X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New WCHA is dead

COLLEGE HOCKEY AMERICA RETURNS!!!!

(I kid, but seriously, if it’s a familiar name, what else could it be besides the CCHA?)
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

(I kid, but seriously, if it’s a familiar name, what else could it be besides the CCHA?)
      I've heard CHA. CCHA is most likely, but CHA is in play.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        I've heard CHA. CCHA is most likely, but CHA is in play.
        Who would own that trademark, given that it’s still in use on the women’s side? Mercyhurst?
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Who would own that trademark, given that it’s still in use on the women’s side? Mercyhurst?
          That is above my paygrade.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Maybe they're resurrecting the IHL but calling it the Intercollegiate Hockey League.

Doesn't tie them down geographically so it will be easy to add ASU.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
              Maybe they're resurrecting the IHL but calling it the Intercollegiate Hockey League.

Doesn't tie them down geographically so it will be easy to add ASU.

geography (like math (see Big Ten)) doesn't really matter. Atlantic Hockey has a team in Colorado.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                geography (like math (see Big Ten)) doesn't really matter. Atlantic Hockey has a team in Colorado.
                But we're better than that.

I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                  But we're better than that.

I hope.

I dont ever remember anyone complaining that the WCHA included a team in Alabama because thats not really "Western"?
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    I dont ever remember anyone complaining that the WCHA included a team in Alabama because thats not really "Western"?
                    Touche.

But were Sparty the Skunkheads western when the WCHA started?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      It fit UAH well. There are a lot of Braves and Falcons fans there and they played in the NL West and NFC West!
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

The Fighting Sioux Hockey Association?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          America East has Stanford for field hockey. Guess Hawaii was unavailable.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                            Touche.

But were Sparty the Skunkheads western when the WCHA started?

Everything west of I-87 was considered "western" in those days.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I want to be excited that the CCHA is potentially back, but I'm not because I was really hoping for an NCHC2... a clean start from the ground up with "like minded" schools who know what they want.

Maybe they still can under the established CCHA name, but there will be some baggage attached to reusing the name.

Someone else mentioned that there hasn't been any new names trademarked. I looked as well, and couldn't find anything either.

Unless we're becoming the Salsa Hockey, the official salsa of hockey, because our schools get dunked by the NaCHos...

But, the CCHA trademark is listed as active.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                I want to be excited that the CCHA is potentially back, but I'm not because I was really hoping for an NCHC2... a clean start from the ground up with "like minded" schools who know what they want.

Maybe they still can under the established CCHA name, but there will be some baggage attached to reusing the name.

Someone else mentioned that there hasn't been any new names trademarked. I looked as well, and couldn't find anything either.

Unless we're becoming the Salsa Hockey, the official salsa of hockey, because our schools get dunked by the NaCHos...

But, the CCHA trademark is listed as active.
                                I'm trying REAL HARD not to be negative. I think the CCHA name would be baggage and a drag on whatever happens.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X