• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Please. Bring Soros in too.

And a Koch Bro should challenge tD.

‐-‐-------------
    On another note an experience with forced busing in LA in the 70s.

https://www.takimag.com/article/busi...tle-jew-was-me
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      The Democrats need to take all the memos like this one that have probably been written to their party leaders over the years and make them mandatory reading, on a monthly basis, for the candidate and his or her closest advisors.
      In my circle the document in the link you provided was infamous and much talked about after Clinton's embarrassing performance in Ohio in 2016. I pointed out to co-workers how obvious it was to me she was going to get wiped off the face of the earth with white, working class voters, and I based that on the literature left on doors by those canvassing for her. It spoke of criminal justice reform, LGBT rights and 2 or 3 other things that clearly came straight out of the identity politics playbook. One Saturday in October I was covering turf on Cleveland's far west side and the western suburbs. Lots of white, working class folks who used to be (or whose families used to be) firmly in the growing middle class and who had suffered for generations as jobs left Ohio. To put it bluntly, they didn't give a 5h!t about LGBT issues or anything else that was worked up in our talking points or on the door hangers.

I don't see that being as much of an issue this time around with most of these candidates, but if the eventual nominee falls into the same trap come the summer of 2020, he or she can expect a similar outcome in a whole bunch of states.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Please. Bring Soros in too.

And a Koch Bro should challenge tD.

‐-‐-------------
        On another note an experience with forced busing in LA in the 70s.

https://www.takimag.com/article/busi...tle-jew-was-me
        Some people choose drugs, others choose tv. You’ve chosen Fox News.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Some people choose drugs, others choose tv. You’ve chosen Fox News.
          DiY, GAC, HGTV, Smithsonian, NatGeo, TWC (when disasters strike), Willow, and 570->599
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

DiY, GAC, HGTV, Smithsonian, NatGeo, TWC (when disasters strike), Willow, and 570->599
            Fox News was an umbrella term for the conservative ooga-booga press. Washington Times, The Blaze, The Daily Caller, The Federalist, Newsmax, Wall STreet Journal Opinion... you know, fishwraps like those.

STick to the Washington Post, Axios, BBC, Reuters, and NPR. Your brain will thank you.
            Last edited by dxmnkd316; 07-09-2019, 09:03 AM.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Fox News was an umbrella term for the conservative ooga-booga press. Washington Times, The Blaze, The Daily Caller, The Federalist, Newsmax, Wall STreet Journal Opinion... you know, fishwraps like those.

STick to the Washington Post, Axios, BBC, Reuters, and NPR. Your brain will thank you.
              The Blaze was dropped by FIOS. Newsmax is a skip between CNN and 620. I don't pay for the WSJ or the other stuff.

Read the ComPost and the Beeb. It's like reading Pravda back in the 80s. You get another perspective.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

WaPo has a great fact checker who basically says, "well technically they were correct by the facts BUT I still give it 12 Pinocchio's".

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  WaPo has a great fact checker who basically says, "well technically they were correct by the facts BUT I still give it 12 Pinocchio's".
                  Sorry this is in reference to...?

Comment

I want to say Deutsche or someone posted it a while back in this thread. The bottom paragraph of the first one is especially hilarious

Comment

If you want some fun, throw on OneAmerica News sometime. Back when I had DirecTV I would watch for a few minutes when I felt like wondering what it would be like to live in North Korea. Straight up propaganda and the low production value really ties it all together.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        If you want some fun, throw on OneAmerica News sometime. Back when I had DirecTV I would watch for a few minutes when I felt like wondering what it would be like to live in North Korea. Straight up propaganda and the low production value really ties it all together.
                        Sounds like Sinclair with Boris.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Comment

Read the ComPost and the Beeb. It's like reading Pravda back in the 80s. You get another perspective.
                            When I want some junk food, I go read the posts on FreeRepublic. It's what I imagine attending a meeting of the local Bund was like back in the 30s.

Comment

Kirsten Gillibrand with a very Presidential-esque moment on the campaign trail...

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Kirsten Gillibrand with a very Presidential-esque moment on the campaign trail...

She's had some great moments. Too bad she sucked so bad during the debates. I was hopeful.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X