Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

So weird that Merrimack has one game left and other teams have 4. While 5 points wins the title outright, 4 guarantees a share with UMass but BC has the tiebreaker there.

More importantly, they hold the edge on UMD and Denver in RPI. One thing I find interesting is if BC finishes as #4 and Denver #5 normally you would think BC stays east as a #1 seed. Cornell to Albany and BC to Worcester. Along with UND to Loveland. But would the committee put #1 overall with the top rated #2 especially when Denver is hosting? I doubt that.

Comment

My preferred playoff opponent would absolutely be UNH. After that, despite the hot streak, UConn. And believe it or not I would still rather see Maine over NU and PC. But that doesn't seem likely. Don't think I would mind Lowell either. They really aren't that good.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        So weird that Merrimack has one game left and other teams have 4. While 5 points wins the title outright, 4 guarantees a share with UMass but BC has the tiebreaker there.

More importantly, they hold the edge on UMD and Denver in RPI. One thing I find interesting is if BC finishes as #4 and Denver #5 normally you would think BC stays east as a #1 seed. Cornell to Albany and BC to Worcester. Along with UND to Loveland. But would the committee put #1 overall with the top rated #2 especially when Denver is hosting? I doubt that.
        You never know with the committee. I just hope BC isn't linked with Denver in 4-5 or even 3-6 in the PWR. To that extent, Duluth could be a convenient buffer.

Comment

Think I'd rather be a 2 seed with Cornell and stay East over going to Loveland as a 1 seed.

Comment

Think I'd rather be a 2 seed with Cornell and stay East over going to Loveland as a 1 seed.
            I live in NYC so anything other than Loveland is a reasonable drive.

Comment

My preferred playoff opponent would absolutely be UNH. After that, despite the hot streak, UConn. And believe it or not I would still rather see Maine over NU and PC. But that doesn't seem likely. Don't think I would mind Lowell either. They really aren't that good.
              Really Maine ??? They have a streak of 5 straight vs BC since last year

UML is always tough

PC or NU is preferable or UNH.
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Yep, I am still not a believer in that streak. Swayman is good but would be nice to get some revenge as well. Especially for how the last meeting ended.

Comment

Yep, I am still not a believer in that streak. Swayman is good but would be nice to get some revenge as well. Especially for how the last meeting ended.
                  Maine is playing well right now and tough while PC and NU are not deep right now. PC is struggling while you just saw how BC overmatched NU with speed.

If you want Maine play them in the final or semi finals
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Someone refresh my memory, what were the circumstances of BC getting screwed in 2011 and sent to St. Louis? I know it had something to do with host institution (Yale?).
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I forget exactly, will check that later. Just wanted to laugh again at the fact they had a REGIONAL in an NHL arena.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                        Someone refresh my memory, what were the circumstances of BC getting screwed in 2011 and sent to St. Louis? I know it had something to do with host institution (Yale?).
                        UNH as host institution had to play in Manchester and was the No. 4 seed. They moved BC, a top seed out west to avoid a same-conference first round matchup. Yale got Bridgeport that year as host institution.

Comment

Of that entire 2008-2012 run, that 2010-2011 team was the best of them all. Just had a bad night against CC.
                          Last edited by J.D.; 02-23-2020, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                            This Leonard dude at Umass-Amherst is filthy. Even the ENG was pretty impressive. And I'm not just talking about his night tonight. This guy is legit.
                            This. He leads the country in goals, and a LOT of them are highlight reel worthy. Hometown boy for UMass.
                            Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Of that entire 2008-2012 run, that 2010-2011 team was the best of them all. Just had a bad night against CC.
                              Agree and we got the jump on them with a goal in the first minute and it fell apart quickly after that .

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                Agree and we got the jump on them with a goal in the first minute and it fell apart quickly after that .
                                Kreider-Mullane-J. Hayes
                                J. Whitney-Gibbons-Atkinson
                                Almeida-Arnold-S. Whitney
                                Carey-Brown-K. Hayes

9 of 12 played at least a game in the NHL. Just an absurd lineup for a college team to assemble.

I haven't kept up with this stuff but no stats for Jimmy Hayes this year after playing in the AHL last year. Perhaps he retired. Put up decent numbers last year. Bill Arnold retired in 2016 but was a full time AHL player at that point. Not sure if that was injury related.

Joe Whitney still playing in Sweden. Steven Whitney was still in AHL this year but currently on ECHL team. It looks like Barry Almeida has been a full time ECHL guy for the last three years. How much do those guys make?

Kreider, Atkinson, K. Hayes still doing well in the NHL. And who would have thought at that point that Patrick Brown would make it to the NHL and hang around this long. Scored for Vegas the other night.

John Muse played one game in the KHL this year but that's it. Maybe he's finally done playing. Milner is still kicking around. Good numbers in the ECHL. Tommy Cross has been a pretty **** good player in the AHL but never broke through at the NHL level.

Finally, Gerbe still making an impact in the NHL for Columbus. He went to Switzerland for a couple years and then worked his way back to the NHL.

Thus concludes your alumni update.

Comment

Working...
                                X