This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Badger_Bretzky View Post
    I think Aaron Rodgers said it best when he said, "R-E-L-A-X". We're one whole game into the season and we want to fire the coaching staff and send our goalie packing? Really?! Tony definitely gets some blame for hyping everyone's expectations the way he did, but my goodness people. We got beat by a very good team tonight. Do we have some areas that need improvement? Uh, yeah. Just take some deep breaths and "relax". Let's give the boys and the coaches a chance to get it together. Oh, and brace yourselves for next weekend, we may get beat again, but this team has the firepower we've been wanting for several years. I'm excited to see what they can do.
    Yeah, relax. Bs. Wisconsin hockey hasn’t been a Power in 25 years and you say relax?

I expect better. I expect it now or the coaches can pack up and go.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      That's just SOP every year for the Badgers. Coaches are always extended in the summer. Until they're not.

Solo is notoriously negative so I don't worry about it too much. With a bunch of young studs, this year is a "Climbing the Mountain" type of year. They have to start here and then get better every week. Ton of upside to these young guys, so it's a matter of how high can they get from now until March?

I kind of threw Baker under the bus earlier, but to be fair he's not alone. S. Dhooghe was in the same boat. I just about threw my drink at the TV on a play where the puck came out past Sean in the Neutral zone on a break out. He missed it and as it slid away he just coasted.... until he realized that the lone D had his back turned to the puck and then made a few half-hearted strides after the puck, which eventually resulted in an icing. If he'd have just been going all out the whole way he'd have beat the sleepy D deep to the puck and created something. Man I was ticked at that kind of lazy play.

Holloway is a monster talent, but he's got to have help in getting the puck on his stick. That line sucked tonight and they either have to turn it up by eleven or so, or switch things around. That's my beef today.
      I’m not a Pollyanna. Sorry. When will YOU get sick of Wisconsin being outplayed and out coached?
      When will you expect them to meet badger bob standards?

Edit: “climbing the mountain”??? Seriously? After Eaves and talking about no less than 4 1st round nhl picks (including Holloway)? BC’s frosh exhibited skill and poise and kicked our guys around.
      So...?
      Last edited by solovsfett; 10-12-2019, 12:28 AM.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Originally posted by Badger_Bretzky View Post
        I think Aaron Rodgers said it best when he said, "R-E-L-A-X". We're one whole game into the season and we want to fire the coaching staff and send our goalie packing? Really?! Tony definitely gets some blame for hyping everyone's expectations the way he did, but my goodness people. We got beat by a very good team tonight. Do we have some areas that need improvement? Uh, yeah. Just take some deep breaths and "relax". Let's give the boys and the coaches a chance to get it together. Oh, and brace yourselves for next weekend, we may get beat again, but this team has the firepower we've been wanting for several years. I'm excited to see what they can do.
        It's been the same **** since Granato got here. Try to score as many goals as possible, defense is optional. Adding more offense does NOT solve the team defense issue! This team will not do anything without playing defense. Outscored 5-0 tonight at 5v5.

Granato does not get the benefit of the doubt anymore. It is put up or shut up time.

Comment

The freshmen are good.

The defense is the same problem it ever was. We would need an entire team of first rounders to score enough to make up for all the goals that are getting scored uncontested in the slot or on transition chances.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

And let me add something else...so York has 12 FF’s under his belt at BC. That is more then Sauer, Eaves and Granato combined. So let’s get a grip here. Either you want Wisconsin at the top or we coast on history these kids don’t know or respect and the fans mostly have forgotten.
            F.THAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              Ill be the defender for Lebedeff (since his teammates, the media, twitter and even you guys won’t).

That first goal was awful, but look at how hung out to dry he is on the regular. 2:1s regularly, guys getting open shots in the slot… THAT DROP PASS BEHIND OUR OWN BLUELINE THAT OF COURSE LED TO A TURNOVER.

Why everyone piles on the goaltending and not the wholly inept defense that’s happy to watch the game is beyond me.
              The number of Grade A chances the Eagles had last night was astronomical for a Div1 game. Lebedeff saved a ton of those Grade A chances. A bad goaltending performance would have put BC into 10-12 goal range. Not unlike that wacky game at Conte a few years ago when BC put up I think 9 goals on the Badgers and seemingly everything went in and the UW tenders couldn’t stop a beach ball.

Lebedeff looked pretty terrific from my vantage point. Maybe got caught leaning on the first goal and didn’t seal the post on the Warren goal. The other 3 were point blank top corner shots.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Have to crush Merrimack tonight. Would be a pairwise killer to lose to them.

Comment

I'm predicting two more goals for Caufield tonight. Good luck.

Comment

The Big Boys sure took care of business today. I expected a win but not necessarily total domination. Wow.

So Ryder gets his first chance as a Badger tonight as the extra skater with Dominic taking a seat in the stands. Hopefully the boys have shaken off the jitters they started with last night and get right to work. Looks like this will be streamed on CBS sports again like last night.

Let's Go Red!!
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

That goal against is 100% on Miller. Play the puck and be less worried about taking the hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                        That goal against is 100% on Miller. Play the puck and be less worried about taking the hit.
                        Another signature defensive breakdown. If you watch the badgers in the defensive zone they are all looking at the puck and not looking to pick up the guy in the slot/in front of the net. That's basic defense that you learn in peewee hockey.

Osiecki should go talk to Jim Leonard about the importance of fundamentals and not making mental errors.

Comment

This team is embarrassing. Outscored 8-0 5v5 so far this season.

Comment

Holy **** we scored 5v5! TPB

Edit: x2! They heard me *****in' lol.

Comment

LOL big hit by Cole Caufield!

Comment

Let the flood gates open, bout time!

Comment

Working...
                                X