This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    I try to stay out of hockey analytics since (most long-time posters know) I was really into it until about 2010.

But, what do you guys think of Vorlicky's play? I kind of "spot shadowed" him last night since I/we have been critical of the defense. He played well last night, but I never followed just him before.
    Havnt watched him specifically. But he looks strong with the puck and makes assertive decisions. Surprised he didn't get drafted.

Comment

• Thought Ess was really good last night. He stood out a few times when paired up with Miller.

The Irish seemed to use their physical strength in the faceoff circle last night. They would "ram" the UW center up high and just try to blast him. I'm not sure if that was an attempt to win that draw or get the UW centers to tense up for future draws and throw them off. It seemed to work though. Turcotte was very intense in the faceoff circle but did not seem to win much.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        Yessir; defensemen are kind of like offensive linemen; you REALLY don't want to hear their name unless they're on the point during a power play.

What would make for a complete weekend? Badger FB win, Badger hockey SWEEP, and the goofs losing in football.
        Speaking of the PP point, I thought Miller played his best game of the year. Wonder if he didn't like his role on the PP so much either and responded to being put out top, by playing better in the rest of his game as well. He made a bunch of huge stick checks in the 2nd and 3rd on rushes that I think really frustrated the Irish F's as they had to feel they had him beat. Need a lot more of that from him.
        Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 11-16-2019, 05:06 PM.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by DPlaya View Post

It felt like Notre Dame sat back defensively and did not attack as much which allowed UW more time, but maybe I'm crazy. Maybe UW's speed caused them to give a little bigger cushion.
          Hard to say. Maybe ND just had an off night and played a stinker. Or maybe UW is really that good when they can do the basic stuff right and then their speed and skill advantage shows itself when the opportune moment arises.

ND didn't impress me at all. Hopefully that was because UW played that good.

Im leaning toward UW is just THAT good when they play fundamental hockey.... but we'll see with this program

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
            Thought Ess was really good last night. He stood out a few times when paired up with Miller.

The Irish seemed to use their physical strength in the faceoff circle last night. They would "ram" the UW center up high and just try to blast him. I'm not sure if that was an attempt to win that draw or get the UW centers to tense up for future draws and throw them off. It seemed to work though. Turcotte was very intense in the faceoff circle but did not seem to win much.
            Holloway writes a little about faceoffs in his Draft Diary, Here.

See that maneuver a lot when anyone's on the PP in college, just drive the guy out and leave the puck for your extra guy to sweep up. Will watch closer tonight to see.
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Thers nothing like a blocked shot that will get a team fired up. Whew!!! Let's do it.

I'm jacked.

Comment

Badger goals are pretty, ND goals are ugly!

Man that play from Holloway to Linus back to Holloway was beautiful. Can't believe how Dylan passed it, then moved to create space for himself and Linus touches it right back to him for the one timer. Gorgeous play.

Exciting first, no quit in the boys after those ND goals. Good to see. Irish having lots of trouble with Badger speed. Let's Go RED!
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

ND won that period, now the Badgers having trouble with Irish physicality. Still, it's Morris with some big saves on Caufield, et.al. on golden opportunities to keep the Badgers off the board. Gotta get some of those in the net.

Irish have been a 3rd period team all year and the Badgers not so much, especially when trailing. Good time to flip that around and get some B1G points.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Ouch Badger fans, tough loss there lol

Gotta lock that down there though

Comment

Jesus Christ. Score Coal. God.

Comment

There are no moral victories. Split is a failure. And 6-6 is not acceptable. The team "looks" better. But 6-6 is no acceptable.

Comment

Good effort tonight, good game. The effort put forward these 2 games should pay off if it continues.

We had plenty of chances..5 or 6 breakaways.
                          Neutered Dames had chances.
                          We didn't finish.
                          They did.
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                            Good effort tonight, good game. The effort put forward these 2 games should pay off if it continues.

We had plenty of chances..5 or 6 breakaways.
                            Neutered Dames had chances.
                            We didn't finish.
                            They did.
                            Agree with all of this.
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotch View Post
                              Ouch Badger fans, tough loss there lol

Gotta lock that down there though
                              Why does ped state care so much about Wisconsin hockey?
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                Why does ped state care so much about Wisconsin hockey?
                                ha ha I didn't until the Ped State nonsense. And even when we swept your asses I did not post. But I will enjoy swooping down and kicking you when down which should be quite often.

You really only have one good player and he's leaving this year.

Sick analysis by that MadCity Rich though lol

Comment

Working...
                                X