X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New WCHA is dead

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    I didn't hear the comments. But if he was asked, and Kurtz approved ADs to mention upcoming information you cannot blame LSSU's AD. It's not his fault the news happens to be released when his team is playing Huntsville. Would it have been any better if FSU mentioned something while hosting Tech this weekend?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    If anyone has FloHockey, you can hear the comments late in the first intermission. The AD's comments didn't really say much just that there was news coming this week and said it was news that the Lakers' announcer would like. It was really brief right before they had to take a break. The convo was mostly about the game that will be today in the Canadian Soo.

AD Paitson: I won't get into detail but the new hockey league will have some news out this week I think you'll be interested in.
    Crawford: Well, that's what we were just talking about in the first period and that'll be great to hear that. It's been pretty quiet on that front.
    AD: I think you'll enjoy this one.

My speculation was that maybe it was Western Michigan showing interest in the league because Crawford, the LSSU announcer, started at Lake State and got his degree at WMU. Other Laker fans quickly shot that down in the LSSU season thread. Anyway, I guess we'll know this week if any real info comes out.
    Last edited by lakersparty; 02-15-2020, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
      If anyone has FloHockey, you can hear the comments late in the first intermission. The AD's comments didn't really say much just that there was news coming this week and said it was news that the Lakers' announcer would like. It was really brief right before they had to take a break. The convo was mostly about the game that will be today in the Canadian Soo.

AD Paitson: I won't get into detail but the new hockey league will have some news out this week I think you'll be interested in.
      Crawford: Well, that's what we were just talking about in the first period and that'll be great to hear that. It's been pretty quiet on that front.
      AD: I think you'll enjoy this one.

My speculation was that maybe it was Western Michigan showing interest in the league because Crawford, the LSSU announcer, started at Lake State and got his degree at WMU. Other Laker fans quickly shot that down in the LSSU season thread. Anyway, I guess we'll know this week if any real info comes out.
      I'm guessing for now the announcement will just be the name. I feel like there would have been leaks if Miami or Western is joining them, etc.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I think UAA, UA_ and UAH should remain in the WCHA and both strongly push for the new league to be required to wait the mandated 2 years for an autobid and also apply for a waiver for the WCHA to be allowed to maintain their autobid for 2 years while looking for new members.

Sean
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
          I think UAA, UA_ and UAH should remain in the WCHA and both strongly push for the new league to be required to wait the mandated 2 years for an autobid and also apply for a waiver for the WCHA to be allowed to maintain their autobid for 2 years while looking for new members.

Sean
          yeah because thats what we did to the NCHC and Big Ten?
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            yes, there is this thing called tact...it would have been much better if this game from Marquette or Big Rapids this weekend vs Sault Ste Marie or Fairbanks.
            Considering how this whole mess has gone I’m fairly certain no one involved knows the meaning of the word “tact”.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              I'm guessing for now the announcement will just be the name. I feel like there would have been leaks if Miami or Western is joining them, etc.
              So would they be bringing back the CCHA name? BGSU retained that name, right?
              Last edited by lakersparty; 02-15-2020, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                So would they be bringing back the CCHA name? BGSU retained that name, right?
                Yes, BGSU owns the CCHA name. I got the feeling that it would be a whole new name.

Comment

To be honest, pretty much every possible announcement will NOT make me happy! But that's just me.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                    Yes, BGSU owns the CCHA name. I got the feeling that it would be a whole new name.

CCHA is still "live" according to a trademark search and I've found nothing searching "collegiate hockey" other than the WCHA, CCHA, and NCHC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

Sean
                      They should invite ASU and St Thomas. For funsies.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I believe that UAH has also filed to leave the WCHA sometime in November, so as of right now the 2 Alaska schools are the only teams left in the WCHA.

Not sure what Huntsville's plan is.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                          I believe that UAH has also filed to leave the WCHA sometime in November, so as of right now the 2 Alaska schools are the only teams left in the WCHA.

Not sure what Huntsville's plan is.
                          they filed to protect themselves if something comes up. They currently have no intentions of leaving UAA and UA_. This was about giving them flexibility if they find another option.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                            Who the hell are we going to play out-of-conference? It's independent thug life in name only. BTDT, and we won't survive another hack at it.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

I know Mankato swept us, but I hope we face them in the NCAA so we can knock them out again
                              I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                they filed to protect themselves if something comes up. They currently have no intentions of leaving UAA and UA_. This was about giving them flexibility if they find another option.
                                And the Alaska schools would be smart to do the same thing, IMO.
                                Originally Posted by aparch
                                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X