• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Neither.
    There's always a DHL guy in the room.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      No, you'd be replacing a private bureaucratic system with a larger governmental bureaucratic system.

Ask yourself: If you have something that needs to be in the hands of someone on the other coast at 1030 hours tomorrow morning ... USPS* or FedEx**.

*Yes, quasi-governmental.
      **Private.
      Considering FedEx itself would use the post office for last mile delivery about 1/3rd of the time...

And get back to me when FedEx will deliver my niece's birthday card for under $1.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        My cat is lazy in that sense. But he loves "helping" with workouts and standing on my developing chest when I'm trying to sleep. And what makes him superior to Dump: he doesn't care I'm trans... he still snuggles with me regardless.
        don't assume that tD wouldn't want to play with your chest...
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          don't assume that tD wouldn't want to play with your chest...
          I'm a trans girl, and that means he hates me.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            There's always a DHL guy in the room.
            Wrong.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I cannot honestly believe DHL exists.

My company uses UPS mostly, maybe 5% of our shipping is FedEx.

IIRC, my Amazon stuff I get (which is only 1-2 purchases a year) is split between UPS/USPS.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                UPS would be fine if their price point wasnt ridiculous for many things.
                Our shipping person in the office is in total karma with the rules and rates of USPS, UPS, and FedEx. It's just ... amazing.

I needed to ship a component (under 2 pounds, fits into 4x4x4" box) to North Carolina overnight -- she says UPS Red; but, same component to Oregon overnight? FedEx. I asked why. She scowled the scowl of "just trust me" shipping omnipotence and showed me pricing all three options each direction. She knew. I bowed and backed away.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The only time I ever used FedEx was when I was in online sales and we had a shady FedEx Ground guy who did our deliveries. He put every package in for a 1lb so we paid next to nothing. (he was paid per delivery by FedEx according to him) Saved us thousands.

Otherwise USPS destroys FedEx when it comes to price and on time delivery in the 20 years I have using them both. It isnt even close. When my buddy and I were shipping out of the house (between 100-500 items a month all over the world) we price pointed and USPS was easily the best. We would give people the options and the customers almost always chose USPS and we never had a complaint in 2 years. Well outside one clown in Austria who ripped us off, tried it again and when we didnt fall for it went nuts on us. I wrote him a long email about how Austria is Germany's biotch
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

FedEx drivers are paid per box delivered. Sort of an independent contractor sort of thing. UPS is employee, so either hourly or salary.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Otherwise USPS destroys FedEx when it comes to price and on time delivery in the 20 years I have using them both.
                      That's generally been my experience too. However, at that point where I start developing complete faith in the postal service, something happens like what I saw last week. I received in the mail an envelope that was one with the window in it with a pre-addressed piece of paper inside. It was pretty obviously a credit card payment. It was to something like Chase Payment Center, although I don't think that was the name. The credit card payment site's address was in Omaha, NE. The unfortunate soul who probably mailed in their payment in a timely fashion had a return address of Lincoln, NE.

It showed up in my mailbox in Minnesota.

I'm sure there is an explanation. I just have no idea what it is.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

My brother had an insurance replacement phone shipped UPS to him a few years back. Just a fancy dumb phone, not a smart phone. Saw the UPS truck drive through the neighborhood and not stop at his apartment. Three hours later, he checks and UPS tracking said the "signature required" package was *just* dropped off.

Checks entry to the building. A stack of boxes, but not his.

It's small town Michigan so he calls the UPS hub where the driver was dispatched from. Talks to a manager and asks where this package is, otherwise he needs to file a police report with the State Police so the insurance company can send *another* replacement phone.

Manager says the driver just returned, puts my brother on hold, manager then says the driver will "fix the issue."

Turns out, the UPS driver (and likely the manager) just stopped giving a sh*t about his (their) job(s) and were upright stealing packages, but felt compelled (likely because of the mention of the police) to return my brothers delivery to him that evening.

Despite the UPS return mailing label, he paid the USPS to return the broken phone. Oh and he still notified the State Police about the incident too.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          Despite the UPS return mailing label, he paid the USPS to return the broken phone. Oh and he still notified the State Police about the incident too.
                          We had a weird incident at work related to that once, I think it was a USPS driver but basically they had been doing something similar, not delivering mail basically and our work got a subpoena from the feds.

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/17/polit...ate/index.html

Dear GOd why
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

CNN is so worried about being accused of "rigging it" they are letting everyone friggin talk. Its stupid. It was cute for one debate but come on 3/4 of these clowns dont even belong on the stage.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Blame the DNC.

Having said that, the field will be culled before the 3rd debate by the higher qualification standards. And we're still 6 months from the Iowa caucuses and 15 months from the general election. Frankly, it's absurd we're already having debates.

Comment

Working...
                                X