Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    Nice W. Teams with really good freshman are usually only successful if they have strong leadership and talent among the upperclassmen as well. That appeared to be the difference between you and the Badgers. Boldy looked great, Newhook was okay but I'm sure his talent will show through before long. And Knight is as advertised. Only one game but certainly looks like you guys are NCAA tourney material.
    It should be a war when your team and BC play this year. BU and BC are loaded with talent again
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
      I'll freakin take it. Not perfect but good enough. Step 1 towards an NCAA berth.

Lebedeff stopped BC from putting up double digits. Tons and tons and tons of scoring opportunities.

Top line was deadly, and smashed any Wisconsin hopes with an epic 35 second shift to start the 3rd period and effectively put the game away and killed their spirits. Maybe some killer instinct there with those boys? Boldy is ridiculously talented from the two games I've seen of him now.

I think Helleson and Warren are game-changers to the D. The D played quite well tonight actually. Finkelstein was particularly good as well as the freshmen. Moore and McInnis were more than adequate and perhaps the most surprising thing was the solid limited ice time from 7th Dman Mike Karow. Even the lower lines looked decent. Big fan of McLaughlin and Greco still. There is nice balance to this roster finally. Seems like the team may be well-built. Ice was a bit chippy especially early and BC stopped moving and lost loose some puck battles as a result of slow feet/positioning.

Special teams was mostly a disaster. Faceoffs were very good. Cole Caufield is gonna score a ton of goals.

A lot more tests to come. At least they finally passed their first test rather than having the worst start since the 1930s.
      Mitch Andres looks like he can contribute too. He has size and adds depth to the blue line
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
        If BC played the first 25 games like they played the last 6 it would have been a different season for sure. Not sure there is any one team that well above the top 4, it will be another dogfight and I expect BU, UMASS and NU will be there at the end.
        But then again they were who they were, a 11 win team and the shortage of talent and depth showed. Not enough offense and the defense failed them in key moments of the game.

Comment

Hardman up to 3rd line. Probably makes the most sense. Merulla in on 4th line. That seems like an odd choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Hardman up to 3rd line. Probably makes the most sense. Merulla in on 4th line. That seems like an odd choice.
            3-0 late in the 3rd, Knight with 39 saves and Julius an assist on all three goals Cotton a goal and a couple helpers

Comment

Are all these late 5-min majors by Colgate in a 3-0 game just coincidence or did they start head hunting?

6 pts in 6 periods for Cotton. Knight with the shutout. I think these guys still take too many penalties. Tough to compete hard and stay out of the box though.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

BC hockey just might be fun again. Stay tuned.

Also you have to give serious props to McInnis. Goal in his 100th game played. Takes a lot of grief. I don't care that Cotton had 3 pts or Knight had the shutout, he should be the #1 star.
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

If Knight plays like he can this really could be a great year.

I wasn't listening but did Hutsko finish the game? My dad said he might have gotten shaken up.

Comment

McInnis did have a good offensive pedigree in the USHL. So did Moore. Finkelstein has offensive ability as well but hasn't really showed it all that much here. Just need those guys to chip in here and there.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      If Knight plays like he can this really could be a great year.

I wasn't listening but did Hutsko finish the game? My dad said he might have gotten shaken up.
                      The BC account said he did not return and that is why you saw McLaughlin on that line (big fan of his, good versatile player).

Comment

Seems like they gave up an awful lot of shots to a team that is not supposed to be very good. That said, it's an out of conference winning streak! (been awhile since that could be said). Knight gets a shutout in just his second game. Two games, but much reason to be optimistic.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Just the kind of start the Eagles need to make people forget about the perpetually mediocre football team.
                          Chris V
                          Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                            Just the kind of start the Eagles need to make people forget about the perpetually mediocre football team.
                            If both Cotton and Hutsko miss the Denver series the enthusiasm these first two wins brought could easily come crashing down. For Cotton to take a hit to the head late in the game look for the Colgate player to receive additional sanctions.

Comment

That's true but most important thing is making sure you have those guys long term. Losing to Denver wouldn't be the end of the world.

Comment

And that’s the thing about winning two NC games this weekend. A little less pressure for the boys... confidence... it goes a long way in all sports. A split in Denver would still be great give the 2 wins this weekend. Win Friday and play with house money on Saturday.

Hope to see a good report on Cotton and Hutsko. Cotton has 6 pts in 6 periods of hockey I believe. There’s gonna be a Hobey campaign but he probably doesn’t even care. This kid just wants to win as I would imagine all of the seniors do. He was filthy last year on a godawful bad team.

Comment

Working...
                                X