X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
    MSU beat Penn State 2-0...so that's weird.
    Terribly frustrating game as PSU fan. 48 official shots and another 31 that were blocked, and some missed open nets. Unacceptable though
    to score 6 one night and then get shutout the next. But MSU looked like they were playing for a 0-0 tie and got a lucky bounce.

But very nice win for yourselves and the conference with win over Omaha. Thanks!

Comment

I’m really starting to hate ped state at an almost gopher/rat level.
      Seriously guys, gtfo of UW thread, mkay?

Thanks, Management.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Fat road out-of-conference W's are always nice! Gotta keep it going tonight!

Comment

• Nice road win with Holloway getting the gate. Didn't get to watch so appreciate descriptions from those who did.

Messner is another guy I think has played well and that trend seems to be continuing.

I'm taking my family to the Friday night Notre Dame game. That will be my first chance to see them in person.

They need another road win tonight

Comment

Yeah, but also: Happy Valley should be razed to the ground.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
              Nice road win with Holloway getting the gate. Didn't get to watch so appreciate descriptions from those who did.

Messner is another guy I think has played well and that trend seems to be continuing.

I'm taking my family to the Friday night Notre Dame game. That will be my first chance to see them in person.

They need another road win tonight
              Messner has been good and he was really good last night. Big role in the success of the PK and was a guy like Achan who is constantly moving his feet, hustling, and trying to win his shift every time over the boards. That kind of play from more guys is so huge for this young team.

Rewatched a little of the game today and a couple more observations. The first ten minutes or so was really really intense. Both teams were pointed downhill and just trying to run each other over. The whistles started after that and it took all the flow out of the game, but that first ten was blistering.

Watched it about 20 times and IMO Holloway getting tossed was completely bogus. Would love to hear the explanation behind the call. Holloway is skating through the slot, outside the crease and Saville just slides out and across right into Holloway. (again, outside the crease.) Yes, Saville gets clipped in the head, but that's only because Saville is on his knees and Holloway is standing up and Saville goes headfirst into Hollway's path. Holloway isn't even looking at Saville. Holloway has every right to skate through the slot all day long.

Omaha really worked hard the whole way and were excellent at getting sticks in lanes and disrupting play. They were also very tough in front of their net, so much so that I'm a little surprised they didn't get some penalties there for interference or x-checking once the whistles started blowing regularly. (Not suggesting they should have been penalized, just that they were hard and aggressive there)

Think Goal and Linus might have been getting a little frustrated at not getting the puck in the net. The PP seems to be squeezing the sticks tighter and tighter the longer they go without success. There are plays available to make so hopefully some adjustments are made overnight and they can get that thing cranked up again.

Hard to beat any team on back to back nights. Badgers can get it done though if they just stick to their game and work their asses off tonight. Let's Go RED!
              Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 11-09-2019, 03:25 PM.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

So I still think the Badgers are underperforming. I think theres a discipline problem with this team, especially the defensemen.

However the Badgers were 3-13 or something in their last 17 Friday night games on the road. So getting that win is big. A win is a win. Got lots of work to do though.

Comment

No Inamoto tonight which blows. I think Tyler has been playing great and has been a real life saver at times covering behind Kalynuk.

Jesper is in with Vorlicky and Ess moves to play with Wyatt.

Zimms and Ryder are also in for Gorniak and Caufield. Wonder if Gorniak was shaken up on the CFB he took last night as I thought he was pretty hard to play against last night as well. Thought Zimmer acquitted himself well last week with a lot of hustle so hopefully that carries over here and he can build on it.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                    So I still think the Badgers are underperforming. I think theres a discipline problem with this team, especially the defensemen.

However the Badgers were 3-13 or something in their last 17 Friday night games on the road. So getting that win is big. A win is a win. Got lots of work to do though.
                    3-13 does not equal 17. Equals 16 Must be the paint thinner. As much as I hate the goofs I miss the ood days when those dbags would troll this thread. More fun that way
                    Last edited by druzy192; 11-09-2019, 05:51 PM.

Comment

MSU beat Penn State 2-0...so that's weird.
                      5-1 PSU in the second. Not at all weird tonight.
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                        5-1 PSU in the second. Not at all weird tonight.
                        I would think a physical hard hitting team would be able to put PSU in there place. Their recruits aren't that great it's not like they are full of NHL talent.

Put them in the boards and rough em up a bit. Its still hockey not ballet

Comment

I would think a physical hard hitting team would be able to put PSU in there place. Their recruits aren't that great it's not like they are full of NHL talent.

Put them in the boards and rough em up a bit. Its still hockey not ballet
                          Can't hit what you can't catch and they really push the puck fast. I wouldn't knock their talent too much, 7 draft picks plus four or five more that will sign pro contracts for sure, Limoges, Biro, Folkes, Sucese, Bell... those guys are all AHL and up players IMO.

Ugh... we have all the jump and they roll a weird bounce in to start the second.

Let's go boys! Get it back!
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Man, Caufield can't buy a goal lately. He's had 4 high quality chances, and just can't get it in.
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Good PP there but it remains snakebit. Got 3-4 of the shots we wanted, but no go.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• *** was that? Just run into Lebedeff on a play where he had it covered.

Comment

Working...
                                X