X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New WCHA is dead

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    any given Sunday rule.
    The oWCHA put up with it when Tech and other schools were bad because their teams were better.

This really is the "who the heck do you think you are?" argument.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by thebrain View Post
      Curtain off the upper level of Target Center and you'd have about 6-7,000 seats.
      And a very large expense, and be #4 at best on the priority for schedule dates behind TWolves, Lynx and Concerts.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post
        @thebrain - what are the odds they play football at the new MLS soccer stadium? Isn't that just down the road?
        I guarantee MNUFC would make them pay for resodding the field after every game.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The fact that UST is committed to spending millions to upgrade its athletic department & @davyd83 & @Jimjamesak are saying they don't see how the Tommies could make various scenarios work (that are solvable with money) is fascinating.
          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
          B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
          CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
          ECAC:
          HEA: UMass
          NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
          Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            And a very large expense, and be #4 at best on the priority for schedule dates behind TWolves, Lynx and Concerts.
            Besides that I don't think money is the main problem, you keep ignoring the multiple other viable options I've presented. Also, the WNBA doesn't play during college hockey season [emoji2369]
            Last edited by moose97; 02-21-2020, 05:16 AM.

AHA:
            ECAC:

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
              The Anderson Centre seats 2,000. Your link says that gym is 1,800. But is that like comparing it to Ewigleben at FSU? What are the other capacities in the Horizon League?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
              You keep saying Horizon, but its the Summit that has been helping UST. PFW is leaving the Summit for the Horizon leaving a spot for UST. Also, technically, PFW plays a handful of games at the 10k seat Ft Wayne Coliseum each year, but they're definitely 3rd or 4th on the priority list behind the ECHL & D-league teams plus concerts
              Last edited by moose97; 02-21-2020, 06:32 AM.

AHA:
              ECAC:

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                any given Sunday rule.
                Right. North Dakota lost to Omaha at home, for example.
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                  Right. North Dakota lost to Omaha at home, for example.
                  Exactly. Except UND's lost to Omaha isn't a pairwise killer compared to the top teams in the WCHA losing to the bottom ones. Only one team in the NCHC has a losing non-conference record. 7 in the WCHA have losing records and three have zero wins. Those are going to drag down teams in conference.

The new CCHA is going to have bottom feeders in conference play, but if they can go 7-3-0 in non-con like perennial bottom feeder CC did this year, a win over a top team isn't going to drop them.

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                    You keep saying Horizon, but its the Summit that has been helping UST.
                    My mistake. I honestly don't pay that much attention to non-hockey conferences and I got them mixed up.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                      Exactly. Except UND's lost to Omaha isn't a pairwise killer compared to the top teams in the WCHA losing to the bottom ones. Only one team in the NCHC has a losing non-conference record. 7 in the WCHA have losing records and three have zero wins. Those are going to drag down teams in conference.

The new CCHA is going to have bottom feeders in conference play, but if they can go 7-3-0 in non-con like perennial bottom feeder CC did this year, a win over a top team isn't going to drop them.
                      You mean like how Bemidji State went 0-5-1 OOC & is #12 in the Pairwise?

AHA:
                      ECAC:

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                        My mistake. I honestly don't pay that much attention to non-hockey conferences and I got them mixed up.

I honestly don't pay attention either. I'm just bitter that PFW is losing the Dakota schools for teams I don't care about

AHA:
                        ECAC:

Comment

cF is mostly right, but I'd like to make a few other points.
                          If any number 1 team plays as many games against the bottom 10 in the pairwise as we do they are likely to lose 1 or 2. Not that they should but the disparity isn't that big in college hockey.
                          Second, I'm sure pairwise is a factor in the Cowardly 7 leaving but it's not the main reason. the main reason is the travel costs.
                          Third, look at cc's record non con.
                          they beat AF twice, They beat Princeton twice, the beat St . Lawrence, they split with Michigan State, They split with Minnesota and they lost to Dartmouth.

Our league schedules al these games against NcHc teams and wonders why we have a losing record. Maybe we could play the ECAC more often.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

You mean like how Bemidji State went 0-5-1 OOC & is #12 in the Pairwise?
                            They went 0-4-2 btw.

But Bemidji is a great example. If you flip the win at LSSU to a loss, they drop to 17. Do the same at NMU and they're 17. It's such a tight window for WCHA teams because they don't have as many options for quality win bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                              They went 0-4-2 btw.

But Bemidji is a great example. If you flip the win at LSSU to a loss, they drop to 17. Do the same at NMU and they're 17. It's such a tight window for WCHA teams because they don't have as many options for quality win bonus.
                              I largely agree with you, btw, and I misremembered the SCSC weekend. But either way, the NCHC is the one who formed their conference over Pairwise concerns. The nCCHA is, as mentioned, not about the Pairwise. Its about travel costs

AHA:
                              ECAC:

Comment

@thebrain - what are the odds they play football at the new MLS soccer stadium? Isn't that just down the road?
                                I think it's an option. I'm not sure if Allianz Field has big enough locker room space for DI football teams and if the turf could hold up. The LA Chargers did just play three seasons at an MLS field, but LA has better weather. Maybe after a couple of summers the turf at Allianz will be better than it was in the first year. To be fair, the construction company forgot to remove a drain cap so the turf was removed in September and replaced right before the UST-SJU game. The field's drainage should now be better.

If UST does go to the Pioneer League, I think their current stadium will be fine. Current stadium capacity ranges between 5,000 to 14,557, according to Wikipedia

Comment

Working...
                                X