X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New WCHA is dead

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    I'm not sure what you expect? I understand the frustration, but Michigan Tech and the rest need to worry about their own well being. If they can't sustain in the current situation, there is no reason to stay. UAH and UAA have consistently been bottom ten in PWR. Playing those teams at least 6 times a year does nothing but hurt the chances of multiple WCHA teams making the tournament. You've heard Joe talk about recruiting struggles in the current situation, losing players to better leagues. This should help that situation, not to mention other aspects of all of this.
    I understand the problem, but I think there has to be a better solution than going off and in the middle of the night stabbing these other programs in the back.
    Second, FSU and LSSU to a lesser extent, HAVE to spend more money or we will still struggle to get all those things you discuss going forward.. We in the UP need those teams to be in existence and we need them to be committed to success. No one wants to travel to Houghton or Marquette and the Soo isn't much better. The Minnesota teams don't want to and neither does The lower Michigan teams.
    I don't have a magic wand, but FSU, in particular, has to step up. Also, Lawson arena is just as bad as FSU.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
      I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why the burden of having both Alaska schools and an Alabama program that hasn't had a pulse in over a decade falls on these seven schools. Just because every other program in college hockey called "NOT IT!" first, they escape blame and/or responsibility?
      That's why I love it when B1G and NCHC fans pop into these threads to inform us we're scum for leaving UA_, UAA, and UAH behind, when they did the exact same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        I understand the problem, but I think there has to be a better solution than going off and in the middle of the night stabbing these other programs in the back.
        Second, FSU and LSSU to a lesser extent, HAVE to spend more money or we will still struggle to get all those things you discuss going forward.. We in the UP need those teams to be in existence and we need them to be committed to success. No one wants to travel to Houghton or Marquette and the Soo isn't much better. The Minnesota teams don't want to and neither does The lower Michigan teams.
        I don't have a magic wand, but FSU, in particular, has to step up. Also, Lawson arena is just as bad as FSU.
        I like what LSSU is doing trying to reach out to the larger Canadian Soo. I hope that has dividends going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          That's why I love it when B1G and NCHC fans pop into these threads to inform us we're scum for leaving UA_, UAA, and UAH behind, when they did the exact same thing.
          I haven't seen any of that. It's more of a "Welcome to the club, Tech fans! Here's soap to wash the blood off your hands."

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            You are both Right......You are all scum.
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
              I haven't seen any of that. It's more of a "Welcome to the club, Tech fans! Here's soap to wash the blood off your hands."
              Tech would love to play UND on a semi-regular basis. Unfortunately, UND will only do it in That Godforsaken town in North Dakota. No return trip. Well no return trip, no games.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                Tech would love to play UND on a semi-regular basis. Unfortunately, UND will only do it in That Godforsaken town in North Dakota. No return trip. Well no return trip, no games.
                I'd love that too. Other than Anchorage, Houghton was the one road trip I didn't get to go to in the WCHA. It wasn't too long ago that Brad Berry mentioned in a article how he'd like for UND to make a trip to Houghton for a series. I forgot who it was here but someone mentioned that UND was asking for 2 for 1 deal? If so, quite disappointing to be stuck on that as well as asking for that. UND did a 1 for 1 with Canisius for cripes sake!

Comment

Really?
                  Tell Bemidji State.
                  Tell Canisius (went to Buffalo first!).
                  Tell Mankato State.
                  Tell Minnesota (played in Vegas and MSP).
                  Tell UAA.
                  Tell Wisconsin.

That's since the start of the 2017-18 season.

Tell your MTU friends to get in line to try to get the 2022 UND destination game. Sounds like Las Vegas again.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                    "She cried, but she kept taking."

Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      Really?
                      Tell Bemidji State.
                      Tell Canisius (went to Buffalo first!).
                      Tell Mankato State.
                      Tell Minnesota (played in Vegas and MSP).
                      Tell UAA.
                      Tell Wisconsin.

That's since the start of the 2017-18 season.

Tell your MTU friends to get in line to try to get the 2022 UND destination game. Sounds like Las Vegas again.
                      Apparently all of those are more attractive than Houghton. you tell me. I think we've been in line for some time.

Comment

The new ccha will be like bums with cardboard signs on the side of road begging for non conferance home games. Only then the ccha brain trust finds out only Tom Bodett is volunteering to go up

those icy dead end roads in a chained up buss.
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                          You are both Right......You are all scum.
                          This. The schools that on one hand complain how they’re “not competitive” and “not financially committed” while on the other have forced UAA and UAF to pay hundreds of thousands (millions potentially) in travel costs.

Gee, I wonder how different things would be if UAA and UAF could’ve used that money to invest in infrastructure?
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            I agree with Dilks (and now I need a shower).

I believe the problem was money (I hope nobody is surprised): Would UND get a cut of BTN revenues? What about UND's regional television deal with Midco Sports Network? How about gates?

Then toss in that B1G elitist attitude: North Dakota? Puh-leese. What do they have*?

*Just a Med School with two-way physician training agreements with Mayo Clinic; a law school; a premier worldwide aviation school; a world recognized energy and environment research center; engineering; business; 120 graduate degree options; a Carnegie "Doctoral Universities – High research activity" university; top athletic facilities including REA, a domed football stadium, and a domed practice field (football) with a 300M indoor track.
                            Here's the problem.... Olive Garden is your 5 star pie hole filler in the middle of a bean field close to nowhere on a 2 lane road . Thats the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                              Here's the problem.... Olive Garden is your 5 star pie hole filler in the middle of a bean field close to nowhere on a 2 lane road . Thats the problem.
                              Hey Hey Hey...no need to bring the OG into this.
                              Thinking that NMU is way better then your school with no evidence or proof since 2001.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                This. The schools that on one hand complain how they’re “not competitive” and “not financially committed” while on the other have forced UAA and UAF to pay hundreds of thousands (millions potentially) in travel costs.

Gee, I wonder how different things would be if UAA and UAF could’ve used that money to invest in infrastructure?
                                They'd have top notch facilities to play each other 26 times a year? Most teams would need to book the 2 extra games at home, and sell them out, in order to break even on the trip to ONE Alaska school.

Comment

Working...
                                X