X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kalynuk is a liability.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
      ...but the game was on Fox Sports Wisconsin!
      But here, in upstate New York, it was on FCS-Pacific (or maybe FCS-Atlantic or both). Tonight's Badger game is on FCS-Pacific with the Golden Rodent's game on FCS-Atlantic.
      Last edited by UCBadger; 10-19-2019, 09:04 PM.
      2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
      2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
      2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
      2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
      2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
      2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
      2009 D-III TOP runner-up
      Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
      1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
        Kalynuk is a liability.
        Was busy with the kids tonight. I believe this without question, but am curious to know what he did this time. It couldn’t have been too catastrophic, as the lone Bulldog goal wasn’t unassisted.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          Was busy with the kids tonight. I believe this without question, but am curious to know what he did this time. It couldn’t have been too catastrophic, as the lone Bulldog goal wasn’t unassisted.
          Actually, he fell over and that allowed the Bulldog player to get a better position to put the puck in the net (and he did).

Kalynuk is truly awful at his decision making and passing. Turns the puck over like it’s going out of style. He did the same crap drop pass on the power play breakout tonight that went right to a UMD player and forced Turcotte to take a penalty while trying to make up for it. This play has to be by design because he does the drop pass every time and it’s predictable. It’s a whole bunch of mistakes that I don’t expect from a junior and captain.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

That was terrific!

...so of course I come to this thread and the only topic is that it's time to freak out about Kalynuk blowing a tire at the wrong time.

Comment

In case you missed it:

Turcotte's PP goal: https://streamable.com/2b356

Ty Pelton-Byce's goal: https://streamable.com/whx9y

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                That was terrific!

...so of course I come to this thread and the only topic is that it's time to freak out about Kalynuk blowing a tire at the wrong time.
                Well, I had to drive back to Stevens Point but overall I am very happy with the weekend!

-Goal scoring
                -Goaltending

Needs Work:
                -passing
                -defensive zone awareness

I thought we controlled play for much of the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                  It was an interesting night.

Volleyball game certainly pulled some of the crowd away, especially one of the most important parts of the gameday experience (Phil!)
                  Sat next to Phil's wife at the WHB luncheon and he had surgery 4 weeks ago and had to watch from home. So he wasn't at volleyball either....

EDIT I obviously needed to read further in the thread to see it's already been answered.....
                  Last edited by WiscTJK; 10-21-2019, 08:32 AM.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I watched Friday's game last night. I'd call that as solid of a performance as I have seen out of a TG team yet. I'm most excited about the D play in the NZ and DZ, no glaring *** screw ups and solid goaltending. Hoping to watch game 2 tonight.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                      That was terrific!

Right on WiscDc. K is struggling. he will improve yet. Its confidence.

Other than the fall he played ok Saturday night.

Comment

Congrats to the Badgers on the sweep, they surely deserved it. UMD looked nothing like their usual selves. Badgers looked speedy.

From my first trip to Madison in 20+ years I take from it:
                        Love the Kohl Center; all the Badger signs, etc were great and really like the layout of the stadium.
                        The top deck was pitiful, very sad that basically you could have a pick of any seat (Friday especially)
                        Students and band were great, although couldn't hear them well
                        I like the look of the women's rink, especially since it was right next door, but sadly couldn't get inside
                        The farmer's market was fantastic. It looping around the Capital is really neat.
                        Great view of the Capital rooftop, although it was a little confusing how to get up there (I think the 4th set of stairs we finally figured it out)
                        Madison as a town is great, nice and hilly
                        Right next to the hotel we were at (Middleton) there was a restaurant burned completely through and through, only a shell left. Sad.
                        On the trip into town there was a Sheriff car overturned on it's roof. Hopefully everyone is ok, I need to search the news.
                        Always have had a soft spot for the Badgers. It's something along the line of "the enemy of my enemy".
                        Dirty: Why {shouldn't Grand Valley State} not just go the Miami way to fund DI? Rob banks and sell drugs.
                        bigmrg74: GVSU has some speed, but not that kind of speed.

Comment

I never thought I'd do this chant on my own team, but "O VER-RA TED!". Let's see how they do against Clarkson before we crown their arses.

It was a VERY encouraging weekend, only allowing 3 goals is like it's 2006 again. When's the last time that happened? Seems like years ago.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            I never thought I'd do this chant on my own team, but "O VER-RA TED!". Let's see how they do against Clarkson before we crown their arses.

It was a VERY encouraging weekend, only allowing 3 goals is like it's 2006 again. When's the last time that happened? Seems like years ago.
                            Yeah something we haven't seen in awhile. We're ranked number six. Time will tell, boys
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

It's pretty simple Timmy:

Providence lost to Holy Cross, who lost to Merrimack, who lost to the Badgers. Transitive hockey property =[(#6) Badgers > (#7) Province'd]!
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Faceoff stats spreadsheet has been updated. Strangely the stats on the Saturday night game actually match the actual faceoff stats.

Maybe they have ghost faceoffs....
                                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Working...
                                X