X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Can't wait to get to the KC tonight.

DROP THE PUCK!!!!
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

24 NHL scouts in the building tonight. Chris Peters will be there as well I guess.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Kalynuks play has been dissapointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
          Kalynuks play has been dissapointing.
          I was just coming to say he hasn’t been what I’ve come to expect. His breakout on the power play might be the easiest read across hockey. Always the stupid drop pass.

PK looks like a triangle with a chaser forward up top. Horrible setup. Just run a ****ing box like everyone else.

Comment

I gotta say --> Holloway kid can really play that hockey!
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Kalynuk is making so many mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                The "golden age" may be over, but they're far below even conservatively realistic potential, because they spent multiple cycles of students just kind of assuming that the fan base would take care of itself, forgetting that each new class needs an introduction, and two of the key elements of marketing are to inform and remind.

Promotional efforts make a huge difference in introducing new fans to Wisconsin Hockey and what it's all about, and they've only recently begun to right that ship. So many students - sports fans, even hockey fans - pass through campus giving no thought to UW hockey beyond an abstract awareness of its existence ("yeah I guess it's a thing...we always suck, right?"). Make it an attractive product, people try it out, they start to really get it, and some of them stick as fans. Every spring when I was a student, the outer layers would come off, NHL playoffs would start, and the amount of visible hockey fans was insane (even compared to other sports).

Or in short: Inspiring more interest results in more interest, and it's easy to inspire more interest when your starting point is short of doing even the most basic things that any major program should always be doing.

Edit: FWIW, I thought they should've been putting out more stuff even when the team was straight-up bad and the results weren't exactly selling the team. I still wanted it in the general consciousness of sports fans here.
                Agree 100% with this. I was a frosh in the Badgers hey day (89-90). At that time, they called attention to hockey - during registration week, they had events for the incoming freshmen with the band, where they instructed on fight song lyrics, and kind of had a mini 5th quarter. They talked about season tickets for students and how to get them for all sports - with hockey mentioned on the same level with football. At the time, it was extremely difficult for freshmen to get student tickets, (priority was by class), and the few who got them had to stand in line for hours, preserving their spot to get them. Many incoming students didn't know anything about hockey, but everyone got the message it was fun/the thing to do early on at these things. I remember the hockey games being carried on 2 different radio stations live (had trouble getting any Milwaukee Bucks radio if they had a game on a hockey night). Yes, UW was a hockey power at the time which helped draw people; but the university also advertised. They had clearly stopped putting forth any marketing campaign a couple years after the 2006 championship.

Comment

Team's the real deal. Defense still needs work. But here we go finally its ******** game time

Comment

Defense didn’t look terrible tonight.

Agree that kalynuk needs to knock it off with those drop passes
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

****, only caught the first period. Caulfield is on pace to break the Wisconsin goal scoring record. Jesus. 6 goals already?!?!
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

How the hell did Wisconsin get Cole Caufield?? That kid looks unreal.... seriously though does he have family there?

Comment

That was a terrific result. A fun time was had by all. Therefore, we shall rejoice.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                            That was a terrific result. A fun time was had by all. Therefore, we shall rejoice.
                            Great game , not a hockey guru like y’all. But I think we don’t have to fire Granato this weekend, the hammer looked great and the boys seemed to play well...like a veteran team, other than the already mentioned drop passes! . How important were the 2 guys who got tossed to UMD?
                            They out tomorrow too?

Comment

Originally posted by Bratbill View Post
                              Great game , not a hockey guru like y’all. But I think we don’t have to fire Granato this weekend, the hammer looked great and the boys seemed to play well...like a veteran team, other than the already mentioned drop passes! . How important were the 2 guys who got tossed to UMD?
                              They out tomorrow too?
                              Perunovich (went for grabbing face mask early ) is an all-american and their best player, so yeah, pretty important. Both doggies will be eligible to play tomorrow.

I agree that Hammer was pretty good. Ringo mentioned it and I thought so as well that he made a couple of HUGE saves in the first when the Badgers were getting really disorganized. He gave the boys a chance to settle down and get back on track.
                              Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 10-18-2019, 10:50 PM.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
                                How the hell did Wisconsin get Cole Caufield?? That kid looks unreal.... seriously though does he have family there?
                                He's from Wisconsin and his brother is a sophomore here.
                                Wisconsin Badgers

National Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90 & 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X