Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Well there's only one more year to go of that!

Comment

I think the seniors are part of the team that still stink

Last year it was Kim and Fitz

As seniors you hope Mattillas can contribute with new blood to help

Rasinen is also deadwood but maybe we’ll see something from him

But with more big bodies and talent the defense should be improved and more offense we hope

As far as coaching I don’t have a high regard for the assistant coaches except maybe Brown before he left to join the rangers

But maybe with better talent the coaches will do a better job this year

To be honest I am not impressed by McGinnis, Buckley and the coach who played goalie for UNH who escapes my mind at the moment

I am not sure if they deserve to be picked preseason number one in hockey East after the disastrous season last year

But they cannot be any worse than last year I am sure or hope they won’t repeat last season
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

But with more big bodies and talent the defense should be improved and more offense we hope

As far as coaching I don’t have a high regard for the assistant coaches except maybe Brown before he left to join the rangers

To be honest I am not impressed by McGinnis, Buckley and the coach who played goalie for UNH who escapes my mind at the moment

I am not sure if they deserve to be picked preseason number one in hockey East after the disastrous season last year

But they cannot be any worse than last year I am sure or hope they won’t repeat last season
        Mike Ayers?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Mike Ayers?
          It’s appropriate coaching goalies but is he responsible for coaching the pp ?

It’s been abysmal for 2-3 years the BC power play

Puck movement and sense of urgency are terrible

Last year it looked so disorganized and lacked urgency often

Bad passing decisions and bad decisions with the puck
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

I am not sure if they deserve to be picked preseason number one in hockey East after the disastrous season last year. But they cannot be any worse than last year I am sure or hope they won’t repeat last season
            There's no way a team that won only 14 games last year should be picked 1st preseason. It's almost entirely on the backs on the freshmen and that is much to expect from freshman, even a class with three first round picks. 18 and 19 year olds, even highly talented ones often find it a struggle when in some cases they are playing against 23 year olds, i.e. grown men. That's why I think Hardman could be an important development for BC, a 20 year old freshman, who is more mature and a grown man himself. Still bring in the Newhooks and Boldys, but perhaps it will turn out that mixing in some older recruits will help.
            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
            BC - 12
            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

The coaching is not the problem, although I think McGinness behind the bench and his son on the ice is less than optimal. At least his other son is going to NU. We are still recovering from the losses of 2016. This year no more excuses, we have real talent up front, Cotton and Hustko are going to be tough for any defense to handle, just stay healthy. Big question is in goal, is Knight going to win the job and can he play up to the next level. Wohl struggled at times in his Freshman year.
              Looking forward to this, tough early schedule with a lot of away games. Win an OOC game this Friday!

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                There's no way a team that won only 14 games last year should be picked 1st preseason. It's almost entirely on the backs on the freshmen and that is much to expect from freshman, even a class with three first round picks. 18 and 19 year olds, even highly talented ones often find it a struggle when in some cases they are playing against 23 year olds, i.e. grown men. That's why I think Hardman could be an important development for BC, a 20 year old freshman, who is more mature and a grown man himself. Still bring in the Newhooks and Boldys, but perhaps it will turn out that mixing in some older recruits will help.
                I agree that it is a lot to ask of the freshmen. I also think that if BC had not upset UMass and made it to the HE title game, they wouldn't have been picked first. It allowed some to think "the RS was an anomaly, they hit their stride, almost won the HE championship, and would have been in the NCAAs if they had player better early on."
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  I agree that it is a lot to ask of the freshmen. I also think that if BC had not upset UMass and made it to the HE title game, they wouldn't have been picked first. It allowed some to think "the RS was an anomaly, they hit their stride, almost won the HE championship, and would have been in the NCAAs if they had player better early on."
                  If BC played the first 25 games like they played the last 6 it would have been a different season for sure. Not sure there is any one team that well above the top 4, it will be another dogfight and I expect BU, UMASS and NU will be there at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                    Look at Wahlstrom last year

A lot was expected but he was like another body out there for the most part

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                      I have two center ice seats for BC at PC available to a BC fan. We're leaving for Germany that evening. PM me.
                      I will buy them from you if you still have them

Comment

This reads like a post from an 80-year old fan on Eagleaction.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                          We are still recovering from the losses of 2016.
                          No.
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Huge one tonight. They could use an OOC win to start the year off right and get some positive vibes going right off the bat. Previous years brought dismal OOC records from start to finish and in reality the seasons were Deep-Sixed right from the start with the bad OOC results in spite of what someone might lecture us about mathematically missing by one game one time.

Always love seeing the Eagles and Badgers square off. Truly one of the nicest fanbases in all of college sports. The games are typically clean but hard-fought battles.

I'm very anxious to see what the coaching staff has prepared for a lineup. This will be very telling, and hopefully it tells us the right story of putting the best players out there.

Here's to a good one tonight and an Eagles W.

Comment

Should be a heck of a game tonight between BC and the Badgers. For those who may be interested there is a new site that covers BC hockey. Go Eagles!

www.maroonfervor.com

Comment

Originally posted by Seacaptim View Post
                                Should be a heck of a game tonight between BC and the Badgers. For those who may be interested there is a new site that covers BC hockey. Go Eagles!

www.maroonfervor.com
                                Other than the FF, I don't tend to watch too many non-BU games, but I have to admit I am looking forward to catching tonights game on NESN+. Lots of talent for sure.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X