotte - C. Caulfield
                                Miller - Kalynuk

PP2