This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

Who said they polled MAGAts? How do you know who was sampled?

Comment

Read the quote:
      The poll — taken in May, before Speaker Pelosi's latest run-in with AOC and the three other liberal House freshmen known as "The Squad" — included 1,003 likely general-election voters who are white and have two years or less of college education.

These are the "white, non-college voters" who embraced Donald Trump in 2016 but are needed by Democrats in swing House districts.
      They basically took a subset/demographic of the voting populace that’s likely to vote for Trump and found that they viewed the people Trump just racially attacked as unfavorable. Shocking stuff, better bring back all the southern democrats!

Comment

I would be interested in more demographic data, particularly the exact districts that were polled.

Comment

For 2020, the only states they should be polling in are Clinton +5 to Trump +8. It doesn’t matter what California, New York, or Texas thinks. It matters what North Carolina, Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Nevada, Maine, Colorado, and Virginia think.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            For 2020, the only states they should be polling in are Clinton +5 to Trump +8. It doesn’t matter what California, New York, or Texas thinks. It matters what North Carolina, Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Nevada, Maine, Colorado, and Virginia think.
            I would be surprised if MN voted R. And that's an understatement.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I would agree that the district matters but when they come out with this cherrypicked poll at a time where there’s public infighting among the two wings of the party, it’s pretty suspect.

Comment

Well, what’s the makeup of the states I posted? If there are 2x the number of non-college whites, then having 2x more in the poll is probably accurate.

Anything with a B+/A- rating on 538 probably knows what they’re doing.

Edit: nm. They don’t say anything about who did the poll. If it was internal polling then *shrug*

And if those were the only people polled, then it definitely seems kind of silly for it to portray the thoughts of the nation as a whole.
                Last edited by dxmnkd316; 07-14-2019, 03:54 PM.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Verrry interesting. We white folks better get with the breeding program...

https://youtu.be/4iUAZqytK98
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Verrry interesting. We white folks better get with the breeding program...

https://youtu.be/4iUAZqytK98
                    Dissertations could be written on the ways in which this is wrong and the ways in which those different types of wrongness demonstrate historical ignorance.

This may just be the single most misleading thing I have ever seen on the internet. If you find it intellectually substantive I weep for you. If you find it emotionally substantive, well, you're in interesting company.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

Comment

Also lmao:

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          Also lmao:
                          Libby are good at the maths.

Comment

Also lmao:
                            Centrism for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Also lmao:
                              For once you and I are 100% on board here. I’ve always been blown away at how high medical costs need to be before they are tax-deductible.

Anything out-of-pocket should count towards itemization. With no cap. The state should not be forcing you to decide whether to seek medical care or pay taxes.

I don’t understand how this is even centrism. It’s loonball-****-the-poor-and-middle-class-ism

I don’t know many people who could take an 8.5% hit on gross pay and actually afford it. Even for an upper middle class family that makes $150k a year, that might be $12.5k. Even a family like that might not have that kind of cash sitting around. Then get taxed on top of it.

Just make it 100% deductible across the board.

Edit: great comment in the thread:
                              “Love [to] tithe 8.5% of my income to Aetna”

Edit 2: I had completely misinterpreted the 8.5% figure. It’s even worse. 8.5% of your income is the cap on premiums. Not even including cost of care. Holy hell.

Edit 3: the rest of it seems pretty down the road. But I have a feeling that employers aren’t going to look at that 8.5% and see a way to offload their plans onto the government. Just keep increasing costs annually without any kind of pay raise, and poof, problem solved.
                              Last edited by dxmnkd316; 07-15-2019, 01:04 PM.
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                For once you and I are 100% on board here. I’ve always been blown away at how high medical costs need to be before they are tax-deductible.

Anything out-of-pocket should count towards itemization. With no cap.
                                Here we too agree (although I believe the quoted figures from the previous links are in err, unless I am misunderstanding context).

Total more than 7.5% of your AGI (only the amount that exceeds 7.5% is deductible) <-- that's Form 1040 Schedule A

That number, if at all, should be no more than 2% of AGI. And you should be able to include medical, dental, and prescriptive (lens, not frames) vision expenses.
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X