X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New WCHA is dead

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Their window won't close however. They will get a home with the other D-1's whenever they get around to building their rink. They've shown that they are willing to have the program be a "loss leader" as an independent.
    the big advantage they have is what team wouldn't want to spend a weekend in Arizona during hockey season?
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      the big advantage they have is what team wouldn't want to spend a weekend in Arizona during hockey season?
      That and they are also talking to teams that are willing to fly anyways as well, so distance isn't a factor. They will have a home in the Nacho or B1G...
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
        in regard to the possible formation of a newnewWCHA;

could RIT be considered as an eight member joining the magnificent seven?

RIT is much closer to BGSU then UAH. and its about the same for BSU (the furthest team from UAH) to travel to either.
        I imagine the first step would be to see what Miami and Western Michigan want to do. After that, then perhaps the CCHA 2.0 looks east to schools like RIT.

My impression is that RIT has a strong program that could be a good fit. But I also imagine they might like to have at least one other nearby school with them in the CCHA 2.0, and I honestly don't know which of the Atlantic programs might be interested in switching leagues.

For that matter, do we have reason to think RIT would want to switch?
        Bowling Green: 1984 National Champion

Comment

For whatever it’s worth RIT is supposed to be a somewhat regular opponent on BG’s schedule going forward.
          Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Why take UAH back as the 8th team? We study the effects of travel on our student-athletes. I would not have guessed that busing would be easier than flying.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
              Why take UAH back as the 8th team? We study the effects of travel on our student-athletes. I would not have guessed that busing would be easier than flying.

GFM
              How often does UAH fly other than to Alaska?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Schadenfreude View Post
                I imagine the first step would be to see what Miami and Western Michigan want to do. After that, then perhaps the CCHA 2.0 looks east to schools like RIT.

My impression is that RIT has a strong program that could be a good fit. But I also imagine they might like to have at least one other nearby school with them in the CCHA 2.0, and I honestly don't know which of the Atlantic programs might be interested in switching leagues.

I don’t see RIT fitting NMU, Tech, Bemidji and Mankato any better than UAH does.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                  How often does UAH fly other than to Alaska? They bussed to NMU for the playoffs two years ago, leaving Huntsville around 6 pm Wednesday, stopping for breakfast near Chicago and a skate in Green Bay on Thursday before arriving in around 6:00 pm Thursday.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                  Rarely. Two years ago UAH bussed to NMU for the playoffs, leaving Huntsville around 6 PM on Wednesday, stopping for breakfast in Chicago and a skate in Green Bay, before arriving in Marquette around 6 PM Thursday.
                  Last edited by davyd83; 07-31-2019, 06:24 PM.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

You all are missing the point but 1st. MSN to Houghton is 244 nautical miles. Add 15% for statue. A passenger jet goes 480 knots roughly or about 30 minutes worth. Now, add some time to accelerate and slow down and you get maybe 35 minutes being conservative.. depending on who is flying and how much of a hurry they are in. And BTW 900 is not all that fast, unless you are at sea level.
                    But the point was, it's not very far and can easily be driven if you feel like it.
                    Last edited by manurespreader; 07-31-2019, 07:39 PM.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Schadenfreude View Post

Nobody is going to bolt and play for the Kramden Cup in the Greyhound Leftover's Hockey League.
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                        How often does UAH fly other than to Alaska?
                        Dave is right. I think that the only league opponents that see us fly are the Alaska schools. Sometimes we're even forced by the league to play games when we get to the rink 151 minutes before the game. (Yep, I'm still really not letting that one go.)

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Schadenfreude View Post
                          I don't see RIT being involved in this. Maybe another team from AHA that's a better geographic fit would be more interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                            I don't see RIT being involved in this. Maybe another team from AHA that's a better geographic fit would be more interested.
                            https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/823088e...2-f67584e9882e

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                              No body in their right mind is going to join this broke bus league.

But if by chance they get 2 teams who will they toss next ? ........Probally Bowling Green as it takes way more diesel to get there.
                              Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 08-03-2019, 11:54 AM.
                              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

RIT, Canisius, and Niagara all join the Empire Collegiate Hockey Conference along with all the other non Ivy NYS schools.

The video game sales will fund league operations.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X