• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New WCHA is dead

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
    Official announcement:

New Men's Hockey League Reveals Name: Central Collegiate Hockey Association
    https://lssulakers.com/sports/m-hock...20200218i03d8z
    Not impressed. I think they would have been better served to go with something new.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bringing back the CCHA...now just bring back St. Louis University (one of the original schools) so I can catch NMU at least once a year by just crossing the street after work.
      Thinking that NMU is way better then your school with no evidence or proof since 2001.

Comment

ChickenChit Hockey Association

LSSU and FSU probably shouldn't rush to re-brand everything just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by tmoney@nmu View Post
          Bringing back the CCHA...now just bring back St. Louis University (one of the original schools) so I can catch NMU at least once a year by just crossing the street after work.
          I greatly enjoyed those Bowling Green St. Louis battles in the late 1970's. Fantastic memories!

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
            ChickenChit Hockey Association

LSSU and FSU probably shouldn't rush to re-brand everything just yet.
            How dare schools don't want to travel 3,500+ miles one way to play conference games!?

Comment

So, just because I don't always pay attention on the D1 side … this leaves Alaska-Anchorage, Alaska-Fairbanks and Alabama-Huntsville without a conference, along with Arizona State (who didn't have one)

Correct?
              Last edited by GB Puck Fan; 02-18-2020, 11:42 AM.
              St. Norbert College Green Knights
              NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
              NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
              NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
              ---
              SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                So, just because I don't always pay attention on the D1 side … this leaves Alaska-Juneau, Alaska-Fairbanks and Alabama-Huntsville without a conference, along with Arizona State (who didn't have one)

Correct?
                Ya, and one of these things is not like the other.

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                  So, just because I don't always pay attention on the D1 side … this leaves Alaska-Juneau, Alaska-Fairbanks and Alabama-Huntsville without a conference, along with Arizona State (who didn't have one)

Correct?
                  Anchorage, not Juneau.
                  LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
                    Anchorage, not Juneau.
                    brainfreeze.. thank you.
                    St. Norbert College Green Knights
                    NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                    NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                    ---
                    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

I believe UAA and UAF have not filed paperwork with the league to leave, but UAH has.

So that leaves us with
                      WCHA: UAA, UA_
                      Announced intentions in leaving: UAH
                      Homeless: ASU

*Edit* I assume UAH could have the league tear up their paperwork and remain IF something comes about.
                      UAA, UA_, UAH, and ASU is a tough sell for other teams wanting in. And I believe the NCAA has a rule about conferences with less than six members.
                      Last edited by aparch; 02-18-2020, 11:54 AM.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey John View Post
                        I greatly enjoyed those Bowling Green St. Louis battles in the late 1970's. Fantastic memories!
                        St Louis had some very good teams. Too bad they didn't have their own arena and that probably led to their demise. They had to play in the old St Louis Blues arena, the Checkerdome I think it was, and that proved to be too expensive for them.

Comment

It’s been a poorly kept secret that Bowling Green is the ringleader here. This should remove any doubt.
                          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            UAA, UA_, UAH, and ASU is a tough sell for other teams wanting in. And I believe the NCAA has a rule about conferences with less than six members.
                            College Hockey America operated with four teams there at the end (2008-09, 2009-10). They kept getting waivers once they went below six teams. I don't know if the hope was that more teams would join up or whether it was to give them time to find a place to land.

I do not consider a four-team conference, even if it was BC-BU-Harvard-Northeastern, to be viable. If you want to keep the number of games equitable, you're probably playing eight (8) games against each team, which is two trips to each school a year, and even then you're still looking to fill ten (10) non-conference games. UAH played 28 regular season games in 2007-08 and 2000-10 and just 28 in 2008-09.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                              How dare schools don't want to travel 3,500+ miles one way to play conference games!?
                              Actually, the moniker is more about the way it was handled then the end result.

But to be clear, you’d be against the CCHA adding any new team that required a flight?

Comment

• Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                                brainfreeze.. thank you.
                                There is no Alaska-Juneau. It’s Alaska Southeast.

Comment

Working...
                                X