This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    They aren't coached to have the F's all fly the zone, they're coached to play as a unit of 5 as we've heard 1000 times from the staff now.

F's are just given the freedom to make decisions based on the situation on the fly, as opposed to Eaves much more structured rules of what you could or couldn't do. With Eaves you could almost just put some X's on the ice and that's where the F's were going to go on the exchange. That's sort of Lombardi style of saying "This is what we're going to do, but we're going to execute it so well you still won't stop us."

Granato is trying to play a pro style with a lot of reads. More like receivers and QB's reading the D and adjusting routes on the fly based on the situation. Mentally it's much harder I think, but very effective when everybody is on the same page. Why they aren't on the same page, why we have 3 F's flying the zone early, why they make some of the silly plays they do, is a conundrum. Seems like a lack of confidence in what they are doing system-wise, some panic and a belief they need to cheat the zone in order to score and get back in the game, sets in when they go down a goal or two. But that doesn't even make sense to me anymore, because when they play as a unit of five and on the same page, they've been really good and effective vs. anybody. I just do not get what the players are or aren't thinking.
    Well said,

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
      So where on your fans? Your guys cant draw flies any more. Must going to the Wild and high school games. We are having attendance problems too but not like that. Thats really bad Gopher fans. Must have moved to football.

Your prices are too high for one.
      Ticket prices are insane. Then add in parking, food, drink (not necessarily booze), family in tow, and other options on how to watch the game. I mentioned last night in Gopher Puck Live Chat that we've been spoiled (esp UND, MN, WI) in attendance in the past. Out east? They would LOVE crowds of more than 4-5K. Here? ZOMG IT'S DEAD!

It's a different time, and teams have been slow to accept that, and adapt to it.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It’s not working with Granato. Full stop.

And hearing him throw Lebedeff under the bus is appalling. Not only do the guys teammates shaft him constantly with their play, but now the coach is going to bench instead of any number of poor defensemen?

I hope Rowe and Grannan, or any other goalie recruit, aren’t paying attention to this.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
          It’s a weird combination of no shows in the high priced areas combined with a lack of ability to gain new fans because the team isn’t great and they don’t do a ton to engage fans outside of the student section in any way. Pricing is certainly a factor for the latter, I have friends who went to the U and like hockey, they could walk to the stadium but just have zero interest in going and price is usually the first thing that comes up.

I’ve been arguing that they need to figure out a way to do better in that area, the local MLS team seems to have figured this out, they have some back and forth chants among sections of the crowd for instance, badger games they have that guy holding up signs and getting fans to cheer. Unfortunately I haven’t seen much of anything change there for gopher hockey and at some point relying on a tradition doesn’t really work when the team is no longer a dominant program and all the other changes to college hockey and the conference realignment that have been talked about ad nauseum.
          Min-NEE-So-Tah! NEE-NEE-NEE-NEE (I was a NEE section person at one time.)

Comment

Zims in for Gorniak, not sure if that's play, or injury or just getting the Senior some ice time and maybe adding some offensive potential.

Still a Jack in the lineup though as Jack B is in to SAVE the day. Rest of the lines are the same, we'll see if that survives contact with the enemy though.

Let's Go RED!
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Miller is so bad that I honestly hope he leaves after this year.

Comment

Miller needs to be benched until he wants to show some desire to play. Everything looks like a Sunday skate.

Comment

I don't know what could be wrong with Miller? He was a Monster before he got hurt late last year. He has to get going or he's going to be a Senior here.

The F's weren't flying the zone early, so that was an improvement. Miller gave up on a puck in the slot that should have been an easy one, Cole blows a couple of chances, including a wide open net.

PUT THE PUCK IN THE $*&$@%!! NET!

Glad the Dhooghster is back on the ice.

That two bouncer and in off Kalynuk reminds me of a goal ND scored on Rumpel to take us out of the tournament in 2014. Ugh.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

*** kind of call is that?
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Roughing? on a guy with the puck in the slot? Have got to be kidding me.
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

That was an official guessing as to what he missed. Made himself look like a total jack***

Comment

This team looks lost. Andringa looking for a leader to step up.

Comment

Originally posted by srkbadger View Post
                            This team looks lost. Andringa looking for a leader to step up.
                            No kidding. This is going to kill Ringo for chrissakes.

Miller has looked like a guy that wants to go to the AHL at the break.

We also have terrible discipline on shift changes. Minnesota is skating 3 lines, we should be changing short, not staying out there for two and a half minutes like Kalynuk did before shooting that puck into gopher skates and giving up the odd man rush for the third goph goal.
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Hey!
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Alvarez needs to make a change in March, this just is not working.
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X