X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
    I didnt watch the game because I assumed they would sh*t the bed again.
    I've been a fan for 35 years, I'll stick behind the lads unwaveringly and unconditionally. I may not be happy, but I'll never give up on them. On Wisconsin!
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I've been a fan for 35 years, I'll stick behind the lads unwaveringly and unconditionally. I may not be happy, but I'll never give up on them. On Wisconsin!
      Hahaha. It's not about not rooting for the Badgers or not being stoked when they win. OBVIOUSLY. It's that this smells like previous seasons and I have better stuff to do than be frustrated watching Badger Hockey losing. I hope they turn it around and I've been a big proponent of Granato and the young talent. But this looks like sh*t and you all know it. This is not good.
      Last edited by druzy192; 11-01-2019, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Atta boy Timmy!

Getting swept by PSU sucks, but in the big scheme of things it's only really going to suck if the boys don't learn a lesson and take a step forward. We have them again for 2, there's a lot of upside on this team, and only a little upside for PSU. They aren't going to be a lot better as the season goes on. Badgers can be. They have to be.

For those in a state of panic, if we go 0-1-1 next week, we'll match the start of the 13-14 team that went to the tournament as a #1 seed. I think we might be on the same pace as the 10 team... Oz's 90 team played nobodies to start good, but then went something like 8-8 in Dec-Jan until they got going and won 18 of the last 19.
        Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 11-01-2019, 08:54 PM.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          Atta boy Timmy!

Getting swept by PSU sucks, but in the big scheme of things it's only really going to suck if the boys don't learn a lesson and take a step forward. We have them again for 2, there's a lot of upside on this team, and only a little upside for PSU. They aren't going to be a lot better as the season goes on. Badgers can be. They have to be.

For those in a state of panic, if we go 0-1-1 next week, we'll match the start of the 13-14 team that went to the tournament as a #1 seed. I think we might be on the same pace as the 10 team... Oz's 90 team played nobodies to start good, but then went something like 8-8 in Dec-Jan until they got going and won 18 of the last 19.
          I hope you older dudes are right but i doubt it. We shall see

Comment

PSU looked a lot bigger and faster than the Badgers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodhotter View Post
              They are bigger, they're all like 30 years old!

I don't think they are faster skaters, just better at knowing where they're going faster. At home on big ice our skates will probably show better. (I hope.)
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Anyone notice that Badger players arent laying down to block shots?? I wonder what that is all about.

Comment

• Lots of learning to be done based off of this weekend. PSU is a good upperclassmen team.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    Panic no, but I fully expect to be disappointed this year again. Do you really think this is anything like the 90 or 2010 team? Keep dreaming..... Seriously take off the Cardinal colored glasses......
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      Panic no, but I fully expect to be disappointed this year again. Do you really think this is anything like the 90 or 2010 team? Keep dreaming..... Seriously take off the Cardinal colored glasses......
                      No, of course I don't, but I don't think the season is over either. I was just trying to illustrate it's not so much how you start, it's how much better you can get as the season goes along. I think in '13 we started 2-7-1 and made the tournament. PSU is an overwhelming favorite to win the B1G. Winning one on the road there would have been great, but the Badgers are picked 3-4 in the B1G so it's not a shock to me we lost and they were better.
                      3-4 in the B1G is probably going to have a good chance to get in this year. No need to write them off yet. As has been proven over the last several years, a ticket to the tournament is all you need. A great part of the fun of watching Badger hockey over the years to me has been watching these teams grow up throughout the season and very occasionally, become really great teams.

If you don't watch, or write them off early, you miss some of the best parts of the Badgers. Watching them overcome obstacles and adversity and growing up before your eyes. It's pretty cool when they are able to put it together and go on a run, especially late in the year.
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                        Was listening to the post game when Pos mentioned we play @ UNO and goalie Isaiah Saville next week. Occurred to me the quality of goalies we're seeing early in the year. Started with BC's Spencer Knight, the #1 draft eligible guy in the world last year. UMD's Hunter Shepard, who has won close to 60 games and backstopped two titles the last two years. Clarkie's Frank Marotte is #6 in the country with .945 sv% and Peyton Jones is #3 with a .950. And next week's Saville was the #1 goalie in the USHL last year. Quite a murderer's row.
                        If the team was good this doesn’t matter. They can’t use this as an excuse
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                          Atta boy Timmy!

The 13-14 team was grossly overrated and found out in game 1 of the tourney.

The 90 team felt like the 05-06 team. They had the leadership and you could feel something special would happen.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Rodhotter View Post
                            They were/are also exponentially better and more well coached.

Comment

Hey guys, I'm a Penn State fan. You guys should not panic for several reasons.

1) You played a really good team on road laden with upperclassmen who first time ever are getting great goaltending and doing the little things
                              2) You have a mass amount of young talent
                              3) Games were much closer than scores indicate, PSU got some fortunate goals the past few nights
                              4) Next week you play Omaha who is #2 in early pairwise, please sweep them and you move up fast!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                If the team was good this doesn’t matter. They can’t use this as an excuse
                                Who said it was an excuse? I just thought it was sort of an anomaly that you'd run into that many high end guys in such a short span.

Badgers aren't getting traffic in front of the net on these guys and everybody knows you seldom snipe your way to wins against high end goalies. Even with the snipers in the line up we have. Team has to get a lot tougher down low. Should fly in Hobey Blake for a practice or two to show them how you get 20 PP goals by just fighting it out 5 feet from the net.
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X