Ahcan-Holloway-C. Caufield
    Gorniak-Pelton-Byce-Lindmark
    Zimmer-Messner-B. Caufield

Miller-Emberson
    Kalynuk-Inamoto
    Ess-Vorlicky

Lebedeff
    Barry
    Granato should put Donovan in for one of these defensemen. Show the "NHL Draft Pick Blue Line Club" that they cant coast around and make mental mistakes and still expect to play.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
      Holloway Caufield Turcotte
      Lindmark TPB Linus

Then whatever. Mix em up see what works. Will still be good/decent 3rd and 4th lines.
      As long as they are committed to keeping PP and PK separate, which Tony seems pretty set on, probably not going to see Lindy in the top six.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        As long as they are committed to keeping PP and PK separate, which Tony seems pretty set on, probably not going to see Lindy in the top six.
        I get that. Lindmark has alot more offensive potential than what was advertised coming in.

Comment

• Team is playing pretty sloppy in the d-zone. I don’t think Miller knows where he is supposed to be position wise.

Comment

Better put a dollar or two on the tv boys, we need to buy a goal!
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

BTN has no sound... anyone have any other link that has audio, score and time?

Comment

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                BTN has no sound... anyone have any other link that has audio, score and time?
                I have WIBA on iheart and then you just have to get it synched up as the radio is a little delayed. It's working out fine once you get it together. So dumb that there's no audio. Not even a hot mike in the KC.

On the bright side, we bought a couple goals. I'm going to try and buy a couple more!
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Long way off yet but that could be a real difference making goal come March. Man, what a finish!

It wasn't pretty, but the boys battled and got a big Win. Good thing it didn't go to OT because the Badgers just looked gassed late in this game. It's not surprising really, it was a heck of a hard, physical game with a lot of pace, and when you are constantly fighting for pucks with guys 20-30-40 pounds heavier than you, it can really take a toll over time.

Stick taps to the Clarkies, that is one hard to play against team and I have to believe they're going to win a bunch of games the rest of the way.

Much room to grow for the young Badgers, and lots to learn, but they are off to a pretty good start to the year.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Lots of crickets when the badgers win huh? Weird. Wins a win.

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                      Lots of crickets when the badgers win huh? Weird. Wins a win.
                      Lindmark was clutch!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                        Holloway Caufield Turcotte
                        Lindmark TPB Linus

Then whatever. Mix em up see what works. Will still be good/decent 3rd and 4th lines.
                        💥!
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

It was a nice series, you honored the 4 year arrangement to travel to the middle of nowhere twice so I respect Wisconsin a lot. Minnesota backed right out of our agreement. Our older team is very structured but I’m proud to say for the most part we play a clean hard game, if I were a Wisconsin fan I’d think our young team really grew over the weekend. Your whole defensive group struggled in their own end against Brosseau - Dunne - Egle all weekend and on Saturday especially Lebedeff bailed you out against that line especially. I know most of you don’t follow the ECAC but you guys or maybe Cornell were the toughest remaining games on our schedule, we should steamroll through the ECAC and even our non conference series against Arizona State, Michigan Tech, and SLU so we should be a top 10 Pairwise team, I guess a bubble team at our worst so that split shouldn’t hurt at all. Good luck the rest of the season and maybe we will meet again.
                          Last edited by techtodenver; 10-27-2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

I loved seeing the power play get clicking again, even if goals didn't come. When they set up and start shifting around the blue line, it's the same thing they did before this weekend, and they looked great doing it. As soon as they found an opening to attack on Friday, Clarkson seemed to be all over whoever the first receiver was (or the rebound if the first move was a long shot). Even when it was still 0-0, it was refreshing to see them creating chances again like we know they can.

That was a wild one, even with a bunch of people leaving early to avoid the end-of-the-game drama!

Now I'm going to get on my soapbox for a "for all you kids/players/coaches/fans-who-repeat-a-cliche-that-sounds-reasonable-until-you-think-about-it out there" message:

I watched the game-winning-goal again, and I made sure to save and bookmark it for any time someone's confused about how to defend a 2-on-1. The thing where you let the goalie "take the shooter" and the one defender "takes the pass" is ridiculous, and always has been. In those situations, one of the most effective ways to "take the pass" is by proactively pressuring the puck carrier. You still have to be extra sure not to over-commit and fly through to the outside, but it's a heck of a lot easier to defend a pass there than right in the middle of the potential passing line, with two guys on opposite sides of you, where a slight speed change drastically changes that line between the two players.

I mean, look at it! (link) The Clarkson player is clearly 100% focused on defending a crossing pass on the back end rather than the point of attack. This opens up space for Ahcan to have a breakaway and make a move that you can only make with a clear path to the goal. Even though he doesn't score, it's a lot harder for the goalie to deal with, and suddenly there's a loose puck for Lindmark to get to.

It's not like there's some magical 2-on-1 superpowers that set in that allow a player being actively checked to make exactly the pass they want to a guy on the other side of a defender who is right in their face. However, that's the "logic" of the "you take the shooter, and I'll take the pass" cliche. It assumes that by proactively pressuring the puck carrier, you will absolutely (or probably) will allow a clean crossing pass to the other attacker, and you must therefore not do so....and that forgets the obvious part where you're still defending the pass if you take the puck carrier. In fact, if you're not going to go after the puck carrier, the next easiest place to defend the pass (even in a hypothetical situation where you literally only care about defending the pass) is to be right on the potential pass receiver. Anything right in the middle (as opposed to being right on either the puck carrier or receiver) is so much harder to defend. And if you take the option of going over to the potential receiver, you truly are giving the other team a breakaway.

And if you tuned out after the third sentence for "never played the game at a high enough level to say anything about things you see" reasons, ask Justin Bourne (link).

Comment

You can argue it, but I've never believed the D should take the pass. Always think the D should close on the puck carrier as early as possible and try to separate him from the puck. Force them to do more things at a speed that's less comfortable for them to beat you, i.e. pass, catch, shoot. (Of course the goalie should know you are going to be taking the puck.) Make them beat you and then also beat your goalie to score.

Best D I've ever seen play at UW never played half way or the pass, they dictate the play and force the puck carrier to an action. I think Emberson is one of the better D in the country on a rush and I don't think I've ever seen him play the pass, he closes quick to plant the puck carrier or take the puck away.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                You can argue it, but I've never believed the D should take the pass. Always think the D should close on the puck carrier as early as possible and try to separate him from the puck. Force them to do more things at a speed that's less comfortable for them to beat you, i.e. pass, catch, shoot. (Of course the goalie should know you are going to be taking the puck.) Make them beat you and then also beat your goalie to score.
                                And I would argue that that is taking the pass, just more effectively.

When I was watching the play live, my only thoughts were "ahhh! A chance! Bllaaahhhh! Aww-AAUHHFHGHGOOOAAALLL!!" (I also saw it from the side, so I didn't see quite how much the D-man backed off laterally. But even head on, I wouldn't have been thinking of that in that moment!)

Comment

Working...
                                X